Quantcast

» «
Photo

What GTA (s) makes you feel like a "criminal" the most?

25 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:30 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 08 December 2017 - 05:31 AM.

For me it's GTA IV with an honourable mention to TLAD too.

In GTA IV I love that the majority of the side missions are centred around something actually illicit that ties in perfectly with Niko being a hired gun/hitman. Brucie's exotic exports are really fun to do and of course with Dwayne's back up it helps enhance the other combat style side missions.

TLAD does an amazing job of the biker theme and it resonates well with its side missions like Stubbs' dirty laundry, the bike thefts, gang wars etc.

• universetwisters, Wu-Tang Forever, Crimie and 3 others like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:51 AM

Obviously, CJ. Tommy comes close second.

Just shooting and driving from point A to point B are basic objectives to carry out violence, but to to take on the role of a criminal, things like going to the gym, recruiting gangs, signing contacts with crinminals (like Woozie) and enter into a business, buying properties from illegal money, hiring close associates to be part of your business (like Jethro, etc.), taking on the crime syndicates by attacking their operations (like loco syndicates' drug courier missions, and gradually cutting their source of income and rising power), dealing in different types of crimes that test your abilities, from objectives that require flying, swimming, hand to hand combat, stealth, espionage, illegal races, and loads of other awesome objectives accomplished by CJ in SA are aspects made to feel like a criminal.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:16 AM

GTA V, doing heists, participating in an illegal street race, robbing armored truck and stores, smuggling weapons, doing gangsta war

Ondr4H
  • Ondr4H

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:03 AM

Playing gta online and buying flying cars with sharkcards.

Because that is like killing gangster series based mostly on single player beloved by many fans, and ripping their hearts in process.
  • Algonquin Assassin, ToyGT_one, Jeansowaty and 2 others like this

Crimie
  • Crimie

Three Bit Gangster

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

GTA III - double crossed in a heist, escape the prison bus with 8Ball, laying low in Hepburn Heights/Red Light District, getting your foot in the door with the mob, Joe Pantoliano, Michael Madsen, Frank Vincent, the gangs, the spank, "The Getaway", "Bomb Da Base".........great underground feel on the streets and the radio

• Algonquin Assassin, Yinepi and TommyPayne123 like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

VCS, since you run an empire composed of drug running, protection rackets, prostitution, and other illegal activities.
  • eCola and SeroH like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Hic sunt dracones

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

Vice City really nailed the criminal aspect with Tommy going from rags to riches, where he ends up pretty much owning the entire city as a criminal boss. Another easy one would be Liberty City Stories with the whole mafia aspect of the game.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Probably GTA IV

The gritty feel of Liberty City just added to that.

Being chased through the streets was a thrill, as well on the highest police chases. I still think the Heist mission Three Leaf Clover is one of the best ones they've ever done. Might not be as long as the GTA V ones, but it was a thrill ride.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:48 AM

TLaD

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Without a shadow of a doubt, GTA VCS.

• Femme Fatale likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

VCS, IV, and TLAD have the biggest emphasis on criminality IMO.
  • Algonquin Assassin, eCola and TommyPayne123 like this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

III is pretty much that. You even start out as a wanted felon right off the bat.
  • Algonquin Assassin, eCola, Yinepi and 1 other like this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

San Andreas and IV

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:29 AM

GTA 3 and 4.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Mr_Rager like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

GTA IV and TLaD, because crime is not beautiful. I'd love a GTA IV complete remastered.

• Algonquin Assassin and Darkshadows like this

Cryo The Hunter
  • Cryo The Hunter

Helisexual

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:00 PM

San Andreas and TLAD.

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:02 AM

It really depends, since each game focuses on different kinds of crime.

When it comes to the drug dealing aspect of crime and having an empire over the city, I'd say VCS

When it comes to the more gritty aspects, like assassination and kidnapping and armed robbery, I'd say IV

Chinatown Wars is worth mentioning too, running around the city selling and buying all kinds of drugs while staying on your toes for police ambushes and always keeping an eye on the day and time for deadlines and new deals, all in between the actual missions itself, which puts you in the middle of an in gang conflict with the Triads.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

GTA VCS & IV for me

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, dog, cat, wolf, fox, and dragon lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:41 PM

GTA 4, TLAD, and TBoGT, with San Andreas and Vice City being a close second and third.

BoulderFaceplant
  • BoulderFaceplant

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

Claude and Tommy are close, but I'm giving the edge to Tommy because the amount of power he gains is obscene.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

LCS because you're always doing menial errands.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:47 PM Edited by Yinepi, 18 December 2017 - 07:29 PM.

I can't help but to feel GTAIII did criminality the best. From the beginning of the game Claude is betrayed and left for dead in a city completely unknown to him. Giving insight into how the criminal underworld you were about to embark into operates. After that Claude is seen using a prison convoy ambush and terrorist attack toward his advantage, subetly indicating to us that quick thinking is pivitol to success in GTAIII. Then after escaping incarceration and playing Mr. Pimp for a brief moment, you're put out into the streets of a city where it's biggest asset is the fact that it has none. If you wanted to acquire a fancy new sports car or a high end M4 rifle? You had to search for it. There wasn't an actual map (radar doesn't count) so you, the player, were forced to scout the city on your own and try to find the quickest routes.

Unlike the succeeding games, in GTAIII's world there were no distractions from being a criminal. The game play itself really focused down on that. More than GTAIV I'd say.

You couldn't hang out with friends and play pool.

You couldn't go base jumping.

There was no deep sea diving.

You couldn't buy new clothes.

In GTAIII's grim grey city, all you had to do was not follow that proverbial train, but rather steal it and use it toward your advantage.

• Algonquin Assassin, 🕊, Steezy. and 1 other like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

GTA SA-while the story goes all over the place in SF and LV,during the LS parts it really feels like CJ is a street gang member,recruiting your homies, driving around in a lowrider, doing drive by on rival gangs, having gang wars to take over rival gang's turfs...

GTA VCS-the empire building really feels like being a 1980s Miami drug lord

GTA TLAD-R* did quite a good job of making a game where you play as an outlaw biker (along with Road Rash,it's the best biker game IMO),from riding in formation with your club brothers, to stealing bikes for Angus, to shootouts with AOD

GTA 3 and 4-both games did a good job of showing how Claude and Niko went from small time thugs to the most notorious hired hitmen in the city (VC also did similar,except that Tommy was a gangster instead of a hitman)

Craig
  • Craig

Shoeless Thorns

• Marshall-Islands
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

I think I felt more like a criminal playing IV for the first time. As Niko, I'd literally been thrown off a boat and after a brief (but gutting) realisation that my streets weren't paved with gold, I was left sleeping on a broken sofa bed and fending for myself in a country that already hates me. I had almost no money, and earned so little at first I wondered why the hell I was even bothering. I wound up mugging people in the street just for pocket change.

This changed somewhat in V when I first gained control of Trevor, who seemed to be a criminal just for the sheer love of it. It didn't feel right if I wasn't committing some sort of mis-deed in some fashion.

• Algonquin Assassin and Yinepi like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 4 weeks ago.

I can't help but to feel GTAIII did criminality the best. From the beginning of the game Claude is betrayed and left for dead in a city completely unknown to him. Giving insight into how the criminal underworld you were about to embark into operates. After that Claude is seen using a prison convoy ambush and terrorist attack toward his advantage, subetly indicating to us that quick thinking is pivitol to success in GTAIII. Then after escaping incarceration and playing Mr. Pimp for a brief moment, you're put out into the streets of a city where it's biggest asset is the fact that it has none. If you wanted to acquire a fancy new sports car or a high end M4 rifle? You had to search for it. There wasn't an actual map (radar doesn't count) so you, the player, were forced to scout the city on your own and try to find the quickest routes.

Unlike the succeeding games, in GTAIII's world there were no distractions from being a criminal. The game play itself really focused down on that. More than GTAIV I'd say.

You couldn't hang out with friends and play pool.

You couldn't go base jumping.

There was no deep sea diving.

You couldn't buy new clothes.

In GTAIII's grim grey city, all you had to do was not follow that proverbial train, but rather steal it and use it toward your advantage.

This is a great point. Playing GTA III for the first time was something truly unique. The fact as someone else said above you were a wanted felon from the get go made it feel even more powerful.

Even though in GTA IV we arrive in the city as an illegal immigrant we still had somewhere to go in the form of Roman and it didn't take long to start feeling more comfortable slowing making friends and whatnot. In GTA III it basically makes you feel like a fugitive on the run.

• Yinepi likes this

Crossbones
  • Crossbones

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Obviously its GTA IV for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users