Freezing During Loading Screen

1 reply to this topic
straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

basically, gta 4 freezes during the loading screen. not the infinite loading bug, but when it transitions to another character image, usually on the third time it does it it'll freeze in the middle of the transition. 

any sort of help on how to fix this would be appreciated

TheFameIsAim
  • TheFameIsAim

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Heyo,

I just had the same issue, and tried a few things.

Here is how I fixed it:

I created a commandline.txt and put all my desired settings in it. I noticed, that the loading bug always happens, when you use more VRAM than you should.

In the first menu that comes up after the initial R* logos, you can change your Options and also change your graphics settings. At first I had "-availablevidmem 1" in my commandline.txt, so in the graphics settings it showed up as "Resource Usage: 1072 / 1 MB" in a red color... and the loading screen froze.

So I changed it to "-availablevidmem 2000" in my commandline.txt, and now it says "Resource Usage: 1072 / 2000 MB" in a green color... And now the loading doesn't freeze anymore and I can play!

So basically check this: 

http://gtaforums.com...entry1058959070

Create the commandline.txt and put -availablevidmem 1500 or so in it. My Graphics Card has ~4000 MB VRAM, so I don't have to worry about it, but I wouldn't set the value to something higher than what your Card is capable of.

Hope this helps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users