Stromberg Discussion Thread

302 replies to this topic
Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

So you can't be locked on when under water in this thing?

• Nossirag likes this

meat_popsicle
  • meat_popsicle

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

it's the only decent looking car that can take 3 RPG's without blowing up.

Duke O' Death wants a word.

I'll agree it's the only good looking weaponized car that can survive multiple rockets.

• hei3enberg, 79'Blazer4x4, Touge Spirit Leader and 1 other like this

Touge Spirit Leader
  • Touge Spirit Leader

garage seventy-six

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

it's the only decent looking car that can take 3 RPG's without blowing up.

Duke O' Death wants a word.

I'll agree it's the only good looking weaponized car that can survive multiple rockets.

I'll concede that point. I'm a huge Mopar fan by the way so one of my 4 Duke's is a Duke Of Death but I wasn't thinking about it because of it's lack of weapons

• meat_popsicle likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

Bought this car last night.

It's not particularly fun using this in the water. I like turning the wheels back on and just floating there

doomsday_device
  • doomsday_device

chicken nugget

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

is the stromberg usable in missions?

Souldrinker
  • Souldrinker

Player Hater

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:35 PM Edited by Souldrinker, 31 December 2017 - 12:39 PM.

https://youtu.be/E8ftZbuFtIo

Only reason why I bought this thing :lol: Totally worth 2,4 millions.

• RDR1912 likes this

PiippuLaku
  • PiippuLaku

my name jeff

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Not a very good video, but the Deluxo seems to be powerless against an underwater Stromberg
  • Iroquois, hei3enberg, RoiRasmus and 3 others like this

Mogg
  • Mogg

Kupo!

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Norway
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

there's much to appreciate with this car!

doing stuff like pic related is one of them - loafing around underwater to wait out a bounty!

peS94cO.jpg

• hei3enberg and Aslad like this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Taking the long way home

• Members
  • France

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

Can someone show me how does it looks like when it has the stock rims from the Ardent please ?

doomsday_device
  • doomsday_device

chicken nugget

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

so no one can tell me?

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:56 PM

so no one can tell me?
Contact missions? Yes
Heists? Not sure but probably not

fryday
  • fryday

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

so no one can tell me?
Contact missions? Yes

ist just sad, why they didnt make the ardent (Lotus Esprit) this vehicle. i dont get the logic behind this

• 79'Blazer4x4 and Zach Fett like this

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

so no one can tell me?
Contact missions? Yes

ist just sad, why they didnt make the ardent (Lotus Esprit) this vehicle. i dont get the logic behind this

I don't think the Stromberg was planned until the last minute - I reckon that the backlash from the community over a non-submersible Ardent made R* reconsider. It seems to be to be a pretty rushed vehicle... no visual modifications, the animation between land and water looks cool but also has parts clipping through the body all over the place. 

But as R* rarely add a new aspect to a vehicle already in the game (Ardent), they just added an entirely new one (Stromberg).

That's my theory, anyway.

• BigBrother67, Commander S, 79'Blazer4x4 and 2 others like this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

This or Weaponized Tampa?

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:51 PM Edited by hei3enberg, 05 January 2018 - 06:58 PM.

Depends on what you want to achieve. Tampa with full research offers more firepower and more precise firepower with that dual remote controlled MGs, however, it will explode after 1 RPG and there are no missiles, just rockets without guiding. Stromberg, however, is another story. It will survive 6 homing rockets and equipped with missiles (30) and torpedoes (60 more) from the factory, no research is required. Stromberg's MGs are not controllable and less devastating than the ones on Tampa, but they can kill, it's nothing like Ardent/ Ruiner/ Oppressor or other stock peashooters. Stromberg's missiles are with a very good tracking similar to Oppressor/ Ruiner/ Vigilante.

If you're into PvP, Stromberg may offer some new scenarios like attacking air targets from under the water or hiding from the jets underwater. If you're into PvE, Tampa will offer more precision to kill enemies without exploding the objective. Both cars are fast on the ground, but handling differs: Tampa tend to oversteer, when Stromberg likes to understeer. Stromberg is the fastest ground vehicle in the game that can survive more than 3 rockets and unless it's competitors Nightshark/ Insurgent Pick-up custom offers more attacking capabilities available to the driver. On the ground, Tampa will lose to Stromberg as soon as it's locked on even if it's face on: rockets are fast and will do a lot of tricks to get the target. 

• Cutter De Blanc, The First Hunter, IamCourtney and 2 others like this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Depends on what you want to achieve. Tampa with full research offers more firepower and more precise firepower with that dual remote controlled MGs, however, it will explode after 1 RPG and there are no missiles, just rockets without guiding. Stromberg, however, is another story. It will survive 6 homing rockets and equipped with missiles (30) and torpedoes (60 more) from the factory, no research is required. Stromberg's MGs are not controllable and less devastating than the ones on Tampa, but they can kill, it's nothing like Ardent/ Ruiner/ Oppressor or other stock peashooters. Stromberg's missiles are with a very good tracking too similar to Oppressor/ Ruiner/ Vigilante.

If you're into PvP, Stromberg may offer some new scenarios like attacking air targets from under the water or hiding from the jets underwater. If you're into PvE, Tampa will offer more precision to kill enemies without exploding the objective. Both cars are fast on the ground, but handling differs: Tampa tend to oversteer, when Stromberg likes to understeer. Stromberg is the fastest ground vehicle in the game that can survive more than 3 rockets and unless it's competitors Nightshark/ Insurgent Pick-up custom offers more attacking capabilities available to the driver. On the ground, Tampa will lose to Stromberg as soon as it's locked on even if it's face on: rockets are fast and will do a lot of tricks to get the target. 
Tampa having no explosive resistance is annoying because even NPCs use explosives these days.
Also does it get 60 torpedos alone or 60 missiles total (Normal + torpedos) while in water?

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:14 PM

^ 60 more plus rockets. Torpedoes will lock on air targets even when you're underwater, just don't get to deep. Tampa also is faster than Kuruma in terms of max speed. It's a tough choice, actually. I have all of them and mostly for missions I prefer Oppressor or Jetpack because you can get around faster and if you're playing contact missions with randoms, expect travel distance equal to half of the map and launch from garage.

• alkaline_ and Nossirag like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:08 PM

I've owned it for a few days, I can say I don't like driving the Stromberg much at all. It feels like it sits too low when I drive it, and the wheels are way too small looking. Like I've got this big frame on top of skateboard wheels or something. The gimmick is okay, but it's literally the only vehicle with underwater weaponry, so the only thing that can reasonably fight it underwater is another Stromberg. I dunno, I just don't really like this car, even though I like the body on it.
  • hei3enberg likes this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

I've owned it for a few days, I can say I don't like driving the Stromberg much at all. It feels like it sits too low when I drive it, and the wheels are way too small looking. Like I've got this big frame on top of skateboard wheels or something. The gimmick is okay, but it's literally the only vehicle with underwater weaponry, so the only thing that can reasonably fight it underwater is another Stromberg. I dunno, I just don't really like this car, even though I like the body on it.

The guns aren't limited to underwater though!
This is basically a duke o death with 90 rockets total and buzzard machine guns that can swim.
  • hei3enberg, IamCourtney and Nossirag like this

taken250
  • taken250

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:57 AM

This is basically a duke o death with 90 rockets total and buzzard machine guns that can swim.

The caveat being it has a short lock on range.
  • hei3enberg and Nossirag like this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

The caveat being it has a short lock on range.
Only for the torpedos.
Missiles on land are the same as Deluxo's
  • Nossirag likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:06 AM

My Duke'O'Death is way funner to drive though, the wheels don't look weird on it either. I'm also not fond of the top being the primary color and the secondary being the bottom on any car, it's a boring basic color layout. Doesn't look like anyone even tried to work with it it in the pictures here, everyone using one solid color. Just a bunch of awkward design choices mar an otherwise cool car for me.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:30 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 10 January 2018 - 07:54 AM.

I did the best I could to make this car better looking

O3xHgkhJ1kWPBw0ul7CWlA_0_0.jpg

Also, you can NOT dock it at your Yacht, it actually floated really far away when I parked it there, too

I'm messing around with this thing right now, it doesn't seem to take crush depth damage if I bring the wheels back out, but then I can't move or continue to descend.

EDIT: It doesn't. I just went back into submersible mode and instantly died

• Voit Turyv, hei3enberg, Zach Fett and 1 other like this

Zach Fett
  • Zach Fett

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

Spoiler

What colors are you using there? Really digging it.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:29 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 11 January 2018 - 07:40 AM.

Black, with a light blue pearlescent, secondary is pure gold.

Black was the best color I could find to blend that wheel well. They should've either made the wheel well smaller or made the wheels bigger
  • Zach Fett and Nossirag like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

Black was the best color I could find to blend that wheel well. They should've either made the wheel well smaller or made the wheels bigger

Or stopped people using off-road wheels...

• Touge Spirit Leader likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:28 PM

I couldn't find wheels that looked less awkward than Raiders, and the Raiders are about a centimeter larger than the other tires. I wanted offroad tires so it could perform a little better on the beach, also.

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:40 AM

O3xHgkhJ1kWPBw0ul7CWlA_0_0.jpg

That reminds me of an idea I had for it: some kind of deep blue-gray (metallic slate blue?) primary, then possibly even chrome secondary, with matching chrome lead sled rims (because they're the most 'solid' rim type, with no mesh/spokes/etc.).

Probably wouldn't look great on land by regular car standards (I'd probably aim for something more traditionally LP400 for that purpose), but it might well make for an effective counter-shaded look underwater - think along the lines of blue sharks or tuna, that kind of thing.

• Cutter De Blanc and Foreverpast like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:02 PM

The Stromberg feels like what a Benny's Custom Retro Infernus would look like.

- It has a similar pep/feel, launch, & agility of the Infernus, however has rather superior handling & isn't prone to the crazy over-steer.

- Windows don't ever fully break, which is something that I personally love.

- The machine guns are actually decently powered, quite effective at mowing down hostile NPCs in missions & destroying vehicles.

- The missiles are nice-not amazing, but they get the job done.

- Actually has explosive resistance.

- Can be left in submersible mode out on water, then used as a platform for long range shooting with the Mk 2 Heavy Sniper, then going underwater if threatened.

- The 50/50 primary/secondary paint layout makes pretty much any color choice/combo look good on that body.

qeSfeIl3t0iXTGZzrewjsQ_0_0.jpgg6_hmM8a3EKaQsS7S7F3og_0_0.jpgtTyw8PyGrEmKFS1uRevL4A_0_0.jpg

YRt1FhcVYEuyuAeymwZ-oQ_0_0.jpg

• Hazzardtohimself, Cutter De Blanc, Touge Spirit Leader and 2 others like this

pooprope
  • pooprope

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 January 2018 - 03:44 AM Edited by pooprope, 13 January 2018 - 03:45 AM.

So I was chillin on the bottom of the water near the Chumash bunker thinking I was safe while I let my dog outside and I was sniped?
So I guess your not completely safe from people on land, I think he/she used thermal gogs and non explosive sniper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users