Akula Discussion Thread

991 replies to this topic
Commche
  • Commche

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

Holy sheet this thing gets even more sexy. Lord have mercy and don´t hide it behind some fking dripfeed.

Last time they posted images on twitter, the things in them weren't drip fed. So this is almost guaranteed to be here on Tuesday.

Also there's pictures of it in the heist room and with a 4 person capacity it will doubtlessly be involved in one of the setups, maybe even the finale.

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

I hope it has good solo cannons

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

From the artwork and twitter image, my guess is it has fixed Buzzard style guns and missiles for the pilot. Maybe not homing missiles, to offset the stealth features.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

One of the first things we learnt about this is that it has passenger-operated cannon.

wurm45
  • wurm45

the lazy worm

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

One of the first things we learnt about this is that it has passenger-operated cannon.

Passenger-operated turret. But it also got cannons in the gun bay, which might be operated by the pilot.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

There's one either side of the aircraft though and therefore the assumption from that post, is only the front nose cannon is controlled by the co-pilot. Fingers crossed anyway. 

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Oh that's the one mounted under the nose. You can see at its sides it has two other guns - these look like they could be used solo.

I guess the big question is if they're sh*tty guns, or explosive - or maybe somewhere inbetween, like the Rogue. Either way, those missiles look like a pilot can use them, and those will more than do for me.

In the original screenshot, didn't it only have one gun under the nose? Has two now. Pretty sure the missiles weren't on it either. Just trying to piece together what upgrades it'll have.

• TheLordMarvel, SHOKKERZ91, Fatsanchez and 1 other like this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

Thats why ima watch suckers buy b4 i do. If it less then stellar i wnt buy
  • MeisterJazz, mrgstrings and SHADOW OPS like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

Agreed.  I bought none of the new aircraft.  saved a ton of money.

• mrgstrings likes this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:36 PM

From the artwork and twitter image, my guess is it has fixed Buzzard style guns and missiles for the pilot. Maybe not homing missiles, to offset the stealth features.
what with all the chaff and flares it's not like homing missiles are any good these days (except the spammy ones)

TheLordMarvel
  • TheLordMarvel

This is MY yard.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

In the original screenshot, didn't it only have one gun under the nose? Has two now. Pretty sure the missiles weren't on it either. Just trying to piece together what upgrades it'll have.

Didn't have the missiles on the trailer either :) PUf39sb.jpg - Hmm..I was hoping all side weapons would retract when not in use, but it don't seem like the missiles can. :p Unless there's 2 versions of it? Stealth version which is just guns. Or the full version which has missiles? I don't know. :p

• Hazzardtohimself, _47_ and Happy Hunter like this

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

I'm hoping it gets barrage missiles.

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:51 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 09 December 2017 - 10:51 PM.

No reason really to buy this one if you are a solo player. Its 2 person sh*tstain. So it only has a use with 2 people who want to grief a lobby into submission.

https://twitter.com/...613008527052800

'The Akula - Transport for up to 4 and comes equipped with a passenger operated .50 cal turret, rear seat thermal and night vision cameras, and a stealth mode to operate off the grid.

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

'

To bad though, would have liked it as a solo chopper. 

• Snoopbr likes this

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:13 PM

The stealth alone, if it works in a reasonable way, is more than enough reason for me to get it as a mostly solo player.

TheLordMarvel
  • TheLordMarvel

This is MY yard.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:23 PM Edited by LordMarvel, 09 December 2017 - 11:27 PM.

Solo weapons or not, I'll still get it for sure, Unless it's super duper expensive. - Love flying nice helicopters on this game. So if this is anything like the Hunter, then it will be swell!! :)

• Happy Hunter likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

I would bet all that stuff on the side can be used solo. The guns could possibly be a bit weedy, hard to say - but the missiles could be nasty against people on foot.

It'll be a great f*ck you to anyone who turns on ghost - like, you get off the map way longer probably, without paying too.

• EVOLUT7ON, TheLordMarvel, Aussie_Hunter and 2 others like this

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

4 player capacity, night and thermal vision, loads of weapons, stealth capabilities... :O

I hope it doesn't out perform the Hunter too much. Who know, in a few weeks we might get an even more deadly gunship xD
  • Nossirag likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:57 PM Edited by CrysisAverted, 09 December 2017 - 11:58 PM.

I hope it can do the flips the Hunter wishes it was capable of at least

also what are the chances this thing drops 2 months after Tuesday?

• bulldog385, xXxKAMIKAZExXx and Nossirag like this

—TheSquid—
  • —TheSquid—

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

I'm all for a new helicopter, but something about this just seems ugly. The Hunter was locked behind three months of dripfeeding and now here we are with a helicopter that goes into stealth mode and (as far as I know) operates the same way as the Hunter. Perhaps it'll have less armor or something.
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx likes this

Flying Deluxo
  • Flying Deluxo

"Nasty"

• Members
  • England
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:51 AM

I'm all for a new helicopter, but something about this just seems ugly. The Hunter was locked behind three months of dripfeeding and now here we are with a helicopter that goes into stealth mode and (as far as I know) operates the same way as the Hunter. Perhaps it'll have less armor or something.

The RAH-66 has a great piece of history in aviation with its capabilities and futuristic looks, I seriously think you should look this one of a time helicopter up and understand the reasons on why rockstar sometimes adds these vehicles.  

• DarkStarrM60 and Fatsanchez like this

Snipe_McHeadshot
  • Snipe_McHeadshot

d(-_-)b

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

I could be way wrong but I think people are overestimating this. It's gonna have at least some drawbacks, big enough ones that people will inevitably complain about them. If I'm wrong I'll be happy, it's an instant buy for me unless the price is outrageous (over $5m - then I'd have to test it for sure) - I just expect a compliment to the Hunter, maybe a dirty little mistress, not an outright divorce and new hot blonde wife. 

• DarkStarrM60 likes this

—TheSquid—
  • —TheSquid—

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

The RAH-66 has a great piece of history in aviation with its capabilities and futuristic looks, I seriously think you should look this one of a time helicopter up and understand the reasons on why rockstar sometimes adds these vehicles.  

Oh I'm well aware of the source material. I'm just saying that R* are the type of people to take that source material, create something from it and exploit the potential buyers of that something. In other words, I fee like they're going to make the Hunter obsolete already. I don't know, but it's just a hunch. Look at how quickly the Osiris and Slamvan Custom were replaced.
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:55 AM

Stealth was cool on a rinky dink Ultralight

On a heavily armed attack chopper... not so much

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:09 AM

Most definitely. The last thing I need is to buy more sh*t thats not useful to me. If it does have lock-on cannons and buzzard miniguns, I'd be ok with that tbh

• SHADOW OPS likes this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:34 AM

Most definitely. The last thing I need is to buy more sh*t thats not useful to me. If it does have lock-on cannons and buzzard miniguns, I'd be ok with that tbh

There will be hundreds of posts Tuesday that say I bought X and it's worse than Z.

FU COCKSTAR

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:39 AM

There will be hundreds of posts Tuesday that say I bought X and it's worse than Z.

FU COCKSTAR

And that's why we'll wait before we buy. EXPECT DISAPPOINTMENT JUST IN CASE!!!

• SHADOW OPS likes this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:41 AM

FU COCKSTAR

And that's why we'll wait before we buy. EXPECT DISAPPOINTMENT JUST IN CASE!!!

I won't be disappointed. I still love my Oppressors lol.
  • MeisterJazz likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:48 AM

FU COCKSTAR

Can't wait for the inevitable "The car says it comes with bullet resistant glass but I just got shot and killed while driving it"

• SHADOW OPS and Nossirag like this

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:53 AM

it has side cannons tho... so if those are good i wnt trip aslong as its not slow

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:01 AM

FU COCKSTAR

Can't wait for the inevitable "The car says it comes with bullet resistant glass but I just got shot and killed while driving it"

Exactly. Bullet resistant and bullet proof are far apart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users