Akula Discussion Thread

746 replies to this topic
DarkStarrM60
  • DarkStarrM60

Ranger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

Pretty cool. this heli is a 4 seater so it be cool to take a few friends and do cargo with it. might be a buy for me IF its cheaper then the hunter. I wonder if it cant be locked on since its a stealth chopper. Still broke af tho, cant really assemble a decent crew to get cargo/heists done

Im fairly certain it seats 2.

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Good old Rockstar Logic: We will finally give players the Hunter attack copter 4 years later and a better helicopter 3 weeks after that....
  • Texturiser, LahTigre and Coninefan like this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

Well... better late than never right ? XD

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:18 AM

This chopper makes me want to change my gender from male to Apache Helicopter. :inlove:

• Texturiser, Happy Hunter and Asian_Apache like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:34 AM

I do not like how this helicopter looks

It's just way too sleek for my tastes

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:52 AM

This looks really cool, but wasn't the Hunter already part Comanche? I would have preferred a more unique design like an AH-1 Cobra, KA-52 or even a gunship variant of the Annihilator. Hopefully it doesn't overshadow the Hunter since as of now it looks more practical with its larger capacity.

Commche
  • Commche

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

Don't know why people are calling this a hunter killer knowing nothing but a few seconds of footage of it. The chief hunter advantages are its speed, altitude climb, and weapon systems. I haven't seen yet how this chopper does that better. We already have an attack helicopter that can seat 4 people and has a cannon and rockets, and I still think the Hunter is better overall (albeit part of that reason is because the savage can't be upgraded).
  • Texturiser, Happy Hunter and MaxBazooka01 like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

Pretty cool. this heli is a 4 seater so it be cool to take a few friends and do cargo with it. might be a buy for me IF its cheaper then the hunter. I wonder if it cant be locked on since its a stealth chopper. Still broke af tho, cant really assemble a decent crew to get cargo/heists done

Nope it indeed has 4 seats. You can see them if you pause the trailer at the right moment.

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

There also seem to be elements from the stealth Blackhawk from Operation Neptune Spear..
  • Nossirag likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

I cant wait to find out if this helicopter has off radar stealth. Meaning we cant see it on the map but see it visually. I would so freak out in excitment if this part comes true. Please be stealth!
  • Texturiser, Nossirag and Fatsanchez like this

Fatsanchez
  • Fatsanchez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:25 PM Edited by Fatsanchez, 09 December 2017 - 04:27 PM.

This looks really cool, but wasn't the Hunter already part Comanche? I would have preferred a more unique design like an AH-1 Cobra, KA-52 or even a gunship variant of the Annihilator. Hopefully it doesn't overshadow the Hunter since as of now it looks more practical with its larger capacity.

I think the only Comanche part of the Hunter is the tail.
Anyway the Hunter doesnt retract its landing gear or its weapons and look sexy as hell while doing it, so there's that also.

I hope that it doesnt overshadow the Hunter as well, but I sure hope that it can hold it's own and have its own advantages (like stealth or something).
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

Don't know why people are calling this a hunter killer knowing nothing but a few seconds of footage of it. The chief hunter advantages are its speed, altitude climb, and weapon systems. I haven't seen yet how this chopper does that better. We already have an attack helicopter that can seat 4 people and has a cannon and rockets, and I still think the Hunter is better overall (albeit part of that reason is because the savage can't be upgraded).

This is a stealth helicopter; it's a different thing to the Hunter. I'd be surprised if they didn't give it some stealth features - it's the main selling point of the helicopters it's based on.

If they do give it something like that, then it's fairly safe to say it won't be as armoured and well armed as the Hunter - unless they want it to be really overpowered lol. I don't think it'll be weak; just weaker.

Although, they could release it without stealth features. Then they'd have to do something to make it special, so it'd probably compete with the Hunter on standard heli things just like it (armour, weapons). I don't think that would be a great move to be honest, since you're losing what's meant to make it unique.

All that said, it's a new attack helicopter. Helicopters are helicopters. Helicopters unite.

• 79'Blazer4x4, AUScowboy, Nossirag and 2 others like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

It makes sense to use the stealth/OTR mechanic from the UL, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up. It makes sense, too much sense, therefore it may be subject to R* logic and or general laziness lack of effort. If it's a function that can be monetized, and it can as seen by the Ultralight, then there is at least a fair chance.
  • Texturiser and Happy Hunter like this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:39 PM Edited by Sentinel Driver, 09 December 2017 - 08:43 PM.

The Akula - Transport for up to 4 and comes equipped with a passenger operated .50 cal turret, rear seat thermal and night vision cameras, and a stealth mode to operate off the grid

and...

Teamwork: still essential. Crews can now play and complete Heist missions with 2-4 players. The Doomsday Heist is coming December 12th

YES!!!!!!!!

source

https://twitter.com/rockstargames

So looks like it won't replace the hunter as the alpha helicopter if its only weapon is a passenger operated 50 cal turret....

TheLordMarvel
  • TheLordMarvel

This is MY yard.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:49 PM Edited by LordMarvel, 09 December 2017 - 08:49 PM.

Stealth mode??? f*ck yessss

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:54 PM Edited by MeisterJazz, 09 December 2017 - 08:57 PM.

I like that it can carry for people but im skeptical n the stealth mode still. Not gonna lie though, this thing looks way more badass than the Hunter though.

the_potato
  • the_potato

• Members
  • Czech-Republic
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [PC]

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:00 PM Edited by the_potato, 09 December 2017 - 09:01 PM.

The Akula - Transport for up to 4 and comes equipped with a passenger operated .50 cal turret, rear seat thermal and night vision cameras, and a stealth mode to operate off the grid

and...

Teamwork: still essential. Crews can now play and complete Heist missions with 2-4 players. The Doomsday Heist is coming December 12th

YES!!!!!!!!

source

So looks like it won't replace the hunter as the alpha helicopter if its only weapon is a passenger operated 50 cal turret....

You can see it has rockets and another minigun right next to them.

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

• _47_, SHOKKERZ91 and Asian_Apache like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

and...

YES!!!!!!!!

source

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

Damn....4 f*cking mini guns? Mayme this thing will be solo playeble.

• _47_ and SHOKKERZ91 like this

Hazzardtohimself
  • Hazzardtohimself

Terrible driver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:02 PM Edited by Hazzardtohimself, 09 December 2017 - 09:03 PM.

I reckon stealth mode will only function when the underside payload bay is closed, meaning that only​ weapons potentially usable when stealthy are the nose turret and wing-payloads. 

In my head that would make sense if the wings held dumb missiles / rockets, but judging by the artwork / screenies that's not the case. 

• Texturiser, MeisterJazz and Asian_Apache like this

Commche
  • Commche

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

That definitely ups the ante. For a squad this could really be a tyrant in free roam, albeit, depending on how much you have to rely on all 4 people I think this could end up not being used as much. People love playing solo or at best using one other person.

Also curious as to how effective its off radar capability is. It's not a big deal if you can't use weapons while actively off radar, since you still get the element of surprise and benefit of first strike.

Either way, it's different, it's an attack chopper, and I'll probably be getting one.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

I'm very hyped for this. 

4ward
  • 4ward

Come close

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Buzzard killer?

Shabazz916
  • Shabazz916

The Man Hunter

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

Off the radar will be when you not moving

Buzzard killer?

I hope its not super slow.

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

and...

YES!!!!!!!!

source

2-4 players?

i hope the heists can be done with just 1 friend but are increadibly difficult.

like not having a gunner for this thing and only having machine guns etc.

DarkStarrM60
  • DarkStarrM60

Ranger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

Nope it indeed has 4 seats. You can see them if you pause the trailer at the right moment.
I was incorrect, my bad.

Commche
  • Commche

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

Also I hope this chopper doesn't have any blinking lights like other choppers. With a dark blue or matte black paint scheme it could blend in really well at night time.
  • Asian_Apache likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:39 PM

Well looks like this baby is going to be my crews main transport. 1 for a ceo org, 2 for a full biker club.
  • SHOKKERZ91 and Asian_Apache like this

_47_
  • _47_

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:41 PM

Stealth mode!!! Woohoo!! Thats what Im talking about! So exciting to see that twitter post.
  • SHOKKERZ91 likes this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

and...

YES!!!!!!!!

source

DQoaWO2W0AI6Lpa.jpg

Holy sheet this thing gets even more sexy. Lord have mercy and don´t hide it behind some fking dripfeed.

• _47_ and Happy Hunter like this

The Irish Hunter
  • The Irish Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

Holy sheet this thing gets even more sexy. Lord have mercy and don´t hide it behind some fking dripfeed.

Last time they posted images on twitter, the things in them weren't drip fed. So this is almost guaranteed to be here on Tuesday.

• eyman, _47_, Happy Hunter and 3 others like this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users