Imponte Deluxo appreciation thread

570 replies to this topic
Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Deactivate hover. It's really just about that easy to dodge missiles.

Missile dodging + Passive abuse = Angry tryhards

Turn slightly to the right, it that easy to dodge missiles with this.

Missile dodging + Passive abuse + Ridiculous tracking on missiles + 20k Insurance = Angry everyone who are constantly forced to deal with these flying pests.

Ahahah thank you guys, this is already the most annoying vehicle to deal with if you're not the driver :D

@secrecy: "turn slightly on the right", you mean deactivating hover while turning on the right or just turn right as you would do with a Hydra?

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

Missile dodging + Passive abuse + Ridiculous tracking on missiles + 20k Insurance = Angry everyone who are constantly forced to deal with these flying pests.

Ahahah thank you guys, this is already the most annoying vehicle to deal with if you're not the driver :D

@secrecy: "turn slightly on the right", you mean deactivating hover while turning on the right or just turn right as you would do with a Hydra?

Just turn right, don't need to circle or anything, a quick turn of what, 45 degrees will make the missile miss you, due to the size of the Deluxo, and at the same time its own missile are close to impossible to dodge.

Rockstar really hates helicopters.

• Cutter De Blanc, Bruce Khansey and MaxBazooka01 like this

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Just turn right, don't need to circle or anything, a quick turn of what, 45 degrees will make the missile miss you, due to the size of the Deluxo, and at the same time its own missile are close to impossible to dodge.

Rockstar really hates helicopters.

So a quick turn slightly before being hitted by the missile. Gosh I'll be unstoppable lol, thanks

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

This is the only vehicle I own two of. The gold one and the pink Trolluxo.

Well, I mean technically I own like 80 of these but those are the only two I drive

Zach Fett
  • Zach Fett

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Zach Fett, A week ago.

Anyone else been having issues getting this thing to go into hover/flight mode today? I have to press R1 a couple of times before it usually works, and sometimes it just won't at all. I've smashed into the ground a few times because I went out of flight mode to descend quickly, and then couldn't get it to go back to flight again.

And it's not my controller, I can press it very lightly and it'll go into hover if I just sit on the ground and wait for a bit after a failed attempt.

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I love destroying the Deluxo with my Hunter because it's turned into such a troll vehicle it's impossible to appreciate it anymore. 

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Anyone else been having issues getting this thing to go into hover/flight mode today? I have to press R1 a couple of times before it usually works, and sometimes it just won't at all. I've smashed into the ground a few times because I went out of flight mode to descend quickly, and then couldn't get it to go back to flight again.

And it's not my controller, I can press it very lightly and it'll go into hover if I just sit on the ground and wait for a bit after a failed attempt.

I've been having trouble leaving hover mode, I'll push X and the car will buck, and then I push X again and the wheels go back down. Really weird, just started happening yesterday.
  • Zach Fett likes this

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

My goodness was this worth every cent. I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner.

Econobrick
  • Econobrick

Chicken's good... I like chicken.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by Econobrick, A week ago.

Won't bother posting pictures of mine because it's stock visually.
I'm not crazy about over-priced gimmick cars in this game, but I like the Deluxo because in terms of accuracy to the real car visually, it's WAY above average for official GTA V standards.

I assume people have noticed that the tail lights are from an early 300ZX...

but the unusual thing about it that I like is that the default grille appears to be based on a late 80's Pontiac 6000, of all things... and it works.
Spoiler
  • CRAZY AL WARD likes this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

every time I bring it out it reminds me just how awesome this thing is
beautiful in every single way
perfect in every way
wish it was faster though but I guess it would cripple its careful hovering ability

• Mr.Smith187 and Winonas like this

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

Best Of All... It's An Albany

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Won't bother posting pictures of mine because it's stock visually.
I'm not crazy about over-priced gimmick cars in this game, but I like the Deluxo because in terms of accuracy to the real car visually, it's WAY above average for official GTA V standards.

I assume people have noticed that the tail lights are from an early 300ZX...

but the unusual thing about it that I like is that the default grille appears to be based on a late 80's Pontiac 6000, of all things... and it works.

Spoiler

I figured it was based on a Volkwagen Corrado, squished down to the proportions of a DMC-12, but looking at different years of the 6000, it certainly bears similarity to a mixture of the details found on that car, too. And would fit with the Imponte badge.

Spoiler

My main peeve with the Deluxo is the absence of louvers and the separated windows. I understand the lack of the window detailing, because that'd make breaking them/shooting out of the car odd-looking, but the louvers! The louveeeers!

And, I guess I'll take this time to say it, I love your designs, Econobrick. Some of my favorite cars have received your amazing touch, and I have almost always adored them. Keep up the good work!

• Econobrick and Nossirag like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 5 days ago

wit the speed glitch this car is absolutely perfect, every time I use it in missions at the end I always find myself "I f*cking love this car"

adam4landry
  • adam4landry

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 5 days ago

I just got the imponte deluxo myself all i got to say it is F***ing Aaaaaaaawwwwweeesome!!!!!! i am having a blast with it, my ceo missions got a lot more fun i fully supercharge it, customize it, and last but not least i weaponize it this car is extremely fun to use but the hover mode i need a little more practice controlling it other than that Awesome car.

autofanatic
  • autofanatic

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

This car is so f*cking amazing for me to do missions with much more fun!

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 4 days ago.

I love destroying the Deluxo with my Hunter because it's turned into such a troll vehicle it's impossible to appreciate it anymore. 

Combine it with the underworld glitch, and it's officially the most hated troll vehicle of all time.

I really like the Deluxo -- great looks and amazing sound, but it had to be ruined with the stupid ass rockets, and now it has a bad reputation.

f*ck you Rockstar for exploiting a car from a popular movie franchise to increase shark card sales by weaponizing and turning it into a troll/meme vehicle. Disgusting.

• Cutter De Blanc, 79'Blazer4x4 and autofanatic like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 days ago Edited by delorianlazarus, 4 days ago.

Can you, or anyone else here say a bit more about that ?
Is it console related ?

On PC I barely see anyone flying/driving a Deluxo, and when someone does he gets blown up in no time...
(I guess that's because of the blip, it is attracting trouble faster than a Mexican dude in a NRA meeting.....but that still doesn't explain why)

So what is the trolling problem with this car ? It is nowhere as dangerous as the ugly flying bike, and it even looks great !
  • hei3enberg likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

There is no insurance on PC like it should be so of course any degenerate flying this thing will be destroyed ASAP. It's annoying because on consoles you're paying for self defense.

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 days ago

There is no insurance on PC like it should be so of course any degenerate flying this thing will be destroyed ASAP. It's annoying because on consoles you're paying for self defense.

I get it then.

I feel sorry for you guys, such a lovable car being turned into a troll machine in people's mind... I feel you.
  • 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Unlocked the trade price, waiting for a sale.

I'm a tight ass.
  • Malcot, Shaytan and autofanatic like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 days ago

One of the few vehicles in the game that's worth the inflated price tag

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 days ago Edited by CrysisAverted, 4 days ago.

Faster than a speeding bullet!

NNPIVCf.gif

not sped up in any way btw

Can leap entire worlds in a single bound

Is rumored to be able to travel through time

Deluxo truly is the most super car

lUP8itA.gif

• Hazzardtohimself, Arrows to Athens, autofanatic and 3 others like this

autofanatic
  • autofanatic

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Unlocked the trade price, waiting for a sale.

I'm a tight ass.

I am also waiting for a sale.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 days ago

Can you, or anyone else here say a bit more about that ?
Is it console related ?

On PC I barely see anyone flying/driving a Deluxo, and when someone does he gets blown up in no time...
(I guess that's because of the blip, it is attracting trouble faster than a Mexican dude in a NRA meeting.....but that still doesn't explain why)

So what is the trolling problem with this car ? It is nowhere as dangerous as the ugly flying bike, and it even looks great !

There are Deluxos absolutely everywhere here on PS4. Half of them are using the underworld glitch.

• Nossirag likes this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 days ago

As far as I'm concerned, this is currently the only car in game where neon underglow is acceptable.

• Econobrick, J-Scott-D, Nossirag and 1 other like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Avenger Disassemble!

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 3 days ago

I like the Deluxo.

I dislike that every session has at least one just flying around killing everything, often at massive speed in reverse and usually with one grubby little finger hovering over passive mode.

But then r* gave us Akula and that makes it fun again, if expensive.

• hei3enberg and Nossirag like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 days ago

Does anybody love the Deluxo just for being a superb mash-up of 80s sports cars, and enjoy driving it as much as flying? I feel as if I'm in a minority here. No missiles or guns shall sully my masterpiece.

• Cutter De Blanc, hei3enberg and Gridl0k like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

When I purchased it couple of weeks back, I was kind of unsure why. But money was not the matter so why not? I even created a post in this very topic asking people why they dig this vehicle and got couple of answers, but still was unimpressed. Anyway, now this thing grew on me. It's not the fastest if you fly it all the time, but if you drive it on the road and just fly here and there, that's quite nice. Not like anything else in the game, classics after all. If you have doubts about this thing but have cash, go for it.

pizzathief
  • pizzathief

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted A day ago

My favorite car so far in this game. I use it all the time. Funny thing though, a lot of other players in jets are constantly shooting me down lol. Oh well, I'm having a blast. Now if only I could get a taxi livery.  :D

m-viev11tkeRDR5W3WWm7g_0_0.jpg

Does anybody love the Deluxo just for being a superb mash-up of 80s sports cars, and enjoy driving it as much as flying? I feel as if I'm in a minority here. No missiles or guns shall sully my masterpiece.

I do the same, no guns or missles, just driving and flying the heck out of it. Pure 80's nostalgia enjoyment for me.

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted A day ago

You can kinda pull off the Men in Black tunel scene

6FjSksx.png

oeqNNpu.png
  • Hazzardtohimself, Nossirag, Aslad and 1 other like this

DoxerWhite
  • DoxerWhite

Grand Teddy Bear

• Members
  • France

Posted 23 hours ago

Forgot where i parked my Deluxo when suddently ...

1zDul4jeVkaevOCbB_QS4A_0_0.jpg

• Aslad and 1bbaxter like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users