Avenger Appreciation and Discussion Thread

508 replies to this topic
RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:15 AM

Being able to swap seats in the back without getting up was a mistake in this vehicle.

I had two players utterly dominate an entire Lobby with one of these last night.

Destroying everything in sight as soon as it appeared. They must have destroyed millions worth of Import/Export cars, Business Product and Air Drops.

Avenger gets shot down and they just go Passive and spawn a new one.
  • Cutter De Blanc and Silencer555 like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:23 PM

Being able to swap seats in the back without getting up was a mistake in this vehicle.

I had two players utterly dominate an entire Lobby with one of these last night.

Destroying everything in sight as soon as it appeared. They must have destroyed millions worth of Import/Export cars, Business Product and Air Drops.

Just going after cargo, and going passive when shot down - you could do that even in a humble Buzzard. Sh*t, an Annihilator would probably do the job.

Public sessions just aren't a place for cargo work. 

• Nossirag likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:25 PM Edited by RyuNova, 08 January 2018 - 07:25 PM.

At least nailing someone with missiles from a Buzzard takes some skill seeing as you cant lock-on to Business vehicles but with the avenger its basically fly near them, click and win with two people.

And what can they do? You can slam this thing at full speed into a wall and it will laugh, unless you have back up like a Hunter you might as well switch sessions as soon as an Avenger sees you.

• Silencer555 likes this

Duckdude001
  • Duckdude001

Gearhead since i was born.

• Members
  • Canada
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 08 January 2018 - 08:17 PM Edited by Duckdude001, 08 January 2018 - 08:18 PM.

Anyone used this beast in public free roam with a gunner on each turret? Must be a real difficult foe to take out.
  • Silencer555 and Happy Hunter like this

Scruffyauto9
  • Scruffyauto9

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:47 PM Edited by Scruffyauto9, 08 January 2018 - 11:48 PM.

I took out an avenger about a week ago with my humble Nokota.. if theres two people, (one gunner and one pilot), and the gunner is pretty sh*tty with the cannons, its not too hard to bob and weave while spamming missiles..

Edit: having said that, I love mine.

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:54 PM

I took out a small crew in an Avenger with my Akula. Thankfully they weren't the highest of levels though. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people use it to greif more. It can be pretty unstoppable if you know what you're doing. 

• Silencer555 and Happy Hunter like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:28 PM

2IkDhl1.jpg

a1DxUGh.jpg?1

• Gridl0k, Criminal-Fox, Foxwolfe and 3 others like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Hunting Deluxos since 2018

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

I took out a small crew in an Avenger with my Akula. Thankfully they weren't the highest of levels though. I'm surprised I haven't seen more people use it to greif more. It can be pretty unstoppable if you know what you're doing. 

You're lucky then, I see at least one everyday. Luckily my new Chernobog is quite good at taking them out.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:48 AM

I find that from over 1000ft (which is typically where I fly it when I want to set it somewhere for some spawnkilling - just out of homing launcher range) it seems to be a bit hit and miss with people on foot, but much more reliable against vehicles.

Now this is what I'm talking about.

The first kill - I had to shoot him for ages before one of the shots finally did something. After that, they were killing him much faster, and you could see the blasts from them. Very strange.

Maybe the ground somehow isn't loading in and they're going through or something?

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Can you upgrade the pegasus insurgent and the pegasus technical into their custom variants with the vehicle custom shop?

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:24 PM

Can you upgrade the pegasus insurgent and the pegasus technical into their custom variants with the vehicle custom shop?

Yes, it even says it when you enter IPUC

They should've limited the switch gun function to act II finale
  • MaxBazooka01 likes this

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:26 PM Edited by Aslad, 11 January 2018 - 04:26 PM.

Had a full Avenger crew destroy one of my vehicles during a source mission. I got my Akula and spammed tf out of them. These were pretty high level guys, but with the stealth of the Akula as well as its agility, I was easily able to knock out the Avenger's engines several times without dying.

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

Yes, it even says it when you enter IPUC

Merci.

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

Would be so cool if someone did a Rockstar Editor, showing their Avenger getting shot by a jet and as it falls, they go to the back and jump out in their APC. 

• symphonight and Happy Hunter like this

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:35 AM

Exploded a guy so hard he landed on top of me

HSiREuc.gif

• ballen205, Gridl0k, Smooth Longsack and 2 others like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

I only bought this beast when i found out that you can transport the savestra and the viseris inside

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:11 AM

Does anyone know if there's a way to stop that thing where the blast radius disappears? Other than flying lower?

I like to stay just out of homing launcher range when I use the cannons, and sometimes I'll have the blast, other times it feels like it's going through the ground or something (or at least, I have to hit them dead-on - it's like there's no blast from it).

• Nossirag likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

I have noticed that the Avenger is the only aircraft that the Hydra and Lazer Trolls flee at the mere sight of.

I had one of each in a Lobby the other day just being dicks and destroying everything and everyone, a few guys formed up in a Crew and went after them in a Avenger. The moment the Avenger blip appeared they both fled from Downtown.The low level scrub in the stolen Lazer was obliterated while the Hydra was fleeing towards the desert and other prey. The Avenger caught up and three manned cannons soon made short work of him and he retreats into Passive Mode and heads towards his Facility and what was assumed to be his Orbital Cannon. 

A mass Kicking vote soon put and end to that. 

• Gridl0k, Silencer555, Foxwolfe and 2 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:22 AM

This thing is great for when someone uses an explosive sniper on my Buzzard (or even Hunter, if I'm not in the mood for it) - and I just wanna say, you know, I'm not going to be stopped by anything you do, I can just plough through all your weapons and snipers and cr*p all over you with my bombs.

Only to people that deserve it of course. Probably.

• Gridl0k, Silencer555 and Uncle-Elroy like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

Oh dear

This animal is nasty.
I just hovered above LSIA, wiped couple of times or crew of 5 or 6 dudes, and chased them above various spots in the city and above SS while using autopilot and turret swapping for constant bombing and air interdiction.

The sound of bullets fired from below hitting the fuselage with a faint Metalic sound was a bit worrying at first, but it seems the Avenger is strong enough.

I never got invited so many times to have sexual intercourse with family members tho, the price to pay I guess :D
  • Gridl0k, Smooth Longsack, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

I like when they think shooting at it is going to bring it down.

"Plink Plink"

The bird laughs at you. Use more ordinance, idiots
  • Happy Hunter likes this

RedwoodLynx
  • RedwoodLynx

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:48 PM

Hot DAAAAAAAAAMN!!

So I just picked this bad boy up, was tooling around an open session. Was just holding position above the highway that leads out of Los Santos to the east, when I spotted a Volatol guy stunting around. Impressively, he manage to land the thing right on the Maze Bank helipad. Idly I took a few pot shots at him, certain there was no way the shell would actually travel that far. BOOM "You killed player X." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So basically, what I learned is that, while inconsistent, the range on this thing is basically infinite; if you see someone, feel free to fire away- its possible the game will let your shell travel truly incredible distances.

PnhVEr0.png

• Cutter De Blanc, KimFowleyJr and AWACS-SkyEye like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:41 AM Edited by Gridl0k, 15 January 2018 - 10:42 AM.

^ Yeah I killed an Org on MBT from my Vespucci-based yacht (the far south position), it's a bit of a demon.

Also, shoots through solid objects same as other vehicles/guns.

LordLoff
  • LordLoff

MC Biker

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:00 PM Edited by LordLoff, 15 January 2018 - 12:01 PM.

Finally I bought mine and fully upgraded - First test was to have 5 stars, shoot alone many police chopers and still get away, winning a badge/tropy - Still one turret only but research is moving forward - This animal is terrible even solo, with a crew no one gets near it for sure

My favourite hobby will be hunting down bounties

DrSweatySphincter
  • DrSweatySphincter

Scalped

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

On the occasion that I can get a full crew this thing leaves a beautiful trail of destruction. Sometime I cover the front with the front with my and think for a second I own a A-10 because of the tail.....:( 

• Happy Hunter likes this

TyrionV
  • TyrionV

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:54 PM

Ive not read the whole thread but folk mentioning this is like a flying tank?

I got hit once by a Deluxo rocket and exploded instantly! I didnt even try to dodge it thinking it could withstand a good few hits. What am I missing??

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:59 PM

I got hit once by a Deluxo rocket and exploded instantly! I didnt even try to dodge it thinking it could withstand a good few hits. What am I missing??

The explosive resistance seems bugged at the moment. It also seems to be less of an issue on PC, although still there. 

• TyrionV and Nossirag like this

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None
  • Most Missed 2016
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Unedited
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:41 PM Edited by CrysisAverted, 19 January 2018 - 11:45 PM.

No Guns, No Problem,
The skies are for the bold!

Y3La6cr.gif

See gif above
it even tanked sustained cannon fire from a Lazer and only lost its left rotor, still managed to fly it from the point seen in the gif to the helipads and land safely before leaving in my Deluxo that was packed in the back.
So it tanked an Akula rocket, an Akula body, and a good 2-3 seconds of Explosive Cannon fire and was still air worthy. But yeah it can be glitched and go down earlier.
  • Garland137, Gridl0k, psymin and 2 others like this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:26 AM

That's just an annoying glitch - its been happening to all sorts of aircraft. Bombushkas surviving 10 RPGs, Hunters suddenly going down to one missile, this going down to one bullet - just weird stuff all round. I really hope they patch that ASAP.

This thing is terrifying when it's not bugged though lol.

• Nossirag likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

I've been having success with only entering Avenger through the hold, as someone suggested. Not had a weak one since doing this.

• Suzuki Azure Vulpine, Happy Hunter and Nossirag like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users