Melanie Martinez Accused of Rape

11 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:17 AM Edited by Scaglietti, 05 December 2017 - 05:17 AM.

https://twitter.com/...817806216691713

I don't know what to believe. I only know of Melanie Martinez because of American Horror Story and the fact that my sister sometimes listens to her.

In my opinion, it's just fishy. I guess it doesn't help that I'm a "man" and saying this, and I don't want to be accused of being a misogynist, but it's just a difficult case. She could be lying. Or she could be telling the truth. There's no evidence, as with most rape cases. Which makes it even harder to judge. Rape stories should not be ignored but if we believed every rape story, practically all celebrities would be guilty.

I've have relatives in the family who have been raped so it's not like it's easy for me to say something is made up especially when I know about the horrors of being gaslighted.

I just don't know... All I know is that the instant backlash is extremely cringe-worthy.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

i dont even know who that is, but a lot of people get accused of rape lately

• 刀 likes this

Blaze
  • Blaze

Boss

• The Yardies
  • Lebanon
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:37 PM

"She never said no to what we chose to do together."

not saying no =/= saying yes

besides any adult putting on a f*cking baby persona probably isn't the sharpest tool in the shed

• Femme Fatale and Ivan1997GTA like this

xxi
  • xxi

talk sh*t with the prettiest lips

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:56 PM Edited by xxi, 06 December 2017 - 02:06 PM.

If it turns out to be true then the creepy bitch deserves everything she gets.
  • Femme Fatale likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

If she's guilty she deserves a harsh punishment but in our world the bankable people have all the privileges.

Blondie
  • Blondie

And when it lands will my eyes be closed or open?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:27 PM

I should add to the topic that another person which used to be a friend of Melanie has come forward and spoke out about Melanie, she said that something similar happened to her with Melanie. Melanie begged her over and over to sleep with her and after a while she finally gave in and said yes. What happened to these women is very sad. I only know Melanie because she's popular on Instagram and Tumblr. Certain artists are popular on websites like that because they have a certain aesthetic - for example, Troye Sivan and Lana Del Rey. All I know is that Melanie's career is over. Her fans are destroying her merchandise and CDs. I think they planned an album release for Melanie in 2018 but we all know it's going to flop. I think nobody wants to support an artist which raped her best friend.

• Scaglietti likes this

M*A*R*I*N*A
  • M*A*R*I*N*A

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:47 AM Edited by N R G, 09 December 2017 - 12:50 AM.

The fact that the accuser has put their image out on the line is saying a lot. I listened to a the accusers latest song and she's a great musician, someone I'd listen to to be honest. It could be a petty jealousy thing so I'm considering that. A lot of messed up stuff can happen behind closed doors, I'm not going to jump the gun and make a final judgement so quick because we probably will never know the truth unless there's solid evidence which in this case, there isn't. It's solely word against word.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:48 AM

After what Melanie said herself... I'm kinda convinced it's true now unfortunately.

However there is a lot more to her baby persona than it looks. Perhaps if people did research they would know that...

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

After what Melanie said herself... I'm kinda convinced it's true now unfortunately.

However there is a lot more to her baby persona than it looks. Perhaps if people did research they would know that...

Something that might provide insight.

Philip De Franco tends to be down the middle with his views and I find him useful.

• Scaglietti likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

I kind of think Melanie meant she never said no. If you read the actual story Timothy said no a multitude of times. Melanie also tweeted more about this clarifying that she feels it's a false accuamsation.

I'm strongly against people coming to conclusions about what happened and hating on her because you don't know if it's true.

"You rarely have proof for rape, that doesn't mean it didn't happen" is the response to what I just said but the equal response is the opposite. All I'm saying is I don't know. I'm not gonna bash the girl for being weird and act like it's a fact that she raped her friend. I'm just gonna look more into this and if I don't find anything remain skeptical.

I feel that it's uncanny how people have taken this, but that's the internet for you... forming strong opinions about people with little to nothing.
  • Cudwieser and M*A*R*I*N*A like this

Blondie
  • Blondie

And when it lands will my eyes be closed or open?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Blondie, 3 weeks ago.

Apparently Melanie Martinez is putting out fire with gasoline with a new song which she released not too long ago. The disstrack is called Piggyback where she is responding to the rape accusations in the chorus. At this point it looks like she is going to damage her career even more with this song.

You're lying your way to try to gain a piece of me
. When you could never come close cause I know my destiny. 
I worked hard for my sh*t. Put my love in this sh*t
. Now youre trying to kill my name for some fame
. What is this?
 Tried to help you do your sh*t
. Encouraged you to work on it
. Was a good friend and you used that to your advantage.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

So am I the only one who's noticed that they look like sisters? The resemblance is uncanny...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users