New Moderator

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic
HITMAN777
  • HITMAN777

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:28 PM

I am glad I am not the only one that sees something wrong here. A noob for a mod?? What are these forums coming too? Oh well there are many worthy candidates you should have picked like datalord

majestik
  • majestik

Boris the Bullet-Dodger

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:41 PM

you know he was picked? he is sane, mature, unbiased and experienced
1) this forums is insane. hence being here makes you loose sanity.
2) he doesnt care if you have been here for a year or for a day, because moderaing is moderating. hence, he is unbiased.
3) he's mature! :p
4) experienced.

i'm still not sure about 1) beacuse only insane people agree to moderate gtaforums....

tank should train a team of monkeys to be moderators so none of you fools complain...

one more thing boys and girls.. this is how real world works.
you boss quits/gets fired/gets a better job.
who will be your new boss? someone from the company? maybe. or maybe they will hire someone new?
so see there is nothing wrong with being new and being in charge.

...you'll just all have to live by his rules!

After_Math
  • After_Math

Repetitive Account

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:05 PM

Well, welcome aboard, mate!  I just hope you have your head screwed to your shoulders tightly, because the drama flood gates have been opened :p   Good luck :D

ThUg AnGeL
  • ThUg AnGeL

--HOOD

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:06 PM

Quote (majestik @ Mar. 26 2003,21:41)
you know he was picked? he is sane, mature, unbiased and experienced
1) this forums is insane. hence being here makes you loose sanity.
2) he doesnt care if you have been here for a year or for a day, because moderaing is moderating. hence, he is unbiased.
3) he's mature! :p
4) experienced.

i'm still not sure about 1) beacuse only insane people agree to moderate gtaforums....

tank should train a team of monkeys to be moderators so none of you fools complain...

one more thing boys and girls.. this is how real world works.
you boss quits/gets fired/gets a better job.
who will be your new boss? someone from the company? maybe. or maybe they will hire someone new?
so see there is nothing wrong with being new and being in charge.

...you'll just all have to live by his rules!

Someone has the same viewpoints as me...really, you need to think about the job thing, you're going to have a 'n00b' boss sometime in your life, so deal with it...Good luck with the job onyx!

Grandal.
  • Grandal.

Insert witty title here

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:12 PM

Congrats on becoming a mod ONYX, you seem like a fairly intelligent person and i hope you do a great job.  I just wish you had a little better attitude and understood how some of the vets may be upset that a 4 day member is now a mod.  You can star as many people as you want m8 but remember, on the forums respect is everything.  I know you dont care about respect and whatnot but if you lost the "i dont want any friends" attitude, i think you could enjoy your time here alot more.

This is just my opinion and i know it doesnt mean anything to you.  One again, congrats and best of luck.

Uno Carb
  • Uno Carb

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:18 PM

Yeah ONYX, you still got time to chnage that attitude of yours. This is the internet, enjoy yourself.

central805
  • central805

I found Darkel.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:54 PM

Man, I guess the G! forums are getting a tad boring now?  :p

Haha, not that I care, I used to go there a lot until the board change.

I just find the migration EXTREMELY ironic...

-EDIT------------------
Wow, I'm dumb.  Didn't even say "welcome" like a proper gentleman...

Mario Vendetti
  • Mario Vendetti

sup

• Members

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:02 PM

Quote (-ONYX- @ Mar. 26 2003,16:24)
Quote (Datalord @ Mar. 26 2003,21:23)
but if you don't gain any respect or friends no-one will like to see some one moderate this community they don't even know

But since when is it their choice?

As much as I hate that.. it's the truth. You couldn't have put it any better. I'm not agreeing with anybody, but what the new mod just said is the honest to God truth.

Datalord
  • Datalord

Boss

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:05 PM

Quote (Mario Vendetti @ Mar. 26 2003,23:02)
Quote (-ONYX- @ Mar. 26 2003,16:24)
Quote (Datalord @ Mar. 26 2003,21:23)
but if you don't gain any respect or friends no-one will like to see some one moderate this community they don't even know

But since when is it their choice?

As much as I hate that.. it's the truth. You couldn't have put it any better. I'm not agreeing with anybody, but what the new mod just said is the honest to God truth.

well Onyx it'll be there choice when they goto a different forum unhappy the way things are going i have seen and heard a few members leave now because of you, so then whos choice is it when theres no members left

After_Math
  • After_Math

Repetitive Account

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:26 PM

I believe the words "hollow threat" come to mind now... :sarcasm:

gta3007
  • gta3007

RIP Rednecks. ex-head

• Members

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:36 PM

yep... cerbera is just *snickers*  Onyx turns out to be cerbera times 2. Keep looking, nothing to see here but another mistake. Illspirit- we all love and respect you, but the outsiders cause us trouble

one_careful_owner
  • one_careful_owner

creeping jesus

• The Precinct

Posted 26 March 2003 - 11:53 PM

i had a thought earlier that i thought might explain some of the hosilities towards Cerb and Onyx.

you talk about them being "respected members of the GTA community" and so should deserve respect here.  the problem there is, for most people on this forum, this forum is the "GTA community".

i can't be the only one who has never heard of/visited these other forums/sites that make up the "GTA community" so i can't be the only one who has never heard of Cerb or Onyx before.

therefore, until we get to know them, they are (for all intents and purposes) newbies and they shouldn't get our respect until they earn it.

for older and more respected members (from GTAForums.com) to be ordered around by someone they have no respect for will rankle them.  i'm not saying this is correct and, in an ideal world, these "outsider" mods would be given a fair chance, but we all know that isn't going to happen and Onyx will always be one bad decison away from becoming another Cerbera.

a shame but, if you really think about it, you'll realise it's the truth.

dizzy_gopher
  • dizzy_gopher

GONE.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:04 AM

I agree to 0% of this... I'll give him one, very closely watched month, and I will tell you the low down on this sh*t... becuse alot of newbs seem model, but then backstab you...

Watch out, now, this also might just be a lie... it's happened to me on other forum, a "TGF" a aproach -- he becomes a mod, then an admin, then closes down the site.

What could I do? Nothing.

Watch out, watch him closely...

And that rule he made... SUCKS! f*ck it, ima break it, noone likes it.

ThUg AnGeL
  • ThUg AnGeL

--HOOD

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:05 AM

To be honest, I see nothing wrong with Cerbera or ONYX.. and all this arguing will scare away new members so just shut up, the admins rule this place and us arguing with them will just loose members...like I said before, deal with it, sh*t happens

dizzy_gopher
  • dizzy_gopher

GONE.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:24 AM

Quote (Svinehood @ Mar. 26 2003,19:57)
...welcome new moderator...

Illy I hate to say it but chuck is once again right...out with the n00b in with the vet's.. Just wont learn will you's... Its a shame really because I used to like Being SMBL forum Mod... I cant say how dissapointed iam with gta staff.... Im asumming ONYX is another Friend Illy, just as cerb is... whats a bet onyx will leave after 2 months... I can already hear the war brewing... This time somones goin to get hurt and It wont be the members...

Yup, yup. This fool can't even get inot a gang, and yet he's a mod? Pft, f*ck that, just put him on the bench for a while, then whip out ol' Onyx (that name reminds me of pokemon... :/

A qoute by the new mod:
"I don't car about respect"

THIS ASS HOLE HAS NOT PLAYED GTAII!

You get it cramed into your head over and over... "Respect is Everything". This is gay.

We'll see how long this lasts; many vets will be arguing with you for months on end.

rottenass
  • rottenass

Rotten @ Night

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:26 AM

hes now busted :dontgetit:

central805
  • central805

I found Darkel.

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:29 AM

Quote (rottenass @ Mar. 26 2003,01:26)

And MmMs is a mod again...

Interesting turn of events.

All_Vice_City
  • All_Vice_City

Loonies Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:29 AM

Im confused? Maybe this is a joke, or another admin. disagreed with him being a mod, and banned him. But I think this was a joke.

EvilGTAplaya
  • EvilGTAplaya

icorey dot com

• Members

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:30 AM

Hmm...Illspirit says that a person who knows about GTA will not hurt the forums.  Since when is this GTA?  Last time I checked it was GTAForums.com.  What I don't get is how letting a respected veteran be a mod at these forums will hurt the community.

Edwards
  • Edwards

sysnode netadmin

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:31 AM

Quote (rottenass @ Mar. 26 2003,19:26)

In a word... woohoo!

Edwards puts on his MP3 of Ding Dong! The Witch is Dead!

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2003 - 12:37 AM

Topic closed. Go here for more info.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users