Photo

Coming Up To EndGame, Have Questions *spoilers*

5 replies to this topic
FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by FilthyLittleGod, A week ago.

Ok.

Coming into endgame here.

The game sure flies by once you finish most of the side stuff and start slamming through story missions!

I have just finished Meltdown and am Gearing up for the Big Score.

I chose Option B (obvious) as apparently I can make 41-ish million rather than 34-ish million per character that way,

Still have only done the first two assassination missions.

I own 6 or 7 properties.

Almost all strangers & freaks missions done (all I have left are one or two Dominator missions, For Sale sign destruction, nuclear waste pick up, and submarine parts finding).

Have probably about half of the random encounters to go.

Have never touched a sea race or a parachute mission.

This is all stuff I can finish AFTER passing main storyline, right?

So.,,

If I understand correctly, there is the Big Score, then the game ending, and then there are 3 more missions:

Something Sensible - Kill Trevor

The Time's Come - Kill Michael

The Third - Deathwish

How do these missions work?

I'm assuming I'll only get to choose one and I also know that which one I choose will affect certain stocks - Cluckin Bell, Gruppe Sachs, Merryweather, and Augury Insurance.

Which investment paired with what mission will give me the greatest monetary return?

What happens AFTER the mission I choose?

New game plus?

Should I finish up everything I need to do for 100 percent before doing this mission?

Or how does that work?

Is there any endgame stuff I should be aware of that I haven't mentioned here?

Thanks in advance!

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by ChiroVette, A week ago.

Hey i'm responding on my cell phone. So I didn't read your entire post. I will try to do so later when I get home. But I just want to say one thing as a suggestion for you in the meantime. Before Devon comes to Franklin's house in Vinewood hills, make sure you save right at that point. In other words, create one save right before Devon gives you his little ultimatum. The reason I suggest this is that you may not like the final version of your save with only two protagonists. So this way, you have a safety net, and you can always re-load the save with just two missions to play rather than having to go way back however far your last save is in your campaign if you have buyers remorse after finishing the game with only two protagonist left.

And if it turns out you do like to save better with Michael Dead, the only thing you really lose is one save slot.

FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by FilthyLittleGod, A week ago.

at approximately what point does Devin show up at Franklin's house?

AFTER the Big Score?

I save rather obsessively in a few new save slots, so I never have to redo much at all if it turns out I've missed something!

@chirovette

FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

@chirovette

Just did some more reading.

Gonna go for Deathwish (where you keep all 3 mains alive and kill all wh have wronged you).

Will that save before the Devin ultimatum allow me to also safely experience the other 2 versions (killing Michael / killing Trevor)?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

@chirovette

Gonna go for Deathwish (where you keep all 3 mains alive and kill all wh have wronged you).

Will that save before the Devin ultimatum allow me to also safely experience the other 2 versions (killing Michael / killing Trevor)?

it did for me i got ultimate savefile with everything done in it except the final mission choice and from that i created 3 more saves with each ending. since its pc version i can easily reuse those saves without being forced to replay story if i reinstall in next pc.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by ChiroVette, A week ago.

Jan, I believe that the consoles allow you to copy save files if, say your PS4 dies and you have to buy a new one. I know I was able to transfer saves from one PS3 to another PS3 easier, with GTA IV, because before the PS4/XBone came out, I was playing V on both my home and work PS3 and needed to use flash drives to transfer saves. Unless you are talking about not being able to re-use a save if going from one platform to another?

That said, yeah, I agree that doing everything you can before Devon gives you his ultimatum is the best way to go, so you can easily replay the three endings at your leisure, without having to use Mission Replay.

@chirovette

Yes, absolutely. Not only that, but you won't just be stuck with playing the alternate endings in the Mission Replay menu, which is only the execution mission.

One of the problems with the A and B endings, which I didn't know until I played them, is that they are both cropped ending and you miss out on one of the best missions, and one of the longest, missions in the game. There is a very intense, satisfying climax to the C ending, where everything leading up to that is resolved and all loose ends tied. If you want to play on your save with one of the protagonists dead, the game kind of punishes you for it.

You get a slew of angry, nasty texts, emails, and phone calls from people, and some of the side characters disown Franklin. Also, in case you weren't aware, the A and B endings are sort of sadder and I have heard people complain that the game feels "lonely" playing from one of those points. I know if you kill Michael, you get some really nasty emails and phone calls from his family. Oddly enough, if you contact Trevor to hang out with after that, he basically calls you a snake and yells at you because even though he had his issues with Michael, he rightly pointed out that Michael was very good to Franklin. You lose Lester either way, I believe, and even Michael doesn't really want anything to do with you if you kill Trevor. Even Lamar doesn't pick up the phone when you call him after killing one of them. I guess its because there is a huge strain in the relationship between Franklin and Lamar after Lamar Down. A tension that is nicely resolved in Third Way, the C ending. In Third Way, you bring Lamar back into Franklin's inner circle with a huge mission that basically salvages their friendship in a way that neither the A or B endings do.

Plus you lose ALL the assets, skills, money, property, and everything else you collected from a protagonist you choose to execute.

I am not sure why Rockstar did this, to be honest. They basically punish the player for making a choice that they gave them in the first place and I have read a lot of people in forums who had lamented choosing A or B and who had not saved before Devon comes to Franklin's house.

Basically, choosing A or B, Franklin is completely alone at the end of the story, and most of the major characters are either afraid of him, have no respect for him, or flat out hate him.

This is fine if that's the ending you want, but like I said, I have read a lot of people who had buyer's remorse after committing to either of those endings without a save point just before to replay it.

Edit: Here is a cool video I just saw called "15 Reasons For Picking GTA V Deathwish Mission:

• Galehaut and CGFforLife like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users