You know what would be cool?

17 replies to this topic
raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

If maybe ,since they'll ,guaranteed, continue GTA Online they could update the map from GTA V and merge it with the map from the Next GTA  like maybe they do Las Venturas or San Fierro they could make the GTA V map up to par with the new one and merge them until they could eventually make the entire USA and make like RICO the biggest threat for you or something like that, they could maybe even do a bit of Canada or Mexico, and this could make or pretty much the biggest f*cking game ever if they continue this throughout the franchise through different games, and obviously they need the biggest f*cking servers at least 5.000 players. I know this is far fetched but a concept is a concept, what do you think?

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

In my opinion i'd like to see them go with a different approach like taking the next installment of the franchise to Canada or even just go down south again & make a HD rendition of Vice City

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

Though it would be a great idea and I would be all for it.. but the thing that'll hinder that possibility is the amount of memory you would need to run a game that big. GTA V is a huge game itself with a 40GB initial download on xbone. I could only imagine that the next GTA is gonna be even bigger with one city alone.
  • jaljax likes this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Mastered Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:23 AM

No I don't another cartoony feeling with the Dumb theme San Andreas and 5 had.

I want a realistic feeling without the Dark theme 4 and 3 had. 

I really want a realistic feeling with the Neon theme Vice City and Las Venturas had.

• anthony likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

If maybe ,since they'll ,guaranteed, continue GTA Online

You know what would be even cooler? If they didn't continue GTA Online.
  • MARKUS., Tycek, Piggsy pls and 4 others like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

I'm all for merging the map of the next game with V's because let's be honest, it's a great map but those highways circling the island makes no sense, I'd rather have them lead us to San Fierro.

Not only this but in V it's repeated time and time again that we play the game in southern San Andreas, with northern San Andreas nowhere to be seem(which would include San fierro).

I hope they do that, because right now it feels that the map is incomplete, like it's lacking something else.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

If maybe ,since they'll ,guaranteed, continue GTA Online

You know what would be even cooler? If they didn't continue GTA Online.
Whichever parrallel universe that happens in, I wanna go there. :p
  • anthony, Femme Fatale and Yinepi like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'm all for merging the map of the next game with V's because let's be honest, it's a great map but those highways circling the island makes no sense, I'd rather have them lead us to San Fierro.

Not only this but in V it's repeated time and time again that we play the game in southern San Andreas, with northern San Andreas nowhere to be seem(which would include San fierro).

You have to imagine that those freeways arent actually just circles around an island and that the rest of the state of SA lies north of the map.

It's pretty egregious though when the game acts like the map is huge. In the mission I Fought the Law, Trevor complains that the racers have lead them around half the state; from Grapeseed to Paleto Bay. He also tells Michael that Sandy Shores is a few hours away from LS and the dialogue throughout the game does imply it to be remote and away from civilisation.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

That actually could come true. Rockstar may extend the current map with additional routes to new map(s), and one of the reason this may be a strong case is the fact that San Andreas is a state, and so it makes more sense to expand upon the current map.
This could also bring more features, missions, and content for the current map, as well.
It sounds so nice I would be happy to see SF and LV return and enjoy a giant state in HD Era with all the fun of the 3D Era masterpiece GTA SA.

The Senate
  • The Senate

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:02 AM

You have to imagine that those freeways arent actually just circles around an island and that the rest of the state of SA lies north of the map.

It's pretty egregious though when the game acts like the map is huge. In the mission I Fought the Law, Trevor complains that the racers have lead them around half the state; from Grapeseed to Paleto Bay. He also tells Michael that Sandy Shores is a few hours away from LS and the dialogue throughout the game does imply it to be remote and away from civilisation.

So driving between LS and Sandy Shores actually takes more miles than it looks like in game? It always bothered me when they would say that sandy shores is far from civilization when to us its only a few miles from LS. Its like real life LA being miles from the Salton Sea(aka Alamo Sea). But then at the same time it doesn't make sense. In the mission Mr.Phillips when Trevor drives from sandy shores to grapeseed,he says it only took 5 minutes.

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:56 AM

So driving between LS and Sandy Shores actually takes more miles than it looks like in game? It always bothered me when they would say that sandy shores is far from civilization when to us its only a few miles from LS. Its like real life LA being miles from the Salton Sea(aka Alamo Sea). But then at the same time it doesn't make sense. In the mission Mr.Phillips when Trevor drives from sandy shores to grapeseed,he says it only took 5 minutes.

Basically, yes. It's meant to be a few hours driving. In Pack Man, Trevor says it'll be about a 4 hour drive from LS to the drop-off near Paleto Bay. And Michael and Trevor apprently wait for hours for Lester's bus to reach Paleto Bay as well.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:48 AM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 11 December 2017 - 08:49 AM.

San Fierro? I can't wait to see these homeless people on every street.

I'd love to see Las Venturas, but please - let's get over with V. We need something new. V has been ruined and it's over.

• anthony and Yinepi like this

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

This might have worked if they did the next GTA sooner but at this point it seems we wont see another one until the next consoles. Should they re-release GTA V for that too? I'm still waiting for them to put IV on PS4. 

IndogamersPro
  • IndogamersPro

Busta

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:38 AM

Vice City or maybe San Fierro?
Love to see both return in HD Universe.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:50 PM Edited by anthony, 15 December 2017 - 03:54 PM.

let's get over with V. We need something new. V has been ruined and it's over.

This. Couldn't agree more.
Las Venturas would be amazing, I'm thinking about the nightclub mini-games from the unfortunately cancelled This Is Vegas for example.

I'm actually off topic since I don't give a sh*t about the Online.

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 09:20 AM

I wouldn't want it to be merged. I give the GTA V map a lot of underserved flak but still it doesn't deserve to be with whatever GTA VI gives us. Still, if GTA Online wants to pretend it's it's own game and include GTA VI map, keep it seperate, and only accessible by loading it up by flying to it from an airport or ferry. That way the game can still render and play stably and not necessarily hinder players that don't have both games installed.

dyspoid
  • dyspoid

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:42 AM

I feel as though R* should have just inserted a whole bunch of nothing between LS and Sandy Shores. It could have just been bare, baron desert with a couple of decorative areas, but it could have worked. It wouldn't even have needed to be resource heavy - but would have really given us that sense of distance.
  • Yinepi likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Egypt

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:45 AM Edited by Yinepi, 21 December 2017 - 05:04 AM.

That time and distance thing is just mentioned for story telling. To us, the player, sandy shores is only about 2 minutes from LS but in the eyes of the characters it seems more like 2 hours.

Merging-I do admit the idea of having multiple maps in a game would be interesting. We have that already to an extent with Yankton and SA. If there were a way to make only one map load at a time and the player have to go to the airport or the dockyard to travel there it would add a sense of belief to the Island concept Rockstar seem to limit themselves to.

I really wish those GTA5 LC and RDR map mod weren't canceled. Still funny they went after those but not Vice Rage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users