Quantcast

» «
Photo

Your Opinions On Online Trophies Being Mixed In With Single Player Trophies?

10 replies to this topic
FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by FilthyLittleGod, 2 weeks ago.

Hey folks.

Just wondering how you all feel about the Online trophies (aside from the Heist and Director Mode ones) being mixed in with the Single Player ones?

Has that kept a lot of people from getting Platinum?

I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

Definitely somewhat annoyed as I am not sure yet how far into Online play I am going to venture.

I am THOROUGHLY enjoying Single Player so far and I am getting the impression if I wanted to I could probably blow through the whole rest of the main storyline and most side missions in a few extended play sessions (although I do not want to rush through).

And I am feeling pretty sure I won't want to stop playing after that; I have heard really good and crazy things about Online mode even though I personally haven't even finished the Online mode tutorial missions yet.

I do feel that it WOULD be nice to be able to 100 percent Single Player mode and get a Platinum for that, and then maybe get another Platinum for getting all the Online non heist / non Director Mode trophies.

Maybe they didn't want GTA5 to have more than one Platinum trophy?

Anyways, looking forward to reading your answers!

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

No disrespect, but I don't give a f*ck about these 'trophy' things......completely meaningless to me in general, especially in GTA's case. 

• Algonquin Assassin and FilthyLittleGod like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not much of a trophy/achievement hunter, but I've never been of this in games in general. Not just GTA V.  I don't have an issue with trophies and achievements, but if you want to get all of them you HAVE to play the online portion and that sucks for older games where online/multiplayer might not be as populated as when they were new making it difficult to get them.

• Official General and FilthyLittleGod like this

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

@Bully2Info

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't mind since I play a lot of GTA Online so i got my platinum easily. But it does suck for people that don't like to play online i guess.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not a achievement hunter, I just try my best to have a good time enjoying the game so I don't care much about it.

But I do agree that this game should have a story mode 100% completed platinum trophy, in fact I was quite surprised when I saw that wasn't the case with this game.

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I disabled achievement and trophy notifications as I consider them unnecessary distractions.

• Official General likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm an achievement hunter and I loathe multiplayer achievements. Besides needing a membership to play multiplayer to get them, most of the time I'm at the mercy of other players.

For example, GTAO has an achievement for winning a rally race which requires me and three other players, you and another player by yourselves won't work, you need four players. Nobody plays rally races, I'm lucky I got it at all.

Like what was said too, the servers don't stay on forever. I gotta get them as soon as possible before the multiplayer goes down or the community dies out.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm an achievement hunter and I loathe multiplayer achievements. Besides needing a membership to play multiplayer to get them, most of the time I'm at the mercy of other players.

For example, GTAO has an achievement for winning a rally race which requires me and three other players, you and another player by yourselves won't work, you need four players. Nobody plays rally races, I'm lucky I got it at all.

Like what was said too, the servers don't stay on forever. I gotta get them as soon as possible before the multiplayer goes down or the community dies out.

That's the sh*tty thing about online/multiplayer related trophies and achievements. You need co-operation from other players and given that most GTAO players are kids who rage quit when they don't get their way good luck with that.

• D9fred95 likes this

FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I've definitely got a fair amount of people on my friends list who are playing / have played GTA 5 online, so hopefully I'll be able to arrange crews if I decide to chase those trophies, but, out of curiosity, if I post in the GTA Online section looking for assistance, are people around here pretty good about offering assistance?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by StangOne50, A week ago.

Im not a trophy hunter but I do complete the games I play. It seems pretty much all games with an online mode are like this now.

Id rather not have to deal with online trophies but theres not much we can do about it. Some are not as bad as others.

I played last of us and it was awesome but then I had to play the online mode for the platinum and it totally sucked. Then I played uncharted and again was forced into online for the platinum. At first I hated it, then I met some friends and got into it, then naughty dog ruined it with their updates and I hated it again.

If it was not for the platinum in gta v I would have never touched online. We have a love hate relationship but after 4 years Im still here.

So idk you have to take the good with the bad I guess.

Gta is not hard to platinum it just takes time and it helps to have some boosting friends.

You can usually find players with similar interests in the lobby and players section.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I like the idea of trophies more than the actual implementation of them. In games I really love, and would be trying to do everything anyway, trophies/achievements are fun to unlock. Like some little cookie or something. But I never really collected them for a ton of games like a lot of people. Also, I mostly ignore the Online ones as I find them tiresome and most games I don't play online.

The only exception was/is Burnout Paradise, where I had a blast playing mostly online in Freeburn rooms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users