GTA IV XBOX 1 Backward Compatability

19 replies to this topic
FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I searched here and could not find anything, someone was telling me that GTA IV, TLAD and BoGT is backward compatible pm X-Box One, if so, can I just go out and buy the 360 versions and run off disc or will I have to buy them on the Microsoft Store. Also while talking about back-compatable games are the 3D era games backward compatable on Xbox one as well.

Many thanks for any help guys

Fozz

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 2 weeks ago.

http://www.rockstarg...able-on-Xbox-On

Physical game owners can just insert the Xbox 360 game disc into their Xbox One and download the game.

• FozzQuaker likes this

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by FozzQuaker, 2 weeks ago.

Cool...Thanks for the reply mate

So I just need a physical disc to play it?

I have not played for years and never got round to a full playthrough when I had it on the PS3 a few years back

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just put a disc in and it installs on to the hard drive. It plays great.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunately the 3D era games are only on PS4, not XB1. With GTA IV it's about 7GB to install. You may need an update also.

Shouldn't take that long.

• FozzQuaker likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

If anybody wants to play the 3D games in their best form I suggest getting an original X Box console.

• FozzQuaker likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

If anybody wants to play the 3D games in their best form I suggest getting an original X Box console.

Couldn't you just play them on 360? 

• FozzQuaker likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Couldn't you just play them on 360? 

The BC is really bad for them. VC loses about 10 frames per second.

• Tomasak and FozzQuaker like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ah. If that's the case then yeah an original Xbox might be better. I wish I still had mine. 

• FozzQuaker likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ah. If that's the case then yeah an original Xbox might be better. I wish I still had mine. 

You can get one off of Amazon for a good price. Just make sure to look at the ratings for the third party seller. I happened to find the GTA trilogy at a flee market and it was like experiencing those games all over again.

• Algonquin Assassin and FozzQuaker like this

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the replies guys.

I never rated the original xbox or 360, so may just have to pull my old ps2 out of my mothers loft :-D

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Got GTA IV w/TLAD and BOGT bow in a clearance sale for less than £10...

I am a happy bunny now 😁

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

i tried to play VC a while ago on 360 and it was choppy to say the least with stuttering on radio stations, if you look at the 360 list of games from XBOX that are playable GTA3 VC and San Andreas are listed but all suffer from slowdown mismatched cutscenes.

I think you would better off buying an original XBOX and playing the games as intended 

• FozzQuaker likes this

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Thanks ViceBoy69

Going to go an dig my old PS2 sometime, I never really liked the Original X-Box or 360, had one years ago and it broke within a year, problems with the laser and my wife once had one which ruined some of her games by scratching the discs, I always preferred Sonys product to Microsoft, but I uave getting a real good feel for X-Box One When I dig my ps2 out I will reinvest in III, VC, SA LC Stories and VC Stories. Many days of my mis-spent youth was taken up playing GTA, right from the first instalment when I was 15 and still takes up my time today at 35 😂

I downloaded the GTA Trilogy from PS Store on my wifes PS4 and it was not the best, so I guess it will be the same with the XBox as well
  • The American Army 1775 likes this

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

God I feel old when I see kids playing GTA today, how something from my mis-spent deliquent teenage is still wildly popular today.

A lot of the current generation wouldn't have even been a naughty thought in there parents minds when GTA first came out

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Unfortunately the 3D era games are only on PS4, not XB1. With GTA IV it's about 7GB to install. You may need an update also.

Wasn't the original GTA San Andreas on Xbox 360 but before they remastered it? Now with OG Xbox titles being Backwards Compatible here's hoping the III Trilogy gets the BC treatment! However, I remember Vice City being really buggy on the original Xbox back in the day.

FozzQuaker
  • FozzQuaker

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

It took about 20 minutes to install...Which was unusual as GTA V only took that to install and that was about 55-60gb. Dont mind though it is done. It came in at 7.4gb with EFLC at about 7gb

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also if you do decide to use and xbox or ps2 do your self a favour and find  an old crt tv to play it on, lcd, tv's dont play nicely with these consoles the picture is truly awful, i have a Samsung 21 inch crt connected to my ps2 and xbox, its stereo and does a lovely job

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just to chip in as well, playing the 3D era on PC would be the best choice these days if you can hook up your PC/Laptop to a TV, especially since in recent years modders have managed to fix all the broken things and restore all the post processing effects (even the Xbox stuff).
  • B Dawg, Tomasak and Darealbandicoot like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Also if you do decide to use and xbox or ps2 do your self a favour and find  an old crt tv to play it on, lcd, tv's dont play nicely with these consoles the picture is truly awful, i have a Samsung 21 inch crt connected to my ps2 and xbox, its stereo and does a lovely job

Just find yourself some good component cables. The X Box is hard because those two dollar ones are garbage. You have to find the Microsoft brand ones which can be expensive. Luckily I still have mine from 2004. For the PS2 just buy some Sony brand PS3 cables. They work with the PS2 and the picture is great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users