Oh XBOX i love you

8 replies to this topic
ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just got my XBOX out of storage, my two sons where using my XBOX and PS2 anyway they have now moved on and are playing V (god help lol) 

So i got my old CRT tv out and connected the old XBOX via scart and i had forgotten hoe good GTA3 looks on XBOX, it makes PC and PS2 look very dated.

So i guess its a play through on the XBOX for me followed by ViceCity which looks really nice as well.

Anybody else still using an XBOX?

• Lioshenka likes this

Mr.Kurowski
  • Mr.Kurowski

Biggest Paul Kurowski fan.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I got an xbox 360 with the original xbox classic collection and they work great!!!!

Coops95
  • Coops95

Camhack Video Editor

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've never owned an Original Xbox but played it regularly in Virgin and HMV shops back then, there was Splinter Cell Chaos Theory demo and Halo and it looked pretty damn good at the time.

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gravarty, 2 weeks ago.

Yeah, neo did a really good job at remastering GTA III for XBOX.. GTA VC on other hand looks rushed and unfinished. 

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still play on PS2 which to me looks the same as the Xbox version, however the PC version is superior to all due to the custom resolution. If you've never played on PC, play it because it will blow you out the water!

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I still play on PS2 which to me looks the same as the Xbox version

Go, see a doctor and get a glasses.

On-topic: I remember that I had GTA3 and Vice City when I bought my OG Xbox back in 2005/2006. The rain drops in both games was stunning, Rockstar Vienna did a very good job with GTA3, not so much with Vice City though.

• Gravarty likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

i agree if you think PS2 looks like XBOX you need glasses, XBOX version is far superior, its how the game should have looked, it doesnt even look that good on pc

• Gravarty likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by gts., 2 weeks ago.

I remember had the Xbox's GTA double pack back in 2007 or 2008, I can't remember. And of course, it was amazing. Real time vehicle reflections, rain particles on screen, skeletal models in GTA3 (instead of the "blocky" models from PS2), all those improvements was just crazy at the time at those two games were made. Anyway, I felt Vice City a little bit rushed/unfinished in the Xbox version but looked and still looking good.

• Inadequate likes this

eruul2012
  • eruul2012

Swag Person

• Members
  • Romania

Posted A week ago

I still play on PS2 which to me looks the same as the Xbox version, however the PC version is superior to all due to the custom resolution. If you've never played on PC, play it because it will blow you out the water!

Also, there's this mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users