• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:12 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 06 January 2018 - 03:15 PM.

In retrospect, this film is pretty bad. However, I was introduced to this film as a kid as it was laying around in VHS. It absolutely terrified me! Look at the death scenes still freaks me out. However, I do remember seeing it as an adult and remember how corny and bad it is. However, I can now appreciate it for what it is. 

The Police Academy series is also pretty terrible. I mean, they're great fun and I loved them as a kid. But as an adult, I couldn't defend them in any rational way other than that they're pretty goofy and it's nice to watch completely stupid films every now and then. 

• Algonquin Assassin, Lock n' Stock and Sauce béarnaise like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

Ah yeah.:p
  • Mister Pink and Neon_Dreaming like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

TELAH

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 07 January 2018 - 02:48 PM

Haha, I wrecked my parents heads as a kid trying to do Michael Winslow sounds effects! Thanks Michael! :p

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

Michael Winslow is in GTA San Andreas, he voiced a pedestrian but I like to think that he also did every sound effect for the game.

Plan 9 From Outer Space, an Ed Wood classic, featuring an unintelligible police inspector, among many other awkward moments. This was basically "The Room" of the 1950s.

• Lock n' Stock and Ivan1997GTA like this

willystylez
  • willystylez

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

Silent night deadly night scared me as a child.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:21 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 15 January 2018 - 12:21 AM.

I've had a fetish for these kind of films since this thread was started lol. So far I've watched The Room and Birdemic. Next will probably be Plan 9 From Outer Space and The Wickerman (2006).

• Mister Pink and Lock n' Stock like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:45 PM Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 20 January 2018 - 12:49 PM.

Commando. 'Nuff said. This movie has cheese and cornball fun plastered all over it. You get Arnold spouting classic one liners, killing hundreds of bad guys without breaking a sweat, and carrying a goddamn 200 kilogram tree log! Plus you have Vernon Wells playing one of the funniest and most over the top villain of the 1980's. Bennett is my absolute all time favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movie villain ever, he just chews screen presence all over with his laughable dialogue and Freddie Mercury-esque looks.

Lastly, the plot and premise is silly and absurd, and is often called the poor man's Rambo (I actually liked Commando better than Rambo II), but with Schwarzenegger's charisma and larger than life figure, and referential self-aware humor, Commando might not be a good movie by any standards, but it's so rewatchable and entertaining that solidifies it's cult status and defines itself as being it's so bad it's really good. I love it!

• Mister Pink, Hmmm nice bike, Lock n' Stock and 2 others like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

TELAH

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:46 AM

Any Steven Seagal film. This scene is f*cking boss...

• Lock n' Stock likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:57 AM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 16 February 2018 - 01:57 AM.

Grandma's Boy is a pretty sh*tty comedy, but it has its moments.

• Femme Fatale likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 17 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

While they are incredibly bad,those monster B movies (Asylum movies, SyFy original movies and similar stuff) are actually hilarious if you don't take them seriously.They are so bad they're ridiculous:

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

You peeps haven't seen nothing until you've seen the work of Neil Breen. Behold...

• Richard Power Colt likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

That's a pretty weird and disgusting idea big guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:03 AM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 23 February 2018 - 11:03 AM.

You peeps haven't seen nothing until you've seen the work of Neil Breen. Behold...

I gotta thank you for introducing me to Neil Breen. This dude is really something else.

RedLetterMedia did a pretty funny review of Double Down:

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:10 AM Edited by Lock N' Stock, 23 February 2018 - 01:45 PM.

RedLetterMedia did a pretty funny review of Double Down:

Ah RedLetterMedia, I remember they did a Cannon Films double once, one of the films being Death Wish 3 (1985). Now THAT's a true 'so-bad-it's-good" favourite of mine. Charlie Bronson murdering street punks in the Bronx, only watching it once can your life truly be complete.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:00 PM

Nicolas Cage is the definition of so bad, it's good these days, but Face/Off is the guiltiest of guilty pleasures you could think of. John Woo's action masterpiece is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Both John Travolta and Nicolas Cage chews and steals every single scene they're in and flawlessly played each other's characters so bloody well. It is certainly a guilty pleasure, but the action sequences and setpieces are genuinely well shot and choreographed, thanks to John Woo's excellent action direction. His work on Face/Off is at his best matching the kinetic, over the top action of A Better Tomorrow, The Killer, and Hard Boiled. Despite being really funny, the movie also has emotional moments invested within the characters as well. IMO, between Cage's trilogy of action movies in the 90's. Face/Off is his best work, both acting and overall enjoyment. Love both Con Air and The Rock, as greatly dumb as these movies were, Face/Off doubles that down with classic 90's cornball entertainment.

• Hmmm nice bike likes this

Darth Yokel
  • Darth Yokel

A Sith now, aparently.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:30 AM Edited by Darth Yokel, 02 March 2018 - 09:34 AM.

I can't believe that no one bothered to mention Samurai Cop. You have to see it to believe it!

You should also see the interview with the actor. But watch the movie first, for context.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:36 PM Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 02 March 2018 - 02:41 PM.

Nicolas Cage is the definition of so bad, it's good these days

Indeed he is, and that's why I still enjoy watching many of those movies just to see how cheesy they can get or how hammy his acting can be. I just recently watched "Rage" with my dad and I could barely keep a straight face, especially during these scenes.

USS Indianapolis is another movie with Cage that fits in the "so bad it's good" category. I unfortunately can't find my favorite Cage line on YouTube (sitting in a raft with a few other guys in the middle of the ocean and saying "Spaaaaaaaam" while holding a can of Spam), but it's on Netflix. Here's the trailer:
https://youtube.com/...h?v=ZDPE-NronKk
This movie is also home to probably some of the worst CGI I've seen in any modern film. Especially any scene involving sharks eating the guys.
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

Love on a Leash

It's about a talking dog who falls in love with a woman. Ralphthemoviemaker has a very funny video analysing it. It's linked below. Do yourself a favour and watch it.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:31 AM

Love on a Leash

It's about a talking dog who falls in love with a woman. Ralphthemoviemaker has a very funny video analysing it. It's linked below. Do yourself a favour and watch it.

Watching that video, I thought this was something that that guy just made up. The production value is actually no better than what he's got! How high was everybody that was involved in making this movie?

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:21 AM Edited by Lock N' Stock, 14 March 2018 - 03:22 AM.

The one common denominator is of course Hulk Hogan. Dude was a larger than life WWF superstar in the 80s/90s, but he couldn't act for sh*t which makes all of his movies cringe worthy, but cheesy and entertaining all the same.

All of those and you don't even mention Santa With Muscles?

I sat through this with my best friend. F*cking shocking to say the least.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Last year, this girl I met wanted me to watch "Christian Mingle" and let her know what I thought. I still wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic but I found out after I trashed the movie that she was actually really religious. Oops.

And yes, this is basically an hour and a half commercial for the dating website "Christian Mingle." Poor acting, cheesy "feel-good" romantic moments, lots of religious references. Basically what you'd expect for a feature-length ad by a dating website. I was also surprised that John O'Hurley (J. Peterman on Seinfeld) was in this as well.

In the meantime, I can't wait for the farmersonly.com movie!

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:59 PM Edited by Lock N' Stock, 27 March 2018 - 03:18 AM.

Watched this Godfrey Ho "epic" last night. It's literally two unrelated movies stitched together. If you always wanted to see a group of drug pushers and narcotics agents go to battle with each other, alongside undead vampire ghosts and a killer cyborg duking it out, this is your movie.

Also wrote a review for anyone interested. I do this sh*t alot after I've seen a really bad film.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

Watched this Godfrey Ho "epic" last night. It's literally two unreleated movies stitched together.

Kind of like Ed Wood putting together two entirely different movies to make Plan 9 from Outer Space. Except even that was more coherent than Robo Vampire sounds. Good review, too!

Also, I love that totally copyright-infringing art for the movie featuring Robocop. Given that this seems to be a really poor knockoff of Robocop and that I just watched that movie again on TV recently, I may have to give this one a go one night if I'm really bored.

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:54 PM

Also, I love that totally copyright-infringing art for the movie featuring Robocop. Given that this seems to be a really poor knockoff of Robocop and that I just watched that movie again on TV recently, I may have to give this one a go one night if I'm really bored.

It seems to be a knockoff of various different films/subgenres at once tbh. RoboCop is obviously the main culprit (with a much cheaper looking suit mind you), though there's quite a bit of First Blood Part II in there as well, just lots of scenes of people shooting at each other in an open jungle.

If you're going to watch this, doing so with friends who enjoy trashy movies is the way to do it, and maybe some booze as well.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:09 PM Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 25 March 2018 - 10:10 PM.

It seems to be a knockoff of various different films/subgenres at once tbh. RoboCop is obviously the main culprit (with a much cheaper looking suit mind you), though there's quite a bit of First Blood Part II in there as well, just lots of scenes of people shooting at each other in an open jungle.

If you're going to watch this, doing so with friends who enjoy trashy movies is the way to do it, and maybe some booze as well.

I love the cheap looking suits of various Robocop knockoffs in commercials (and the time Peter Weller actually made an appearance as Robocop at a wrestling match and the costume was so cheap that his leg was coming apart and he was limping while trying to keep it together).

A little alcohol always helps with these movies. Deadfall, starring Nicolas Cage, is one of them. For 1993, it was a very cheap movie. Nobody acts well, but Cage's acting (complete with a wig and a fake mustache) is either awful or amazing depending on how you look at it.

His brother directed this movie, too, so this was probably a favor and not a necessity like having to accept any role he could get due to owing $6 million to the IRS.

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:19 PM Edited by Lock N' Stock, 25 March 2018 - 10:26 PM.

Is that Michael Biehn? And James Coburn as well? Oh dear. 

But yeah, Cage is one of a kind in anything he's in. I'll have to track this bad boy down. "SOMEONE'S GONNA KILL ME MANNN!!!"

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2018 - 10:58 PM

Definitely look for the movie if you can, it used to be on YouTube in its entirety but it's gone now, and it's not on Netflix either. I'm currently putting myself through every movie of Cage's on Netflix, although I think Rage might be the worst one I've seen so far ("RRRRAAAT! RRAAAAT! RAAAAAAT!").

There's also "Vengeance: A Love Story." I have no f*cking clue how the movie is a love story, because it's Nicolas Cage going after a bunch of rapists and murdering them one by one. My dad and I watched this one together. He loved this movie because it's Nic Cage being the hero and Miami Vice's Don Johnson as a seedy lawyer. I loved the movie for this long, awkward and drawn-out scene that was supposed to be a serious moment of him "bonding" with the little girl. Before he says the line, even the girl can hardly hold it in and she looks like she's about to begin laughing before he even says it.

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:13 AM Edited by Lock N' Stock, 27 March 2018 - 03:28 AM.

I have no f*cking clue how the movie is a love story, because it's Nicolas Cage going after a bunch of rapists and murdering them one by one. 

So basically Death Wish? Gotcha. Seriously though, I need to go on a Cage binge some time, at least I know which ones to track down when the time comes.

Oh, and turns out that Robo Vampire has not one, but TWO sequels, sort of (reviewed here and here). One of them even tries to rip-off Nightmare on Elm Street by having a ghost vampire with Freddy claws. Honestly, I don't think I've laughed more at a trio of awful films so badly in my life. The fact that they don't seem to be very self-aware (since alot of scenes are played for melodrama, but not for one moment can you take them seriously) just makes them even more hysterical.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:11 AM

So basically Death Wish? Gotcha. Seriously though, I need to go on a Cage binge some time, at least I know which ones to track down when the time comes.

Oh, and turns out that Robo Vampire has not one, but TWO sequels, sort of (reviewed here and here). One of them even tries to rip-off Nightmare on Elm Street by having a ghost vampire with Freddy claws. Honestly, I don't think I've laughed more at a trio of awful films so badly in my life. The fact that they don't seem to be very self-aware (since alot of scenes are played for melodrama, but not for one moment can you take them seriously) just makes them even more hysterical.

Come to think of it, it pretty much could have been the Death Wish remake. If only they had the rights to call it that, Cage & co. could have beat Bruce Willis and Eli Roth out of a remake! Definitely watch a lot of Cage films at once if possible, too. I had a marathon of his films one night with my dad and did not regret it (and he's always unironically been a fan, so it was even better for him).

And wow, I guess Ho had even more half-finished movies that he had no idea what to do with and figured he'd just stick them all together and call it a day. I dunno if I've heard of a series so consistently awful from start to finish, usually it's a decent first movie and then the rest are all sh*tty made-for-TV or straight-to-DVD trash.

Also, I know this film was already mentioned on the first page, but I just wanted to remind everyone of the brilliance that is Hercules in New York. Especially the one with Arnold's real voice without any dubbing. This line in particular always cracked me up, I remember actually questioning if he was even speaking English when I first saw this. Arnold was definitely not the best English speaker when this film was made, and even though now I know firsthand how tough learning a second language can be and I can respect him for mastering what was a completely new language to him, I still find lines like that, and everyone's acting, to be hilarious. The whole movie has the look and feel of a cheap early 70s porno (something Sly Stallone actually has experience with).

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Easy.
bZTqRFM.jpg

I remember once a couple of my friends trying to figure out who ripped off who: Friday the 13 part 8 or Killer Clowns from Outer Space, taking a victims head off with one punch. I told them they are both uncultured swine...
  • Femme Fatale likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

This movie about a local shootout between two bank robbers and the FBI is so bad it's funny. Just watching David Soul angrilly flip over a pinball machine and then apply face paint really sells the scene for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users