Is this game still worth buying

12 replies to this topic
makaramus
  • makaramus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

I want to ask if there are people still playing game enought to call this game an "online" game :D I want to start this game since there is discount but if there arent enought playing it I might actually ignore it :/
By the way anyone know when discount ends?

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is for the most part an online game the single player is not really upto much.

Im not an online gamer so it doesnt do anything for me, but the game looks good and i have been online and there are plenty of people playing it and lots to keep you amused so yes buy it.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is still very well populated online which is not always a good thing lol,

It is a single player game as well and its story alone will take substantial time (est 30-40 hrs) I do not know how long it would take to complete 100%, but it is shorter than previous games and has not had the attention online has with DLC etc,

It is not a bad single player game and will embarrass many other games for a single player experience,

The problem it has is its predecessor GTA4! The Story was better and longer and also got expanded twice via DLC, Also to be honest I do not like any of GTA5's protagonists that much.  

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Hurst.
  • Hurst.

Its just Me, Myself & I.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • England
  • Casco #1 Fan

Posted 2 weeks ago

f*cking hell, the game has been out for 4 years and only now you want to get it because its gone down in price? Talk about being a tight arse.

• Emo_Amz and kidtwist81 like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Kill them assholes! Man, this is a good sandwich.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wouldn't recommend to anyone that they buy this game for the online alone. It's extremely janky (or was, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't fixed) and their 'cheat detection' is a laugh. You could get a strike for someone dropping money on you, but you'll see people spawning in UFOs and killing everyone and walking off scott-free. And the "missions" are a f*cking chore. It's all just a big grind with no real good pay off.

Single play is pretty good, though.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by MechanicMammal, 2 weeks ago.

I wouldn't recommend to anyone that they buy this game for the online alone. It's extremely janky (or was, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't fixed) and their 'cheat detection' is a laugh. You could get a strike for someone dropping money on you, but you'll see people spawning in UFOs and killing everyone and walking off scott-free. And the "missions" are a f*cking chore. It's all just a big grind with no real good pay off.

I agree with most of this, Hackers or kids with mod menu's are a problem on the PC at the moment, most of them are merely a inconvenience but some hacks are nastier for example I have lost all my Ammo before due to a hacker and that can be expensive.

I personally do not find getting money is that difficult online, there are enough ways to earn reasonable amounts and to not just grind one thing.

I personally do not bother trying to make money in free mode partially due to the hacker issues on PC and yeah I do find that stuff to be a grind tbh. I play about 6-10 hours a week

I own all the free mode money making stuff, Bunker, warehouses, Import Export, hanger, office etc but do not really use them as a main income what I will do is if I spawn in to a empty ish lobby and have 5 minutes spare I will go to the nearest one to my spawn point and stock it up a bit I do not bother with the MC businesses after I got raided a few times. Then wait until they offer 2x on that type of business before selling whatever I have accumulated, which they do quite often.

I try to host a heist or 2 a week elite pac I used to grind them a lot more (a group of friends is needed to make it efficient)

The 2x events can spam the cash in depending on the mode,

I will join the occasional invite to heist if they are on my friends list.

I make at least 2.5 mill a week at the moment which is enough to buy everything I want, I used to earn lots more but it can become a grind as you say. (this does not include the occasional free mode sales they are a bonus and I only sell at 2x)

• MrPeteyMax likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Kill them assholes! Man, this is a good sandwich.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I agree with most of this, Hackers or kids with mod menu's are a problem on the PC at the moment, most of them are merely a inconvenience but some hacks are nastier for example I have lost all my Ammo before due to a hacker and that can be expensive.

I personally do not find getting money is that difficult online, there are enough ways to earn reasonable amounts and to not just grind one thing.

I personally do not bother trying to make money in free mode partially due to the hacker issues on PC and yeah I do find that stuff to be a grind tbh. I play about 6-10 hours a week

I own all the free mode money making stuff, Bunker, warehouses, Import Export, hanger, office etc but do not really use them as a main income what I will do is if I spawn in to a empty ish lobby and have 5 minutes spare I will go to the nearest one to my spawn point and stock it up a bit I do not bother with the MC businesses after I got raided a few times. Then wait until they offer 2x on that type of business before selling whatever I have accumulated, which they do quite often.

I try to host a heist or 2 a week elite pac I used to grind them a lot more (a group of friends is needed to make it efficient)

The 2x events can spam the cash in depending on the mode,

I will join the occasional invite to heist if they are on my friends list.

I make at least 2.5 mill a week at the moment which is enough to buy everything I want, I used to earn lots more but it can become a grind as you say.

Yeah for sure. I don't find obtaining money difficult per se, just that it's boring. I don't find it very rewarding at all, considering they just keep adding cars that are ridiculously expensive. It just sort of ruins it for me. Like artificial expansions. But I do agree with you.

• MechanicMammal likes this

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

OP I guess the amount of responses you have got is a indicator of continued interest in the game, try posting in any other 4 year old game forum and see how many responses you get :)

I bet more people are playing this than Battlefront 2 at the moment lol.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have never touched online. I don't even know what it looks like.

I just played the Story Mode for the first time a couple months ago and I can recommend it as long as you are not looking for great action gameplay (though, for the standard of console gameplay, it may be good--I couldn't say).

If you are interested in exploration, story, and characterization, then definitely yes.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

If you are only interested in online part of the game, then it's a must buy. You'll have loads of fun. Online has amazing amount of content to keep you busy for hours. Just make sure to play with the friends you know. If you are a SP, then V is still a good game, and offers much more, and a fun experience over IV. Modding the game will increase the possibilities of FUN even more.

kidtwist81
  • kidtwist81

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Pc gamer ran an article recently citing the numbers to be around 55k online players currently. At 30 or so to a lobby i think thats a good indicator that plenty of people still enjoy the game very much. 

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

55,000 out of a world population of 4 billion?

When PC version first game out they boasted a stat of at least 300,000 people playing PC Online at a given time so if that true that only 55,000 people are playing online then this game is in a steep decline as well it should be with all the update they're releasing online with all the items costing multi-millions and then them wiping away players alert money and all the modders online i'm not surprised that it's only 55,000

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It is interesting that Warcraft II, which was released in 1995, still had a peak of 30,000 concurrent players in 2004, which was the last time I played on a regular basis. I think the total peak for all of Battle.net was around 400,000.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users