Quantcast

» «
Photo

What made you fall in love with this game?

38 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

The chemistry between Faustin and Dimitri is truly something to behold. You get a sense of proper history between the two even though it’s relatively short lived.

I guess that’s the power of GTA IV’s impeccable writing.
  • anthony, rampage08, Misunderstood and 1 other like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The thing I love about IV is the living, breathing feel, full of secrets to explore around many streets and corners of the Liberty city - giving off that strong vibe of life, gritty feel, in a virtual experience. Rockstar seems to have really spend so much time in putting all the details in the city, really very immersive experience if you don't want to engage in anything else other than simply exploring the world. Really nice!
  • Algonquin Assassin, anthony and Prasdana21 like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 3 weeks ago.

To me it was not really about the game play but more about the inner workings of the game and its details and general design. It was, and still is, one of the most alive feeling games. The city feels like it could actually be a real city in its own right.

The ragdoll is superb and still manages to surpass its successor. The minor actors that spawn on the street give a sense of belief that they have a life of their own. They can be heard talking on the cell phone, or seen riding in the back of a cab, or seen buying hotdogs. When walking around I feel like I'm actually a part of the city and its history. GTAIV ultimately did immersion better than any other GTA.

GTAIV focused on doing a few specific things right instead of trying to do everything half-ass. It feels like a true successor to GTA1, GTA2, and GTAIII in that it may have been limited in its content, but what content it did have, had their mechanics integrated quite well into the game design.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, anthony and 2 others like this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

The player created mayhem in multiplayer, and the fact nobody gives a sh*t if you crash into someone or kill them when messing about. Also just things like this:
8GpqPhu.gif

While in GTA 5 everyone cares about their epeen and K/D. And horn honking is punishable by death.
  • B Dawg and Dream-_-Traveler like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I loved planning the missions. You must act smart otherwise you have to cope with 161515 man shooting you before the main target.

Everytime I ask myself how to approach my target. Looking different ways to avoid unnecessary gunfights, checking windows if breakable or not, killing some of the guys with snipers, shooting tires of suspicious cars, blocking back exits of the some buildings etc

I miss those days.

Puerto Rican Connection has several approachable ways to deal with the target, i love that. You could just shoot the target right at the station, you could shoot them up when they were all in the car on the way or you could just blast them when they are all stopping at their destination.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTAIV focused on doing a few specific things right instead of trying to do everything half-ass. It feels like a true successor to GTA1, GTA2, and GTAIII in that it may have been limited in its content, but what content it did have, had their mechanics integrated quite well into the game design.

That's pretty much how I feel too. GTA IV doesn't try to be the jack of all trades, but what it does have is as you said well integrated into its game design.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Fuelled By Hate

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Living city and all that sh*t but mostly the characters/gameplay and the music.

"I've been through so much that I'm such a maniac, but I still act out of faith."

Best games ever
  • Femme Fatale and Mr_Rager like this

bantonson15
  • bantonson15

Motorcycle Menace

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago Edited by bantonson15, 6 days ago.

The Soundtrack of IV was incredible 👌
  • Jeansowaty and Femme Fatale like this

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Not sure.

But, if its GTA, Im in.
Great story, do what the hell you want. At this point cheat codes, in which is the best of most GTA games, most not all because I havent played all.
I love it!
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users