Quantcast

» «
Photo

What made you fall in love with this game?

24 replies to this topic
Cyber_Renaissance
  • Cyber_Renaissance

Lost in the Mix

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago

For me, I had only known about what GTA even was in 2006. The first GTA I ever played was this modded version of GTA VC. I quite enjoyed, it was different for me at the time than most other games, but for some reason the story missions were locked in this version so I never got to fully experience the game as I should have, and so, it wasn't really anything special to me.

Two years later in 2008, around August or something of that year, summer was about to end in about a month's time, I was bored and I didn't really have much to do, just thought that it would be another mundane, boring summer and then it's back to school again just like it had always been. I remember one day I was browsing some random gaming forum when suddenly my eyes came on this

gta_4_7.jpg

To this day I never quite knew what it was that got me so hooked to this screen. Was it the crystal clear graphics? (Which I had absolutely never seen something like it before). Was it this chilling atmosphere that surrounded the entire scene? I still don't know. But one thing I knew for sure is that it wasn't like anything I've seen in a video game before. I kept reading farther to know more about what this game even is. It was like a revelation at that time. I had never seen nor read about a game with such detail. Reading about all the different features in GTA IV, from the very detailed physics system to all the cool new features (although some of them ended up not being in the game). I said to myself that I absolutely had to play this game. Now I actually never got to play the game properly until 2010 when I upgraded my PC specs, but when I did, it was everything I expected and more, and I had been a faithful lover ever since.

How did you first find out about GTA IV? And if you loved it/ still do what first made you do so?
  • albanyave, Arrows to Athens, Mr_Rager and 3 others like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

This video, and the entire UBB's Bloopers, Glitches & Silly Stuff series.

• jaljax, Steezy. and Cyber_Renaissance like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

The first trailer that I watched waaay back in early '07.

When I finshed watching it, I knew it was going to be a masterpiece. :3
  • Algonquin Assassin, albanyave, R3CON and 2 others like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

When I was younger, I only played the 3D GTAs, and every time I went to my cousin's house. (he had a PS3) I would play GTA IV, and it was like no other GTA. It was only earlier this year that I got a PS3 and actually played through the game fully, until recently I got a PC, and I have been playing it on there. There will never ever be a game like GTA IV ever again, I guarantee it.

• Cyber_Renaissance likes this

NCRVeteranRanger
  • NCRVeteranRanger

Big Iron

• BUSTED!
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

The city and its atmosphere, I've never been in New York but Liberty City felt like home, it makes you feel comfortable, you know? I don't have that feeling in Los Santos.

SpaceJelloYT
  • SpaceJelloYT

Niko belic is bae.

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

A long time ago, a friend showed me 5 on the xbox 360, fell in love with it.

years later bought 5 for pc even though i had only a core 2 duo machine

loved that game

got a new PC, finished 5

bought 3 for my laptop

bought vice city

bought 4

fell in love with 4

and i just remember how i thought how big and confusing san andreas was when i played it on my friends 360.

memories. 

Luke Ferris
  • Luke Ferris

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

The main reason I fell in love with GTA IV was because of Niko.  Such an incredible protagonist, aided and abetted by other great characters like Roman. So many of the lines spoken made me laugh out loud too.

• albanyave, Journey_95, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

The sheer fact that Niko is a vulnerable guy who needs to be held by big, strong arms.

• theGTAking101, Darealbandicoot, The Deadite and 3 others like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The sheer fact that Niko is a vulnerable guy who needs to be held by big, strong arms.

"And Roman, you're a dick"

• theGTAking101, Darealbandicoot and Cyber_Renaissance like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

It made me realise San Andreas was incredibly unrefined and that having a bazillion features isn’t the be all to end all.
  • The Deadite, jaljax and Cyber_Renaissance like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Story, Character's, Missions, LC... Basically everything about it & that mainly summon's up the reason's why i fell in love with the game lol.

• Algonquin Assassin and Cyber_Renaissance like this

Goldn-Bayse
  • Goldn-Bayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

The city, atmosphere, pretty much everything. But I think what made me really fall in love with this game was the memories I had with it. Whether it was taking turns playing with my cousins or sister or playing multiplayer with my friend, I had alot of fun playing the game with them and sharing the experience.

• jaljax and Cyber_Renaissance like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

The setting, and the depth and excitement of the story and characters. It was like nothing ever seen before in an open world game. City felt so alive and I somehow never got bored of driving around unlike any other GTA games.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

The fact that it was my first GTA I had on my first computer...

• theGTAking101 and Cyber_Renaissance like this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

i wished for a rain , not a sandstorm.

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

what made me love this game ? i remember back then i came to a friends house to play some games together , he then showed me GTA IV , i asked him , can we start a new game ? which he reply with a simple yes.

and boy oh boy , say what you want , but this game has the best intro ever. that opening scene at the platypus , the music , the atmosphere , it's all on point. perfect , definitely something i'll always remember.
  • theGTAking101 and Cyber_Renaissance like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by Niobium, A week ago.

the good memories of me playing the game with my friends. we were kids at the time, but we had so much fun with the game jumping out of a helicopter that we flew in the air

then i learned on the internet that they were releasing a new GTA called EFLC to the PS3. so i got the game and TLAD was the first GTA i actually completed.

when i completed TLAD's campaign followed by IV's campaign, it made me like the game more

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Combination of the first trailer showing how realistic the world looked and then actually playing the game on my brothers ps3 shortly after release and immediately falling in love with it. It felt like the most complete gta I have ever played if that makes sense. It didn't feel like anything was missing or cut (besides the gloves of course) and compared to 5,doesn't feel like it compromised the story for dlc or anything.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by Journey_95, A week ago.

The dark and grounded atmosphere. I was a GTA fan since VC but it was always a more lighthearted and cartoony series until GTA IV changed everything.

I loved the more serious vibe from the trailers + the story and protagonist looked very interesting (which got me really hyped) and then when the game came out I couldn't stop playing..it was amazing. Liberty City is still the best open world city I have seen, the physics are still fun, the story is overall very well done  and overall the game never gets old.

I enjoy most of the other GTA games, they are fun but I feel like GTA IV in on a different level.

• Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty and Cyber_Renaissance like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

The dark and grounded atmosphere. I was a GTA fan since VC but it was always a more lighthearted and cartoony series until GTA IV changed everything.

I loved the more serious vibe from the trailers + the story and protagonist looked very interesting (which got me really hyped) and then when the game came out I couldn't stop playing..it was amazing. Liberty City is still the best open world city I have seen, the physics are still fun, the story is overall very well done  and overall the game never gets old.

I enjoy most of the other GTA games, they are fun but I feel like GTA IV in on a different level.

Couldn't agree more. i knew GTA IV was going to be a special experience from its very first trailer. I'd be lying if I said it's a perfect gem, but it's nothing like the mainstream wants us to believe that it's some horrible game. Not even close.

It's so refreshing after the mountain of sh*t us GTA IV fans have had to put up with for years it's slowly winning the crowd over. I don't even really care if R* don't make another GTA like it as it stands on its own.

• Niobium likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted A week ago

Melee combat alone made me fall in love. Then everything else made me stay.

I love this game

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted A week ago

I don't remember how I found out about GTA IV. I'm pretty sure it wasn't when it was first announced in 2006 because I didn't get to have broadband internet until a year later. I guess it must have been on GTARevolution when I joined around September or October 2007. By then I already played VC and SA on PC, and both Stories games on my brother's then new PS2.

I still remember the excitement that came with every new trailer. GTA IV was probably the only game I was truly hyped for prior to its release. After IV, I went through other "waiting periods" for other games, but it was never the same experience. By the time V was announced I was nearly in the last year of high school, and I just wasn't a kid anymore so it didn't feel the same.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Cyber_Renaissance like this

FearlessFoxX
  • FearlessFoxX

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by FearlessFoxX, A week ago.

For me it was the next gen experience, The physics the realism in the game it was all so much fun... I Enjoyed crashing of bikes flying out of cars fighting people, the random events and random unexpected things that would occur it was awesome
The best for me was the physics and epic funny ragdoll moments that had me hooked!! Till this day I play it modd it and play ivsa and other mods with gta iv engine it's amazing
  • Algonquin Assassin and anthony like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted A week ago

I loved planning the missions. You must act smart otherwise you have to cope with 161515 man shooting you before the main target.

Everytime I ask myself how to approach my target. Looking different ways to avoid unnecessary gunfights, checking windows if breakable or not, killing some of the guys with snipers, shooting tires of suspicious cars, blocking back exits of the some buildings etc

I miss those days.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

UncleSal
  • UncleSal

This ain't no country club, boy.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago Edited by UncleSal, A day ago.

The amazing storyline, it's so deep and have a lot of interesting characters. Liberty City have a wonderful immersion.

The physics, the realism. It's a 10/10 game.

• Algonquin Assassin and anthony like this

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

the fact the entire iv trilogy has a complex storyline that covers many aspects of the liberty city underworld like the russians, the italians, the street gangs, bikers, nightclubs and so on. that kind of stuff really appeals to me so that's nice i guess. it actually reminds me of the wire at times

• Algonquin Assassin and Mr_Rager like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users