Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Would It Feel Like To Have A Realistic Gta?

6 replies to this topic
jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Me personally i'd like it because it would make the world of the game feel a lot more alive...Like for an example Mafia 2 felt really alive for a game from 2010 because it introduced a lot of element's a lot of game's didn't have at the time or even now i would have to say, but the same thing goes for it's predecessor Mafia 1 dating all the way back to 2002. 

But anyway's what do you think it would feel like to have a realistic gta & would you enjoy or no? 

Leave you're opinion's down below or even name out some great idea's that would make it realistic & alive

I'm always interested in seeing idea's or even opinion's on the topic as well.

• LincolnClay and Steezy. like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Start with ditching this hand-holding, casual game play approach that V had which was aimed at the "fun factor".

But I'm specifically talking about ditching:

-Character's special abilities;
-Health regeneration;
-Being able to have over 20 different weapons in your weapon wheel(I'd like to see the system used in Max Payne 3);
-Barely no recoil on all weapons;
-Arcadish vehicle handling where the cars pivot from the middle instead of the front axle and have no active suspension whatsoever, motorcycles that can "snap" on a direction at the mere touch of a analog stick input, and so many other things;
-Land vehicles top speeds being limited to 130 MPH;
-Aerial vehicles top speeds being limited to 210 MPH;
-Limiting police spawns to only the police districts;
-Having our characters use a completely retarded stance when going in first person mode;
-Having cars interiors that don't match the vehicle at all;
-Having steering wheels blocking the gauges of the dashboards, or putting said gauges away from the FOV of the character(making them essentially useless);
-Getting wanted levels in the middle of f*cking nowhere just because you have thrown a grenade or caused a death of a ped(by accident);
-Nerfing car damage to make the cars "last more", therefore making them less deformable to impacts;
-Not making the characters interactive to game map;
-Locking out interiors, only unlock them in missions and then locking them up again forever;
-Nerfing the euphoria engine capabilities, specially the ragdoll physics in general.
  • Johnny Spaz, LincolnClay and jaljax like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 3 weeks ago.

I have have mixed feelings on this. Many people would say GTA IV's too "realistic" even though it contains many classic GTA motifs. It's a common misconception IMO. A lot of it was R*'s creative decision to give the game its own style and distinction from the 3D era. You can of course still hide an arsenal of weapons in your pants, survive stupidly high falls, get tossed around like a ragdoll being wrestled by a dog etc. The rest is defined by its atmosphere, tone and so on which for some reason is confused as being "realistic". No. R* just didn't want the game to have tanks, jetpacks, planes, floating health pickups etc.

Anyway for R* to make a GTA game really "realistic" its entire core would have to be stripped out and reworked. I like the Mafia games, but they have their own style. In a GTA game I still want to do crazy stuff from time to time, but I don't want it feeling too realistic where I can't enjoy myself.

• ProKiller93, Pedinhuh and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have have mixed feelings on this. Many people would say GTA IV's too "realistic" even though it contains many classic GTA motifs. It's a common misconception IMO. A lot of it was R*'s creative decision to give the game its own style and distinction from the 3D era. You can of course still hide an arsenal of weapons in your pants, survive stupidly high falls, get tossed around like a ragdoll being wrestled by a dog etc. The rest is defined by its atmosphere, tone and so on which for some reason is confused as being "realistic". No. R* just didn't want the game to have tanks, jetpacks, planes, floating health pickups etc.

Anyway for R* to make a GTA game really "realistic" its entire core would have to be stripped out and reworked. I like the Mafia games, but they have their own style. In a GTA game I still want to do crazy stuff from time to time, but I don't want it feeling too realistic where I can't enjoy myself.

Yeah you're right & yeah some people may say IV is realistic , but what i mean is elements that could be introduced to the series like to see traffic laws ,gun license , a map that has all cities and for once not surrounded by water lol etc etc...

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

While I too also believe that a "too realistic" GTA will make it lose its charm, I think some realistic aspects that'd work well would be

* More interiors, like a lot more, even if it seems redundant

* A city that isn't an island for once. Like have it similar to Elder Scrolls or Fallout, where there is a surrounding landscape that isn't accessible but helps the world feel huge. Or even have it like Saints Row, where it's still surrounded by water but in the faint (unreachable) distance you can see land.

* Have it where you'll get a one star wanted level if you pass a red light with a cop around.

* Have it where you only hold one primary weapon (Shotgun, rifle, etc.), one sidearm (pistol, Uzi,etc.), one melee, and throwables and possibly have it where it's visible when unequipped. Stuff like RPGs and miniguns can only be carried on hand, or by a vehicle's trunk. If a gun is visibly out, you will gain a wanted level, and pedestrians will run away from you.

* Have your crimes be heard and recorded on the radio/TV news, aside from just missions. Like if you go outside and just start killing pedestrians, you'll hear about it actually happening if you tune in to he radio or watch Weazel News.

* Have a reputation system with the gangs. If you kill a certain amount of a specific gang member, they'll hate you more but the rivals will like you, and etc. Similar to GTA 2, but more in depth.

* More realistic blood and gore. GTA V really failed on that, but the earlier games (3, VC, SA) had it where you can shoot people's heads and legs off.

* Have the seasons change as the game goes on. Mafia 2 and Bully both did this well, and I believe it can be implemented in gta as well.

* Have it where you can mug people and take their money without killing them. Depending on the person, they might have a gun and fight back, or run.

And that's all I've got for now lol
  • jaljax likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

If its done to offer great immersion through features, and interactions that draw inspiration from the settings, and times the game is set in, then it's fine. Like Mafia 1, and GTA SA have to offer so many interesting details to immerse the players, and none of them felt like they are hindrances to actual gameplay, rather more believable and fitting for the game world. 

But realism for the sake of realism is something I strongly dislike in video games because they force the players to accept those illogical changes without any purpose being served from actual gameplay standpoint other than, "hey, it's a serious game, so xyz feature doesn't make sense because it doesn't fit the tone, or the protagonist" 

Like, seriously? You can have an airport, but flying planes breaks the atmosphere, or tone? You can fly a helicopter but somehow tanks don't make sense, even though they also fall in the same category of military vehicles. I can list many such changes that never made sense to me. 

Having realistic physics, driving and shooting mechanics, bringing more believability to the cops and their actions, etc are the kind of changes that I'd support (if done right) in making the game realistic becuase it serves a good purpose in upgrading the gameplay and taking to the next level of immersion that isn't too predictable, dull and boring.
  • jaljax likes this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It will feel AMAZING. I have ideas too. Being able to talk to peds, (even though you can do that in SA), more weapons, being able to enter every building, violence more accurate, and tons of more stuff that Rockstar can't do unfortunately.

• jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users