Photo

struggling for money in game

14 replies to this topic
mneilan
  • mneilan

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

i sold a car for 100k and had 2.2 million then bought the car that looks like the magnum pi Ferrari  and then bought an apartment (sold my penthouse for it) and now i have just under 1 million. i haven't played in months and just looked at the new vehicles etc and saw loads of amazing new things but are like really expensive. how are you meant to be able to play/use them without buying shark cards ?????  

Justklt95
  • Justklt95

I'm a potato

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

saving. even if it takes a week or so. I'm trying to save up for one of the hangers in Fort Zancudo, which is about 3.5 for the hanger and upgrades. 

I've found the vehicle warehouse and bunker make the most money. a CEO office is needed, which the cheapest is 1mil, it's across the street from the Del Pero apartments. the cheapest vehicle warehouse is Le Mesa which is about 1.1 mil, and the cheapest bunker is in Paleto Bay at I think another 1 mil....they're getting too happy with these extreme prices. yes, it's a game. but the pay outs on missions and heists suck compared to the vehicle warehouse and bunker.

the hanger is a good source of money too. if you flll up on something, it can be sold for about 500k

I refuse to buy a sharkcard anymore, R* is getting out of hand with these prices

mneilan
  • mneilan

Rat

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

saving. even if it takes a week or so. I'm trying to save up for one of the hangers in Fort Zancudo, which is about 3.5 for the hanger and upgrades. 

I've found the vehicle warehouse and bunker make the most money. a CEO office is needed, which the cheapest is 1mil, it's across the street from the Del Pero apartments. the cheapest vehicle warehouse is Le Mesa which is about 1.1 mil, and the cheapest bunker is in Paleto Bay at I think another 1 mil....they're getting too happy with these extreme prices. yes, it's a game. but the pay outs on missions and heists suck compared to the vehicle warehouse and bunker.

the hanger is a good source of money too. if you flll up on something, it can be sold for about 500k

I refuse to buy a sharkcard anymore, R* is getting out of hand with these prices

i have gta 5 360 and then got it for the xbox one and never bought shark cards but now thinking i should but shark cards cost way way too much

Freddie Gecko
  • Freddie Gecko

Pothead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Buy three small warehouses and a Kraken mini sub. Licience to PRINT money.

Or read a guide.

.Diana McFarland.
  • .Diana McFarland.

Stomping Out Lesser Females Everywhere.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Diana 2016
    Best Diana 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Rule 1 .

never sell your crap for other crap.

make money..

• Mistermilan07 likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Proud Kekistani

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

i sold a car for 100k and had 2.2 million then bought the car that looks like the magnum pi Ferrari  and then bought an apartment (sold my penthouse for it) and now i have just under 1 million. i haven't played in months and just looked at the new vehicles etc and saw loads of amazing new things but are like really expensive. how are you meant to be able to play/use them without buying shark cards ?????

Invest in businesses before buying toys. With the right set up you can make ~$300K+ an hour solo, or $1M in 3-4 hours.

• xian_doiuh and KWF1981 like this

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago

The way I see it is you have three options:

1. Buy Shark cards and lose real life money
  2. Grind and lose time
  3. Duplicate vehicles and chances are your losing your account

Which one of those seem less important to you? Unfortunately there is no happy ending.

• xian_doiuh and KWF1981 like this

Mr Spanky
  • Mr Spanky

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Do NOT buy a hangar in the hope of making money, you won't

DO omport/export work, the cheapest warehouse is not the best location, easy access to the freeway, but, plenty of hiding spots for other players to snipe you and steal the car

Get a cargobob for doing the i/e work, soooo much easier

Buy a bunker, do not buy paleto bay, save a bit more for Chumash, far better location

If you have a biker clubhouse, get a coke factory

CEO crates pays well, but, only if you SELL a full large warehouse, the small warehouses really aren't worth the time and effort for the small payout

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

i haven't played in months

There's your problem. Game is basically free to play. And ftp basically means play for hundreds of hours or spend hundreds of dollars.

You choose.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Bruce Khansey
  • Bruce Khansey

Replicant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Bruce Khansey, 2 weeks ago.

Combine I/E and bunker sales, is the only way. Unfortunately, in order to do this you need a crazy amount of cash as startup.

If I remember correctly it should be something like this:

CEO office: 1.000.000

Vehicle warehouse in La Mesa: 1.500.000

Bunker: 1.550.000 (not the cheapest one but I recommend it for the location)

bunker upgrades: nearly 1.750.000 (staff + equipment, security not included even if that would be an extra 300.000)

Total: 5.500.000/6.000.000

Those are all the cheapest ones, except for the bunker. Obviously, you can't wait to save all this money and buying everything at once, so I advise you to choose between starting with the bunker or with I/E, and then save money to buy the other one.

- Bunker has a lower setup cost and you can do other things while it produces goods to be sold since it's passive income, but without upgrades you have to wait a lot;

- I/E has higher setup costs (you HAVE to buy the office + vehicle warehouse), but once you store all low and mid-range cars (20 total), every high-end car you spot can be sold solo for 80k of net profit, and it takes you an average 15 minutes to steal and sell one + 20 minutes cooldown before selling another one.

Once you have a fully upgraded bunker and a vehicle warehouse filled with low and mid-range cars you can earn nearly 400k of net profit per hour. If you want to make another investiment, you could buy a buzzard and start Headhunter CEO work between a car sale and another one, so you can earn an easy 20k to cover car sales expenses.

AVOID HANGARS for god sake.

Only downside is that this starts a grinding routine that could become boring, but if you really want expensive toys this is the only way to make serious legit money. 

• Mistermilan07 likes this

Mistermilan07
  • Mistermilan07

Player Hater

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago

Here’s my way

After grinding the hell out of races, contact missions (Kuruma needed) and so on , I bought a shard card of 3.5 m and invested it in the following:

1m for cheapest ceo office (do not buy upgrades)

1.5m for cheapest import export garage (only sell high end cars after you spent 20k to upgrade them, leave low and mid range cars untouched in your garage.  Net max profit 80k per high end car)

1 mil left + 0.75m savings for a buzzard to speed up your travel time

This investment saved me a lot of time and made me 30m since May 2017 which I all blew on Chumash Bunker, MOC, MK2 weapons, Fort Zancundo Hangar, Turreted Limo, T20, Zentorno, Insurgent and a nice pair of shoes and underpants.

This won’t make you rich but with some effort you’ll be able to buy anything you want.

• Bruce Khansey likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's because you (and millions of others) did buy them cards in the first place, lol. 

Not an issue for a day one player, never needed them. Don't cave in OP...

Invest in businesses before buying toys. With the right set up you can make ~$300K+ an hour solo, or $1M in 3-4 hours.

... This chap here has many guides in his signature above dude. I'd have a good read and see if the hours needed/investments are for you. Otherwise, yes, the game is garnered in such a way that you either get bored or crushed by other players enough that you cave and buy the cards... And as I said to the other chap here, it's a vicious circle...

You want prices to increase?... Buy away, won't effect me. I'll quit long before paying for fake currency, lol.

I say, if the guides don't help, spam heists on call, hit 2x events... Care less about winning everything and spam these transform races, good few of them in a night, soon pays... Just get ya head down and have fun for a few weeks, because once you start with these businesses, they'll chip away at ya... 

Very expensive, very easy to get screwed by all sorts, I/E cars getting destroyed because a session splits, players creeping on passive in weaponised vehicles... You name it... Such a grind... And you wait til you see the bunker... Poor sod.

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

You play the game. Simple. Nothing comes for free in GTA or real life.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

There are a lot of non-R* Captures at the moment that give you $10k for killing each NPC. Might be worth checking them out before they get patched...

SergioMath
  • SergioMath

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

i have some sort of routine now. it isn't perfect, and it isn't exactly the same, but it appears to yield a consistent amount of cash.

Step 1: Refill whatever needs refilling (5 mc businesses and bunker)

Step 2: In between one of those refills, sell an I/E car.

Step 3: Sell MC business product (This one takes longer but here lies the real payout)

Step 4: Refill businesses

Step 5: Sell another car.

Step 6: Source a Car

Step 7 Sell bunker, or hangar (Chances are, you have a lot of stock, because you were sourcing materials to get the discounted aircraft prices)

Step 8: Fight the occational griefer or goof around.

Step 9: Enjoy Los Santos (i take my Merryweather Mesa to Mt Chiliad and roleplay a bit, take some snaps)

Step 10: go to bed 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users