Quantcast

» «
Photo

Shoreside Vale sniper rampage against Colombians

Best Answer Helegad, 24 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

Those beheading rampages are a real bitch to do. The head hit detection isn't the best either so a shot to the head at an angle sometimes will blow off a limb instead or not even kill the target despite seeing a blood spray on contact. Still, most are much better than any of the GTA 2 Kill Frenzies.

I would suggest just getting more practice. That's all you can really do.

Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic
jkk
  • jkk

Fernando Martinez

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2017 - 03:18 AM Edited by jkk, 22 November 2017 - 05:42 AM.

Man, I just cannot seem to get this one. I'm not an easy quitter; I got Ambulance L12, Patriot Playground, and A Ride in the Park.

To refresh memory, this is a sniper rampage (head shots only) with location 1 from behind a warehouse fairly high up, and location 2 on top of the garages behind the police station. I've tried everything I can think of and have read about or come up with:

Location 1:

Playing it straight (climb onto the crate and edge and try to get 15 kills). Too hard to get head shots.

Jumping in a car and going off, then down the street and turning right into a walled area. Always get cut up by their fire.

Location 2:

Playing it straight (shoot from above). Not enough targets I can hit.

Jumping down but staying in the enclosure. If there are enough targets, they kill me. If there are not, I can't get 15.

Similar to above, jumping in a car, going up the ramp and down the street to fight it from there. Always get cut down.

Similar, but instead going into the Pharma alcove with an adrenaline pickup. Died in slower motion.

Any new ideas to recommend? I'm not terribly adept with the sniper cross-hairs, but part of the problem is when the targets are moving on slopes or otherwise at angles. It's hard to get the cross-hairs into the predictive spot where the guy will go. Closest I've come to success was a couple times from the walled area, but was never real close.

jkk
  • jkk

Fernando Martinez

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:31 PM

Well, if no one has any other ideas, maybe it just comes down to I suck at the sniper rifle. I don't remember this being this hard the previous times, but I also don't remember how I did it (years back). Maybe I just have older and more spastic reflexes now.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

GTA3 was never the easiest GTA even now there are parts of it that give oh f*ck moments, i think its why i still play the game, its still great after all these years

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:21 PM   Best Answer

Those beheading rampages are a real bitch to do. The head hit detection isn't the best either so a shot to the head at an angle sometimes will blow off a limb instead or not even kill the target despite seeing a blood spray on contact. Still, most are much better than any of the GTA 2 Kill Frenzies.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

If you're on PC take my invincible gangster killer mod or auto-heal.

jkk
  • jkk

Fernando Martinez

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:16 PM

And in the end that's what I did. I did learn a couple of useful things: the easiest ones to get are those walking perpendicular to one's position along a sidewalk, where you can see where the noggin is relative to the wall along the street. That relationship will remain the same unless the Colombian hits an obstacle or turns. If you can see that his head is just below the top, for example, you can position the dot where his head will pass. Then, of course, as you mentioned, you have to hope the headshot detection is on point. The other rule I made for myself is don't look at the score; look only at target acquisition, and keep doing it until I got better at it. Nothing for it but improve one's game through repeated frustrating practice.

I'm on the PS2, so mods aren't available to me (that I know of). If they were, the first one I'd look for is a fix for the Purple Nines; that got me once back in the day.

Thanks to all for weighing in. I did this one first because without the map, it's definitely the hardest in my view--especially with the convoluted street plans in SV and Portland.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users