Marvel's The Gifted

5 replies to this topic
Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Arrow, 3 weeks ago.

The Gifted is an American television series created for Fox by Matt Nix, based on Marvel Comics' X-Men properties. It is connected to the X-Men film series, set in an alternate timeline where the X-Men have disappeared. The show is produced by 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television, with Nix serving as showrunner.

The series stars Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker as ordinary parents who take their family on the run after they discover their children's mutant abilities. Sean Teale, Natalie Alyn Lind, Percy Hynes White, Coby Bell, Jamie Chung, Blair Redford, and Emma Dumont also star in the show. The series received a put pilot commitment at Fox after a previous attempted X-Men television series did not move forward at the network in 2016; The Gifted was ordered to series in May 2017.

The Gifted began airing on October 2, 2017, and is set to run for 13 episodes. It has received mostly positive reviews from critics, particularly for its social commentary and cast.

Has anyone else started watching this show? I've been following up since it first aired. It seems great so far. May not be high of ratings but it covers some really down to earth issues. Was finally nice to have a TV Series set in X-Men Universe. Stephen and Amy were definitely two good choices are the parents (Reed & Caitlin strucker).

Latest Episode Trailer:

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like it, havent seen the latest episode, but I really would like to see a grade A X-Men villain. But I think Fox want to allude to this show being connected to the movies. Which is dumb. They could do so much if you throw Mr Sinister into this show.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

I like it, havent seen the latest episode, but I really would like to see a grade A X-Men villain. But I think Fox want to allude to this show being connected to the movies. Which is dumb. They could do so much if you throw Mr Sinister into this show.

Indeed. So far, Jace Turner and Dr. Campbell are the only threats that you can fathom. Jace is like Quentin Lance from Arrow. Won't be long till he stars sympathizing with the mutants.
  • darthYENIK likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted A week ago

The Gifted gets better with each episode. The Gifted 1×08 revealed some new secrets about the strucker family. This is a ten episode Season and so far nothing major has happened except for the fact reveals. Everything else seems slow. Broken bonds were mended the last episode. The show is about different people, who're not all related and even far friends. Nonetheless they face the same persecution, the same fear, the same prejudice and fighting to earn a place in the society which looks down upon them.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

What I dont get is how long have the X-Men been missing? At least a couple years. They need to either start casting X-Men, or stop referring to them. Its just going to get distracting, and casual fans will start asking why they dont just go to the Xavier school and join. If Warner Bros/DC are doing one thing right, its that they know a TV and Movie universe can exist at the same time. Marvel and Fox need to learn this.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India

Posted A week ago

What I dont get is how long have the X-Men been missing? At least a couple years. They need to either start casting X-Men, or stop referring to them. Its just going to get distracting, and casual fans will start asking why they dont just go to the Xavier school and join. If Warner Bros/DC are doing one thing right, its that they know a TV and Movie universe can exist at the same time. Marvel and Fox need to learn this.

Indeed. DC/WB TV has no continuity issues in their universe, irrespective on the DCEU and Arrowverse. MCU has a single Universe but as we know from Daredevil and some other Netflix shows, continuity will persist an issue till solved. In addition to that, in X-Men Days of Future Past it is mentioned that after Wolverine changed the past, he wakes up in 2020s or 2030s (can't remember the exact year). That's future in there and X-Men do exist at that time. If that's the case, the Gifted is supposed to be set even further in future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users