Quantcast

» «
Photo

Best Bait Tactics in Luring Other Players To You?

68 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 3 weeks ago

This is just for those among us who get their kicks off just causing mayhem and running amok in GTAO.

What I'd like to know is what your best tactics are to lure in other players to your location, for nothing more than the sheer fun of stirring up a bit of mischief and malevolent behavior in a boring lobby.

Here's some of mine:

• Go to top of FIB building and text other players that "hacker dude is dropping free money bags!"
• Call other players on the ingame phone, relentlessly ($10 per call, btw).
• Send muggers and mercs on nearby player whose done nothing to me.

• Lock CEO associates in shops using a car to block the door and just taunt the player from outside using "Jerk" action.

• Go Passive and enter an area where other players are, then call the Cops, Fire, and a Taxi.

I'm sure there are lots of other methods, which I'd love to know more about! 

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom! Cheers! :)

0_0.jpg

• livejoker, joel15cat, Arrows to Athens and 5 others like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Put ignition bomb on any of the NPC custom cars. Works almost every time.
  • Cackling Jack likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Sanches, 3 weeks ago.

Telling that you're doing money giveaway or playing as a female character usually a good way to lure players to you.

From my experience, when i see a money beggar, sometimes i ask my friend to tell him to roll by. Then i put stickies on my friend's back, then boom.

Spoiler
  • Cackling Jack, BuzzSaw_U_All, SHOKKERZ91 and 1 other like this

.Diana McFarland.
  • .Diana McFarland.

Stomping Out Lesser Females Everywhere.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Diana 2016
    Best Diana 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

I pretended to be a friendly busdrivers and i was yelling at everyone on mic to join in and get on the bus

i drove like 20ppl down to LSIA and blew the buss up and had a monstrous kill feed.

was funny.

nobody got mad because they said it was clever

• fw3, N R G and 79'Blazer4x4 like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Furry_Monkey, 3 weeks ago.

I like hiding in the subway when I have a bounty, but I make sure to go under a building that's got a good roof for hiding on, so everyone thinks I'm up there.  Then I start to text players who come looking for me, taunting them with classics like, "Top kek"

• HARBUJAHN, gtafan26, fw3 and 3 others like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 3 weeks ago.

Y'all doing too much. Just stand in a store or get a haircut. Literally. Just stand/sit there... The bottom-feeders, the lowest common denominators will come for you without fail. Hell, you can literally sit in one spot on the map for a bit, and they'll come.
  • livejoker, Cutter De Blanc, Azaan60 and 7 others like this

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

Start a 7k sale from the bunker.

Wait somewhere remote and isolated with that big red blip stuck on your face.

Select your favorite weapon.......Aim for the head.....slooowly...
  • fw3 likes this

_47_
  • _47_

Air Mercenary Contractor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by _47_, 3 weeks ago.

Kill a player that likes to rage on chat. Let the rage nerd chase you to a building or a subway with only one or two exits. Throw some proxies down and let the fun begin. I've killed a few rage nerds at least 10 times with that tactic. I could almost hear the faint screaming through the angry words on the chat box as I was laughing myself to tears. 

• fw3 likes this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Let them drive batmobile with sticky bomb.
  • the J is for Julia likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Start Haulage in a crowded session, preferably in an MOC cab.

Y'all doing too much. Just stand in a store or get a haircut. Literally. Just stand/sit there... The bottom-feeders, the lowest common denominators will come for you without fail. Hell, you can literally sit on spot on the map for a bit, and they'll come.

This.
  • SkylineGTRFreak and fw3 like this

TheDoombringer
  • TheDoombringer

Old Man in training

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

tell them you have a karin snipe :lol:

• fw3, Spadge, Spectre "2K" and 1 other like this

johnwontscore
  • johnwontscore

aka Dr Ripper

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by johnwontscore, 3 weeks ago.

Do hostile takeover at the LSIA when the city has a lot of players there. Use an insurgent pickup with a friend on the gun. Spam mines and chase everyone. Don't bother delivering the package, just kill. Best fun you can have in this game.
  • joel15cat, Furry_Monkey and the J is for Julia like this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Play Piracy Prevention on Vespucci Beach and text other players that "hacker dude is dropping free money bags!" and kill them all.
Or play Fully Loaded and text to other players "come with a Hydra, nub".

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Get into a tank.

• livejoker and Bongsquirrel like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

a sense of pride and accomplishment

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by livejoker, 3 weeks ago.

Play as a female character. 8/10 you'll have someone offering you Zentorno rides.

Play music in your mic. Shaggy "It Wasn't Me" on repeat is a good choice. Sing along only to "It wasn't me" part.

Keep your mic on and have a conversation with someone in the room you're in. Or just mutter things to yourself. Coughing optional.

Start narrating everything you do. Try your best to do a Morgan Freeman impersonation. Making buying snacks the most fascinating thing possible.

Now this won't attract any friendlies or enemies, just for laughs, but ask everyone if they know about the newest DLC: Beachbum. Deny what others are saying about bunker/hangar/CEO/biker nonsense. Call them "big fat lairs!"

Ask who wants to fight, really. That usually works.

Spoiler

• SkylineGTRFreak, We Are Ninja, fw3 and 3 others like this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Put on horrible music and tell the lobby youll turn it off once someone finds and kills you. Insult everyone and their mother to speed up the process

Now hide in the sewers, but find one of those stairs that looks like it leads up to the street. It doesnt, it just goes around some railing to a dead end. But if you climb up and hide behind the pillar, no one can find you. Theyll have to get out of their car and climb up there to find you.

Ive never been found there. Best hiding spot in the game. I did it once playing the chicken dance song loudly on a loop, it was so f*cking annoying
  • HARBUJAHN, fw3 and Red Lynx 23 like this

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

allahu akbar

• HARBUJAHN, Arrows to Athens and El-Gaddafii like this

Beez
  • Beez

Given To Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Bounty train

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

"who wants money-drop?" Then they check my stats and they come like flies to sh*t. Works everytime. :sigh:

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Send mercenaries, bounty and mug the loudest/rudest on mic player in a full lobby.

Excrescent
  • Excrescent

add me on ps4 yo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Excrescent, 3 weeks ago.

Start a Piracy Prevention or just stand on your yacht. You don't even have to be doing anything. Eventually you'll notice someone on the coast trying their hardest to snipe you with thermal.

Text them "vote trump for 2020" <- Dude this always works, I got a submarine and went allll the way to the back of the map, all the way under a rock at the very bottom of the ocean, and then simply spammed that to everyone's phone. 20 people working together to kill me. sh*t, I even brought bloods and crips, grove street and ballas together using this simple method. LOL.

Get on the mic and play terrible music or call everyone noobs and bragging about how good you are at the game.

Be a low level in general. This is self-explanatory.

Get a Hydra, go Ghost. Kill literally everyone in the lobby in 2 minutes, then when it expires, take the easy way out. LOL everyone would be dying to match the score with you. The funniest part is they'll start killing each other and you can go get a haircut or something. Kick back and relax while they slaughter each other for absolutely no reason, other than coming in contact while trying to get a revenge kill on you. 

• Red Lynx 23, Spectre "2K" and chef_archie like this

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 3 weeks ago

I kill random players then text them lol when they try kill me. T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D
  • Watain and Happy Hunter like this

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago

When people play lousy, talentless, repetitive, autotuned and generally annoying "money-n-bitches"-style rap over their mic, do the same thing to them but with the harshest and most distorted black metal instead. Pick a place, get ready, and start sending some souls to the virtual hell. I usually keep it simple. A few stickys here and there and some large guns.

• PaeganLoveSong likes this

HonorableMan
  • HonorableMan

Praetor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hang out in Rockford Hills with the Anti-Aircraft Trailer parked in an alleyway. For some reason people in Rockford Hills must at least investigate every blip- especially when said blip is rare and unfamiliar to them.

When they present themselves, shred with Meat Chopper. Repeat. Laugh.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just, quite literally, have to drive around.

I don't even have to do anything, somebody always comes to pester me, specially those jetbikes, it seems like I'm a magnet to them.

Which is why the Vigilante is so good, no special blip on the radar means I can cover myself while waiting until a jetbike comes around the corner, then it's a all matter shooting first and blasting away using the boost, works everytime.
  • chef_archie and Happy Hunter like this

Da Elite Ninjah
  • Da Elite Ninjah

Ninja

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Only one legit way.

Kill them. 

But if you have absolutely NO SKILL at all.... you can always annoy people with your mic.. SMH.

CarcerCityMadMan
  • CarcerCityMadMan

I am the UNICORN

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like to use bounties to lure.Just need to be in a busy lobby someone usually comes along

• JustCallMeNiko likes this

adrilp
  • adrilp

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by adrilp, 3 weeks ago.

Here is something that worked for me sometimes. Find a random kid (who is usually who will belive that) and tell him to help you with a "New Money Glitch" and if it works you would help him back.
Invent some steeps, and include something that can make him thrust you, then end that "Glitch" killing him as the final steep.
Repeat with an excuse that you need to do it more times for more profit or just say it failed, then you can do or:
1) Tell him it worked, and when he starts doing your "Awesome" steps leave the session, he will probably message you asking why you left or if you can help him or something like that. You can ignore or keep the fun.
2) You show the truth, probably would end in rage from the kid, going for vengance or rage quit the session.

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Start head hunter yes go silly player make yourself my target :D 

• fw3 likes this

daricusGTA
  • daricusGTA

Leader of "Ninth Hell" crew.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Call in a tank, and immediately before getting in start the "Executive Search" VIP mission, then drive into the area.  You and your tank are now off radar within that area for the duration, no stars.  It's pretty fun, but honestly you don't even need the tank, easy enough with standard weapons.  Try not to kill them until they're around the middle of the area so they keep spawning in your trap.  :)

• HARBUJAHN, gtafan26, Cackling Jack and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users