Photo

GTA Vice City VS GTA 3

32 replies to this topic
Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Penguin Bob, A day ago.

Vice City for me, sorry GTA 3 fans. EDIT: I do love GTA 3 but i prefer Vice City because of the improvements. 

• jaljax likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

I globally prefer Vice City even if I appreciate GTA 3 a lot.

• ClaudeIzABadAzz and Penguin Bob like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I started out with Gta III , but i'd have to prefer Vice City even though it's a expansion for Gta III in my eye's i still consider it the best in the series.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

It is a thread really necessary? Is the same thing with a few improvements here and there.

• jaljax likes this

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Vice city from protagonist and city in liberty city i felt like I couldn't really have an escape from the violence and just the environment in vice city I can be by little Haiti collecting my assets and little Havana feeling depressed and then next even at my mansion there will be occasional shootings that I like to get away from and I can go down and stay at the hotel of ocean Beach and party at the Malibu club by the time I beat gta 3 it's opposite everyday I gotta leave and think about which different gang wants to kill me today

I think if Claude talked and actually showed emotion it's like all that he knows is that hes alive and exist
  • Penguin Bob likes this

Coops95
  • Coops95

Camhack Video Editor

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Coops95, A week ago.

GTA III for me but Vice City is generally better, it got some considerably high awards too.

You see I have a favourite GTA, but easily accept that other GTA's are generally known to be better. Don't know why people create fanboyism in individual GTA titles, it's Grand Theft Auto.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

GTA III is an okayish game, quite overrated though. Those who haven't played Mafia 1, which actually has a strong story, physics, beautiful graphics, and realistic gameplay - might get into III and regard it as "some great thing", other wise I don't find myself ever playing this boring game. 

Vice city is the game that I still like playing. It's not as great as Mafia 1 but it's definitely better than III.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, A week ago.

I choose Vice City. GTA III's a good game, but the leaps and bounds Vice City made in just a year are extraordinary. GTA III''s still my second favourite 3D era GTA though.

GTA III is an okayish game, quite overrated though. Those who haven't played Mafia 1, which actually has a strong story, physics, beautiful graphics, and realistic gameplay - might get into III and regard it as "some great thing", other wise I don't find myself ever playing this boring game. 

Vice city is the game that I still like playing. It's not as great as Mafia 1 but it's definitely better than III.

Where does it say "GTA III vs Vice City vs Mafia 1" Osho? Still dragging games into threads that aren't even being discussed. You'll never change.

• jaljax and Penguin Bob like this

Emo_Amz
  • Emo_Amz

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted A week ago

Having played neither ad only going on what I've saw, I'd say Vice City looks the better game of the 2.
  • Penguin Bob likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Eh, who? It looks like somebody is confused and thinking about someone else that wasn't me. Not sure why.

Regarding Mafia 1. Both games were released within a years' time, and regarded as great games during it's time, but Mafia 1 deserves to be rated better for reasons I already mentioned. I was just making it easy for myself to choose between Vice City and III by citing another great game of it's time which has impressed me over III. There's nothing wrong here. 

• Penguin Bob likes this

BowlingMaster
  • BowlingMaster

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I really like 3. It has no map and you felt threatened by the city hostility towards Claude. This made the experience awesome for me.

• Penguin Bob likes this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

vice city has that charm to it that keeps me coming back for more, but GTA 3 is a better game in my opinion. Vice City is more or less just a rehash with a few new tweeks. so I choose GTA 3.
  • Penguin Bob likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Eh, who? It looks like somebody is confused and thinking about someone else that wasn't me. Not sure why.

Do I look like I'd be the type of person who would get confused? 

• Penguin Bob likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Both games are good, but I prefer Vice City over GTA3. The soundtrack and the atmosphere is just great.

• Penguin Bob likes this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Hey guys, not trying to be a dickhead but, this is Vice City VS GTA 3, not Mafia. lol

• Algonquin Assassin, Jeansowaty, jaljax and 1 other like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 6 days ago

Vice City

Gta III is nostalgia as much as Vice City , but it had many flaw's. It's understandable though because that was they're first step up into making the series 3D 

• Algonquin Assassin and Penguin Bob like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

It was relevant to the topic since both games were being developed along side, released within a year, and set in fictional american cities aiming for a more gritty feel of the mob life. It's only the time in which both games take place, and the realism aspect, that separates them. But my apologies, if people felt it was not on topic.

To add further, GTA III clearly suffers from some of the major flaws that may be easy to overlook for it's time, but if I've to play these games now, then Vice City clearly has some improvements over III that makes it easy for me to get into playing them. I actually love the atmosphere of GTA III. Being a fan of cartoonish graphics over real life like visuals, III and VC, both games offer such a unique atmosphere that I can enjoy walking, or driving around the map without getting bored. The soundtrack was also great in both games.

It's only on technical grounds III falls behind VC, even though the latter still has some annoying issues, mainly, the cops aggression which is a big flaw in both games.

Other than the atmosphere, I never got into III. A large portion of the missions were just boring errands. Some of the missions are really memorable for the amount of freedom they offer to the players, which is remarkable for both III and VC. The driving was also terrible in III. The shooting mechanics were also not that great. But, the biggest downside was the lack of an interesting protagonist. Tommy, and his story are miles better than Claude, and his not-so-interesting revenge story.

• Penguin Bob likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 days ago

As much as i love ViceCity i think it looks more cartoonish than GTA3, but i cant choose between the 2 as i love them both im a big fan of all the 3D era gtas

Matty
  • Matty

• Australia

Posted 5 days ago

GTA: Vice City.

GTA III was a massive breakthrough for the GTA series, and video gaming in general, at the time of its release; but Vice City is an improvement over GTA III in almost every conceivable way IMO.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Breaking Bad like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Crackhead

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 4 days ago

I love 3, especially when you progress a few mission and then the half of city want to chop your head off.
  • Evil empire likes this

Fishmoly
  • Fishmoly

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 4 days ago

GTA Vice City wins the race obviously. Although gta 3 had its own dignity, VC is more of a revolutionary game.

Crossbones
  • Crossbones

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Gta Vice City anytime.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Jeansowaty, 4 days ago.

It depends. Both of them are on equal footing imo. III has a better map and atmosphere while VC has better features and storyline. It's a tie.

In general, I tend to play a modded copy of Vice City with the GTA3 map, peds, vehicles etc. and many more custom stuff. The ultimate 3D Era GTA for me.

• Rebel Yell and Penguin Bob like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Journey_95, 3 days ago.

GTA 3 is a groundbreaking game but VC is overall basically a better version of it (better protagonist, story, atmosphere, city etc.)

Overall a superior game in every way imho. I have only played GTA 3 once, its kind of a chore to go back but VC is a game that you can replay often.

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

Don't mess with Cuphead!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 2 days ago

Both are good, but I prefer GTA 3, because i love the environment and the story, i certainly dislike Vice City coz in my personal opinion i don't like 80's and the missions are pretty hard in that game 😫

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A day ago Edited by Markhosdangerous, A day ago.

I love 3, especially when you progress a few mission and then the half of city want to chop your head off.

Exactly for this and the ambience is why I prefer GTA Vice city lol, I mean you cannot even put your feet into Salvatore's territory anymore, you will be literally blown up within seconds

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A day ago

3 because Vice City's map is sh*t.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Vice City is way better. The Map could be debated, but size isn't everything. Vice City's map is far more memorable to me, there didn't feel like there was any useless sections. Way more interiors too in Vice City with a business system & buying properties. 

I thought Tommy was a better protagonist, thought the Missions were more fun, the Music was definitely better (I'm a sucker for 80's).

If I'm picking between GTA III or Vice City for a replay, it'll always be VC for me. Every single time.

• Journey_95 likes this

Pottatto
  • Pottatto

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A day ago

Hard choice for me, but I'll go for Vice City. 3's map feels bigger and with much more to explore, but Vice City is way better in terms of soundtrack, atmosphere and story IMO.

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A day ago

Both are good, but I prefer GTA 3, because i love the environment and the story, i certainly dislike Vice City coz in my personal opinion i don't like 80's and the missions are pretty hard in that game

All missions in Vice City are so easy lol.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users