Photo

10th year anniversary

14 replies to this topic
Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Square Civilian

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Colonel _Cortez, 3 weeks ago.

In 5 months GTA 4 will be 10 years old.

Do you think there will be a anniversary? I don't expect any remakes or ports for mobile devices (obviously). Probably just some add-ons for GTA Online.

GTA Vicecitytsories was neglected completely, so i have my doubts Rockstar will even bother mentioning it...

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 3 weeks ago.

Judging how Rockstar completelly ignored the 20th anniversary of the GTA series, I doubt a single game will have any special treatment.

I am looking fowards for the GTA Series Videos' Anniversary Trailer tho.

• Mega, Legomanarthur, Journey_95 and 3 others like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well they completely abandoned VCS (as you said) which many players would have liked to see remastered (me!), but GTA IV is a bit different I reckon. IV was the first HD game, and people freaked over it when it came out so who knows if Rockstar'll do something. Chances are though that they'll leave IV behind to continue making money off Online.

• jaljax and Colonel _Cortez like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

if there's a chance for additional income they may do something, but I guess a brief mention on the newswire will be all we can get.

• Colonel _Cortez likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Probably just an acknowledgment on their newswire to be realistic. Love the game or not it was still an important part of R*s current crop so Id be shocked if they didnt do anything at all.
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No, they won't. Coz they know that if they remaster it, all other players will stop playing GTA0. No 0, no more money comin' in or nothing.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

GET OFF MY BACK GERALD. PISS OFF AND TAKE THIS L

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 3 weeks ago.

@OP: Some still speculate that IV still
wouldn't run smoothly on high end devices. If for whatever random reason IV was being ported to mobile they would probably have to slightly down grade IV's graphics in order to run smoothly. That's "if" R* thought about a mobile release.

R* these days don't really give a flying f*ck about anything anymore. The only thing they still care about is that sh*tty gta online is still bringing them loads and loads of money. That's pretty much all they care about these days. Part of a reason why VCS mobile was scrapped and lost :cry: R* changed a long ass time ago though so i'm not surprise tbh.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No, they won't. Coz they know that if they remaster it, all other players will stop playing GTA0. No 0, no more money comin' in or nothing.

People would not stop playing GTA O for a IV remaster. IV is a more niche game than GTA O, if anything they'd find a way to profit off it's anniversary in GTA Online as well. Actually that's probably all they will do.

Legomanarthur
  • Legomanarthur

We all want peace! But my peace, not their f*cking peace

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm having a hard time realizing that GTA IV will soon be 10 years old, honestly Rockstar should definitely do some sort of tribute for this game, after all it started the HD era, it has to mean something for them. But as it's been said before, if they didn't do anything for the 20 years of GTA, I hardly think that they will do anything for this game, perhaps some sort of adversary mode for GTA O, meh...

This is quite sad come to think about it, it feels like everyone involved into these games forgot about their past work and that they just want to deny it all to move forward, I mean, not doing anything for the 20 years of GTA, not even a tribute video is pretty disappointing, it's like R* wants everyone to forget about their games or something.

Only time will tell I guess.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC and Brian_O_Malley like this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Kill them assholes! Man, this is a good sandwich.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MrPeteyMax, 3 weeks ago.

I can't wait for a GTA IV Steam update which will break the game, the mods, and remove 30% of the radio songs!

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Probably just an acknowledgment on their newswire to be realistic. Love the game or not it was still an important part of R*s current crop so Id be shocked if they didnt do anything at all.

The new blood at R* don't give a sh*t about the past games. And its Ironic because to work for them you have to have passion and aknowledgement for their past titles to create a vision for the future. 

I really will surprised if they dont even put out a newswire about it. Goes to show that the old R* died a long time ago.

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love how something as trivial as an anniversary can be used as proof for r* completely selling out

OT I really hope for better optimization and fix some of the roads for f*cks sake some in bohan and southern alderney are wider than highways.

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do you really think they will bother editing the map of a 10 year old game?

The more time passes, the less they apparently care about their brilliant past.
  • DoctorMike likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

Kinda forgot until now, but 10 years an 2 days ago, we saw what the box art of one of the best games ever made looks like for the first time:

And in 6 days, the 3rd Trailer will complete 10 years.

• Legomanarthur and temp0.crazy like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

But they did celebrate 20 years of gta..... earlier in the year with the steaming pile of garbage called Tiny Racers 😒 LA Noire has given me hope that R* is capable of re releasing old games but still this might be celebrated by a gta online LC map expansion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users