Quantcast

» «
Photo

Stupid Little Kids saying this game sucks..

14 replies to this topic
Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just don't understand....WHY? This is what happens when GTA V comes out, all the little ass kids saying GTA 1 SUCKS ASS, LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS, IT SUCKS. Ok, what did you expect from a 1997 game? To have 2014 graphics? This is why i despise of GTA V. One of the main reasons why this game was underrated.  

• Jeansowaty likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Can i ask you how old you are ?

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Can i ask you how old you are ?

I am 23. Why?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ok? I mean Im not exactly GTA Vs biggest fan, but I dont really see any reason to hate the game because some kids dont like GTA 1. Sure its a classic, but even for its time it was plagued with issues like the disorienting camera and I played this game in 1998.

I respect its the grandfather of the series, but I could understand how a modern gamer might find something as archaic as GTA 1 hard to get into.
  • Tomasak, Pastry, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ok? I mean Im not exactly GTA Vs biggest fan, but I dont really see any reason to hate the game because some kids dont like GTA 1. Sure its a classic, but even for its time it was plagued with issues like the disorienting camera and I played this game in 1998.

I respect its the grandfather of the series, but I could understand how a modern gamer might find something as archaic as GTA 1 hard to get into.

I don't hate the game. 

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think it's something that applies to many things (music, films, etc) and not just video games. The new generations of fans come in and they relate more to what is current. 

Speaking as an old-school gamer (I remember when the Atari 2600 was new) I still enjoy GTA1 from time to time. Sure, it has its flaws. But, most games do. 

• datonepotato likes this

Nico
  • Nico

Doctor doctor, what is wrong with me?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I am 23.

Liar.

I don't hate the game.

If you were any closer to 23 you would have understood his comment better. He never stated that you hate the game.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 4 weeks ago.

As a person who wasn't around back when GTA 1 was released, I have never been able to get into the game, in fact I've never even played it. The killer for me is not the graphics, it's the top down perspective. I love the 3D GTAs, VC is my favourite and III is as far back as I'll go for the GTA series.

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chrome horses with pink dollar horseshoes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have played the classic GTA games when I was young. While they did kickstart my favorite video game franchise of all time, I do think that GTA 1 was a game that was bad even for it's time. The driving in it and in GTA 2 is terrible with the bird's eye view camera, which means you're gonna slam into a car more often can you think of because you won't see it coming and, a lot of times, it's going to be a cop car. Shooting is awkward in both games due to how hard it is to aim, the games had no plot and only some missions are memorable (like the one in GTA 2 where you kidnap civillians to transform them into hotdogs).

As nostalgic and unique they might be, they're not really worth too much praise. I like them, but I find them to just simply be mediocre and incredibly frustrating due to the dated mechanics.

• -Anti- and damnimsowasted like this

kidtwist81
  • kidtwist81

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

I have played the classic GTA games when I was young. While they did kickstart my favorite video game franchise of all time, I do think that GTA 1 was a game that was bad even for it's time. The driving in it and in GTA 2 is terrible with the bird's eye view camera, which means you're gonna slam into a car more often can you think of because you won't see it coming and, a lot of times, it's going to be a cop car. Shooting is awkward in both games due to how hard it is to aim, the games had no plot and only some missions are memorable (like the one in GTA 2 where you kidnap civillians to transform them into hotdogs).

As nostalgic and unique they might be, they're not really worth too much praise. I like them, but I find them to just simply be mediocre and incredibly frustrating due to the dated mechanics.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. I think its probably a good thing that the general public didn't agree with your sentiment back then as if they did then this company wouldn't be here now. This game was literally groundbreaking in its day. I played it plenty and never had any issues with the "problems" you describe. Its commercial success (and I would argue its cult following) paved the way for newer games to come. 

The top down perspective was also not a "new" phenomenon back then as we had the likes of Smash TV and many other arcade classics (coin ops) to give us the necessary skills to compete in such an arena. As for aiming being difficult, it really wasn't. You just had to be on the same axis (X,Y) as your opponent in order to score a hit. If anything it was simplistic, in its purest form. Again, very reminiscent of other titles of the time. 

It had no real plot because it didn't need one. You went to a payphone, you answered it and you did whatever it told you to do. At the end of the day if you were lucky enough you got a message from Bald Man Sonnetti's hitman, and if you didnt you started the level from scratch. It was an arcade style game with a twist. Lots of games back then had loose story arcs and bare bones plots to sew action sequences together, this one was no different. Anything which stopped you from getting to the action was an unnecessary distraction. Hitting the bonus multipliers for mission success was all you needed to concentrate on. Well, that and stomping Hare Krishnas.. but thats another story. 

If you grew up with these type of games you would have probably had much more success with them but if you tried to play them as a younger gamer I would probably concur that it was a struggle. However I think your criticisms are borne out of frustration due to lack of success rather than any flaws in the game. I was 16 when the game first came out and I played the 8 minute demo from PC gamer to death until I got my hands on the full game. At uni a few years later one of the highlights of my time in halls of residence was playing 4 player death match on GTA over a lan connection. 

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I am 23.

Liar.

I don't hate the game.

If you were any closer to 23 you would have understood his comment better. He never stated that you hate the ga

Whoops, i thought he was talking to me. SORRY

I am 23.

Liar.

I don't hate the game.

If you were any closer to 23 you would have understood his comment better. He never stated that you hate the game.

What does being older has to do with understanding comments?

HeteroDahmer
  • HeteroDahmer

I was JosephStalin

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HeteroDahmer, 3 weeks ago.

Take that chip off your shoulder Grandpa. :cry:

I don't think it's a bad game because of the graphics or V, in fact, it's not a bad game, just an extremely dated game which has not aged that well. I'm a die-hard GTA fan and even I find it hard to play for longer than 20 mins very occasionally, GTA 2 was in hindsight a MAJOR upgrade & still an enjoyable game to play, so really GTA 2 would be the biggest reason why 1 doesn't do much for me anymore.

• Tomasak and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

My question is why does this topic even exist lol? Other's have they're own opinion's ....Not everyone is going to go with yours just saying so just let them think that lol .

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

My question is why does this topic even exist lol? Other's have they're own opinion's ....Not everyone is going to go with yours just saying so just let them think that lol .

Well, let me explain it. I know, we all have our own opinions, but it's just the little ass kids who get pissed off. I have seen this comment before. "Look at the graphics, this game sucks. GTA 5 looks better" And more on. But you do have a point. How do you delete topics? lol

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ask a moderator for a topic's deletion.

Oh, and since I'm here, GTA has terrible vehicle control and I find the lack of "save" annoying :p

• jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users