something wrong with my controller?

17 replies to this topic
MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago

when i do heists,, pacific standard job, and take the bikes, i can't activate the turbo boost, and when i accelerate and break at the same time, for that spin off effect, same thing happens,  the car won't respond, but i can accelerate and break, just not simultaneously, did something in my control settings change?

Scuba 21
  • Scuba 21

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

No most likely right trigger is worn if we're referring to PS4.
Check and see if you can do a burnout in normal vehicle.
  • HARBUJAHN, We Are Ninja and WickedHandzz like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Check and see if you can do a burnout in normal vehicle.C

Couldn't of put it better myself

You got a flying/racing pad op

MatthewKeegan
  • MatthewKeegan

Grand Theft Auto

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago

Check and see if you can do a burnout in normal vehicle.

im on the PS4 yes

it can't be worn out because when i press L3 the horn works, just not when i'm on heists missiom, and like i said acceleration and breaking works as well

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

You have fallen victim of the dreaded PS4 right controller R2 button syndrome.

Can't peel out.

Two solutions:

1. Buy a new controller (which happen to be on sale @ $40 a pop Black Friday sale)

2. Attempt a repair.

I was successful with the second option. Can seem dauntings, but worked by simply placing a bb sized roll of paper in the R2 button space. Put it back together and sure enuff I can peel out again.

Yeah it sounds far fetched but it worked, there's a video out there demonstrating & @ first didn't believe it myself.

Good luck

:) I Chang

N R G
  • N R G

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 3 weeks ago

I had a problem with my PS4 controller, I made a thread about why I wasn't going as fast as cars of the same type in races in non-contact and why I seemed to fall behind. Turned out my right trigger was worn so I went and bought a new controller. Problem solved for me. You could always try switching controller setup but it might be a nuisance to re-learn the controller setup.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ah

The dreaded R2 problem. Buy a new controller OP. Next thing you know you'll be stuck in shooting animations and your super cars won't hit their true top speed.
  • HARBUJAHN likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by REXX, 3 weeks ago.

There is a simple way to check R2 and L2. Get a car with an Exhaust mod installed and simply hold the handbrake and rev with R2 and then L2. If you get a backfire from the exhaust, your triggers are fine :)

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Rafae, 3 weeks ago.

^ Also if your RPMs don't max out (first person dashboard view) your controller needs to be fixed
  • REXX likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I also recommend switching R2 and L2 for L1 and L2 since GTA is a game that requires you to press the triggers really hard so obviously they're going to get f*cked quickly.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 weeks ago

I also recommend switching R2 and L2 for L1 and L2 since GTA is a game that requires you to press the triggers really hard so obviously they're going to get f*cked quickly.

That would essentially make the function for accelerating and decelerating as 'on or off' buttons - any keyboard player will tell you they're disadvantaged by that factor alone. 

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

FREEROAM PREDATOR RANK:561__K/D:18.93 GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Ah

The dreaded R2 problem. Buy a new controller OP. Next thing you know you'll be stuck in shooting animations and your super cars won't hit their true top speed.

Got this problem with mine mate i thought rockstar had messed with the drags topspeed when trying the ocean tt.

Yet my original pads r2 is sound but the left sticks buggered, 

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 weeks ago

If you're questioning if your controller is working correctly or not you can download the program in the link below to your computer to check if most functions is working or not: http://ds4windows.com

I have two controllers that R2 button only gives around 80% of full input. I've fixed one and you can find videos on YouTube on how to fix it. The program showed 80% input on R2 trigger on the controller I didn't fix and showed 100% on the controller I fixed so it's actually working, you can also check R3 L3 working but I didn't think about pushing down to see if that works

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I had the exact same issue. I couldn't activate KERS on the heist bikes, and I couldn't do a burnout. I was also losing to cars that were identical to mine in foot races. As everyone else has pointed out, your R2 trigger is toast. It's the grommet that sits behind the trigger, actually. Because of inexplicably bad design, the back of the R2 trigger cuts into the rubber grommet/pad that sits behind it. If you endeavor to replace it, you'll see exactly what I mean. I actually have a post about it on here somewhere, but I'm too lazy to fix it. Like everyone else has said, you can buy a new one, or fix your current one. The repair is quite easy, and you can order the grommets for like 10 cents apiece.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

lol at all these "buy a new controller" comments.   Disassemble the controller, and clean the contacts on the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol or replace the rubber contact pad, and reassemble it. I've never had to buy a new controller, ever.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I did the first time. Then, when the R2 trigger on the second one did the same thing, I replaced the grommet. When R2 trigger did it AGAIN after replacment, I was done with DS4s.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I did the first time. Then, when the R2 trigger on the second one did the same thing, I replaced the grommet. When R2 trigger did it AGAIN after replacment, I was done with DS4s.

I've had the same PS4 controller for the past 4 years and it works flawlessly. It's about the owner and how they use it, not the equipment. If you're sitting there slamming the button down and mashing it into the controller it will split apart faster. Especially if you repair it with crappy 99 cent chinese parts and not OEM parts with thicker rubber.

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I've had the same PS4 controller for the past 4 years and it works flawlessly. It's about the owner and how they use it, not the equipment. If you're sitting there slamming the button down and mashing it into the controller it will split apart faster. Especially if you repair it with crappy 99 cent chinese parts and not OEM parts with thicker rubber.

Late response, but I just now saw this... I'm quite proficient at taking care of controllers. I own several hundred of them. No exaggeration. The DS4 is just crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users