Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grand Theft Auto III other logos on discs (PS2 PAL)

6 replies to this topic
J23Krystian
  • J23Krystian

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Hey there everybody I've got question because i'm going to buy GTA 3 to my GTA collection on PS2 and there's a problem some of discs have just logo GTA III on disc and the other ones got GRAND THEFT AUTO III logo and what's the difference between this?

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

"Grand Theft Auto" is American police-speech for "a vehicle has been stolen". It means virtually nothing in overseas countries, especially ones that don't use English natively. Next consider how many people, when talking about the games, say "GTA" instead of "Grand Theft Auto". It's a marketing thing, a brand. It's not that they can't call it Grand Theft Auto overseas, it's just more likely that consumers know it as GTA.

J23Krystian
  • J23Krystian

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

I know what means Grand theft auto but I'm going to buy GTA 3 yeah. and there are two different discs one is with GTA3 logo the other one is with GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 and what's difference between them because there are some german versions with no blood and other stuff you know what i mean?

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 6 days ago

The game is censored by default in its french version and according to what i red also in its german version, apart for it all the other versiosn seem to be gore.

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

The game is censored by default in its french version and according to what i red also in its german version, apart for it all the other versiosn seem to be gore.

Nope, Australian version has some restrictions too.

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

FeelsAmazingMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Gravarty, 5 days ago.

Yeah the german version lacks of blood, rampages, gore, pick up money from dead bodies .. oh and you can't kick people. But that was 16 years ago, today all GTA's are no longer censored (Steam version). It would be kinda silly to rerelease all gta games again..  :D Strangely enough, the PS4 version is still cut and requires you to set the console language to english to play it uncut.

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by thehambone, 2 days ago.

This video by Vadim M. gives a good comparison of the GTA 3 versions from different regions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users