What if GTA V & San Andreas switched?

8 replies to this topic
prettydamnbored
  • prettydamnbored

JBKs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

What if GTA V & San Andreas switched? Let's say that GTA V was released in 2004 and GTA: SA was released in 2013. The gameplay and story is still the same but the only thing that has changed is that GTA V now has SA's graphics and vice versa. 

Would some of those people think that GTA V was more legendary than San Andreas and that San Andreas will never be able to top GTA V?

This just popped up in my mind while watching a few GTA V and San Andreas comparison videos so I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

Then the series would have been going progressively better and that's a good thing.
  • B Dawg, Rented, ROCKSTAR MANIC and 1 other like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Seeing as I'm not exactly head over heels for either game, but for me at least San Andreas having better graphics wouldn't do anything to change my mind on it.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I think the series would suffer the Need For Speed effect: people would be confused about the series' many changes in a short time: From the insanely arcade physics of Vice City to the 'Realism' of V (Not actual realism, just compared to Vice it is), then there are the arcade Stories, and then the Realism of IV/EFLC,  and finally the Arcade of San Andreas. This could make fans very confused.

Also, this would mean GTA:Online in 2004. Sure, there were Multiplayer titles in 2004, but GTA:O would be too ambitious for the time, specially for consoles like the PS2 that didn't need to be plugged to Internet, it would make it very hard to download updates. Also, this would mean 'Shark Cards yo!' in 2004, which, if it was at least slightly successful, could change the way the series is. Maybe GTA IV's multiplayer would also be made around Shark Cards, and maybe even San Andreas would get the same threatment.

As for the people who disrespect a game or another without actually playing it, they are afraid. They are afraid of new experiences. "What if that new experience is better than the thing I've been cheering and fighting for my entire life? What if my enemy is correct, and I'm not? I don't want to be incorrect. I'm a human, I want to win." This causes biases and people fighting eachother without actually understanding the other's point of view, in a way RCR can explain better than me.

• ViceBoy69 likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Then there are people who still blast you for not liking a game  even though you are a die hard gta fan and have every game and have played them all and have arigh to comment. You just cant win on here sometimes.

As an answer to the question i cant really say because im not a fan of SA or V even though ive played both and own them, dont get me wrong SA when it came out blew me away it looked good still does, but V has never pushed my buttons i will have a play with it sometimes but it just doesnt hold my attention.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, A week ago.

V would probably have been good and ahead of its time in this case, kinda like SA was. Also, underdeveloped features like stats and properties would've been more forgivable in 2004. Story would still be a crock of sh*t however.
  • ViceBoy69 likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

crock of sh*t  LMAO that about sums it up :)

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 6 days ago

San Andreas already tops GTA V, by a mile
  • Light Syde Riandy likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 6 days ago

V would probably have been good and ahead of its time in this case, kinda like SA was. Also, underdeveloped features like stats and properties would've been more forgivable in 2004. Story would still be a crock of sh*t however.

In GTA V's defense if it was released in 2004 in its current state without the current visuals the protagonist switching, wildlife, far more in depth customisation etc would've been pretty amazing on the PS2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users