Photo

Contact missions with lots of shooting

50 replies to this topic
MikeTower
  • MikeTower

I am not nice

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by MikeTower, 4 weeks ago.

Sometimes I feel like there is not enough standard run'n'gun (or cover'n'gun) action in GTA:O. Yes, this game isn't a pure shooter, and should not be, but still I'd like more missions like Humane Lab Raid heist in a ground team or Pier Pressure, where the point of the mission is to get on your feet, pick up a gun and wreck a decent amount of NPC sh*t. Could you suggest any contact missions with a large amount of shootouts? Preferably those that can be done well enough with 2 people. I know that almost every contact mission can be soloed, but we know there are some really difficult ones out there.

Sammionna
  • Sammionna

Penguin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Sometimes I feel like there is not enough standard run'n'gun (or cover'n'gun) action in GTA:O. Yes, this game isn't a pure shooter, and should not be, but still I'd like more missions like Humane Lab Raid heist in a ground team or Pier Pressure, where the point of the mission is to get on your feet, pick up a gun and wreck a decent amount of NPC sh*t. Could you suggest any contact missions with a large amount of shootouts? Preferably those that can be done well enough with 2 people. 

There are tons of contact missions that solely involve shooting at enemies.

• Gtaman_92, hei3enberg, Arrows to Athens and 4 others like this

Spectre "2K"
  • Spectre "2K"

New Hades' Finest

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Los Santos Connection if you want to do it on foot, Cleaning the Cathouse, Hit 'Em Up, No Hay Bronca, and Landing Strip come to mind

• livejoker, hei3enberg, SaveTheZombies and 4 others like this

MikeTower
  • MikeTower

I am not nice

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by MikeTower, 4 weeks ago.

Los Santos Connection if you want to do it on foot, Cleaning the Cathouse, Hit 'Em Up, No Hay Bronca, and Landing Strip come to mind

I recall No Hay Bronca and Cleaning the Cathouse. These are both good shootouts. I'll check out the other ones you suggested. EDIT: Oh, I remember Los Santos Connections too. That one was quite difficult for just the two of us. We managed to do it after a few tries, but the defense part was rough. Barely managed to do it in a stolen Buzzard.

Spectre "2K"
  • Spectre "2K"

New Hades' Finest

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Haha yeah, my friend and I made a challenge where we do it just us two muskets only. Never again

• livejoker, Randoom., dead goon and 4 others like this

MikeTower
  • MikeTower

I am not nice

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

just us two muskets only

bd2db146741d60661d6eb7e4687db20d47eec41c

• livejoker, dead goon, hei3enberg and 3 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why not Survivals?

• HARBUJAHN, hei3enberg, Spadge and 2 others like this

MikeTower
  • MikeTower

I am not nice

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why not Survivals?

Oh yeah, I guess Survivals work too, though they aren't perfect. No good spots to take cover and bunker up at, ridiculous numbers of enemies (to me at least, I am not that good at GTA). Most importantly though the pay is crap iirk.

• dead goon and Arrows to Athens like this

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Plenty of good spots in Survivals to hide and take cover.

Pay is $30k if you get past wave 10 iirc. Less ammo costs and entry fees you earn about $10k depending on what you use (use RPGs only and you lose money).

If you want to earn decent money you need to do freeroam pvp/pve stuff though. CMs, Survivals and even some heists pay out peanuts in comparison to delivering a car for I/E or a one vehicle sale for G/R. You can't have it both ways.
  • BigBrother67 and BLACK DYNAM1TE like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

people often forget gang attacks.....

or VIP hitman where the enemies takes tons for shots

• livejoker, dead goon and hei3enberg like this

MikeTower
  • MikeTower

I am not nice

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Plenty of good spots in Survivals to hide and take cover.

Pay is $30k if you get past wave 10 iirc. Less ammo costs and entry fees you earn about $10k depending on what you use (use RPGs only and you lose money).

If you want to earn decent money you need to do freeroam pvp/pve stuff though. CMs, Survivals and even some heists pay out peanuts in comparison to delivering a car for I/E or a one vehicle sale for G/R. You can't have it both ways.

I guess I might give Survival a few more tries. And yeah, I know, real dough is in biz' and org.

I'm not one of them. I like to do them now and then. While fun, they end fast and the payment is pretty much nonexistent (1500 pixel dollars won't even cover ammo and armor bill). Still, they're fun to do from time to time.

I'm looking for actual shootouts, not "either going for Buzzard and doing it fast or getting wasted by inhuman marksmanship of NPCs".

• PwnageSoldier likes this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is a good playlist for you. Maybe add Rooftop Rumble. I don't know if it changed much since last time I played it but I remember it being drive here shoot up these guys kind of directions.

Survivals are fun but less run and gun more hunker down and shoot from cover.

• livejoker, dead goon and MikeTower like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago

Crystal Clear Out II & III. So many ways these two missions can be done. Wanna snipe? Wanna go on foot? Wanna use a Pegasus vehicle? You can. And more!

Again, Potshot is another good one seeing as the Pony doesn't drive off anymore.
  • badmoon, dead goon, Arrows to Athens and 4 others like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can't believe no-one's mentioned Base Invaders yet. Holy f*ck that's a lot of soldiers.

• hei3enberg, REXX, Arrows to Athens and 3 others like this

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by PwnageSoldier, 4 weeks ago.

Crystal Clear Out II & III. So many ways these two missions can be done. Wanna snipe? Wanna go on foot? Wanna use a Pegasus vehicle? You can. And more!

Here's a fun challenge; wanna try and do these missions with a Valkyrie?

I can't believe no-one's mentioned Base Invaders yet. Holy f*ck that's a lot of soldiers.

It's fun either with a full APC, two Insurgent Pick-Ups (optionally customs) or one or two Cargobob(s) flying the tank(s) in :lol:

.Diana McFarland.
  • .Diana McFarland.

Stomping Out Lesser Females Everywhere.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Diana 2016
    Best Diana 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

There's something satifying about PVE

idk what it is.

I guess i just love having something to do in GTA

• theNGclan and xDatxJunkyx like this

Sauce béarnaise
  • Sauce béarnaise

best served with a juicy steak

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Brick Top, 4 weeks ago.

"Time to Get Away" from Madrazo is a pretty good one as you have to save an NPC and go pretty much guns blazing to get to him after what reinforcements will chase also chase you down. This can be pretty good action unless you choose the boring driving on the train tracks route or a Kuruma. There is a few different approaches if you are creative. 

What else ? There is "Method in the Madness" given to you by Trevor which completes in a few different stages and you have to retrieve product there will be a lot of bikers and a little chase down the canyon if you allow it.

Others I could think of:

- "Satelite Communications"

- "Mixed up with Coke" (without going in a attack chopper obviously)

- "Hard Labor"

- "Hit 'em up"

- "The Los Santos Connection" (it is good, but overplayed imo)

- "Dish the dirt" (be careful going close quarters, enemies are equipped with long range rifles)

And obviously, but this is just my opinion, you should try to complete them in Free aim, it makes up for more of a challenge.

• dead goon, hei3enberg and MikeTower like this

Crazy_Cico007
  • Crazy_Cico007

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

- Stocks and Scares
- Out of Harmony
- Dry Docking
- Chop Chop
- Stick Up The Stickup Crew
  • MikeTower likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah I think Dry Docking has unlimited enemies, right? One keeps spawning in the same place all the time (and always manages to get up the stairs before I've cracked the safe). Or maybe not unlimited, but plentiful. 

Stocks and Scares was my other suggestion. 

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I gets in a steady diet of Gang Attacks, also bonus that not the everyone knows that if you complete 5 gang attacks of the same crew i.e. Professionals or The Lost in the same session you get a bounty on ur head after completings them. Fun to survive them as a crew of 4+

:) I Chang
  • MC. and Sauce béarnaise like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Foreverpast, 4 weeks ago.

Lost MC RIP: It's just one location, at the cemetery, easy to get to by any means with a large group of armed NPCs to take out.

You can go in guns blazing or practice on your marksman skills.

• dead goon and Sauce béarnaise like this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Carpet boming orphanages this holiday season

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 weeks ago

idk what it is.

Oh Diana, how I lust for a Heists Part II

• alkaline_ likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Sometimes I feel like there is not enough standard run'n'gun (or cover'n'gun) action in GTA:O. Yes, this game isn't a pure shooter, and should not be, but still I'd like more missions like Humane Lab Raid heist in a ground team or Pier Pressure, where the point of the mission is to get on your feet, pick up a gun and wreck a decent amount of NPC sh*t. Could you suggest any contact missions with a large amount of shootouts? Preferably those that can be done well enough with 2 people. 

There are tons of contact missions that solely involve shooting at enemies.

Hit em' Up comes into mind.

.Diana McFarland.
  • .Diana McFarland.

Stomping Out Lesser Females Everywhere.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Diana 2016
    Best Diana 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

idk what it is.

Oh Diana, how I lust for a Heists Part II

i do too

24fk18y.jpg

• DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

It was the best mission until rockstar took RP away from killing soldiers. Makes it a bit hard to see when they die without it. Anyway.. still fun and if you do it on foot it sorts out who can play and who can't. 60 something soldiers.

mcgroin
  • mcgroin

Falling down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'll second the all the recommendations already made here and also throw Wet Workers into the mix as it's a nice multi-part shooter.

Also I feel at this point we should hold a moment of silent reflection in memory of Boat in the Bay. :cry: You were too beautiful for this world...

Anyhoo.

As for Survivals, Legion Square and Maze Bank are the runniest and gunniest. Processed and Industrial Plant are campalicious,whilst Del Perro Pier, Sawmill, Railway Yard and Sandy Shores also benefit from a more static approach as the spawns can be unsympathetic.

• elfoam and Sauce béarnaise like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'll second the all the recommendations already made here and also throw Wet Workers into the mix as it's a nice multi-part shooter.

Also I feel at this point we should hold a moment of silent reflection in memory of Boat in the Bay. :cry: You were too beautiful for this world...

Anyhoo.

As for Survivals, Legion Square and Maze Bank are the runniest and gunniest. Processed and Industrial Plant are campalicious,whilst Del Perro Pier, Sawmill, Railway Yard and Sandy Shores also benefit from a more static approach as the spawns can be unsympathetic.

Does anyone in the world know what happened with A boat in the bay?, seems kinda weird they just deleted for no reason one of if not the best mission in the game. It wasn't bugged.. there was nothing wrong with it.

livejoker
  • livejoker

a sense of pride and accomplishment

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's not PvE/contact missions but you could try to run across San Andreas in a full lobby. Start at the dock on the beach, turn your mic on and insult the whole lobby, tell them your gamertag and then start running until you reach Paleto Bay. That's the most run n' gun thing I can think of. That should be a challenge on the forum and seeing who doesn't die.

• iLLYHiGHROLLER, Skeve613, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

mcgroin
  • mcgroin

Falling down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I never seen a definitive reason for their removal. Rockstar have accidentally removed missions with an update -https://www.inquisit...the-new-update/- but these were resolved in time.

There was also speculation that the missions were too similar to new content that was to be introduced. I can kind of see that with Pickup Sticks but I can't think of anything that rips off Boat in the Bay (or ATV Steal ) to the extent that they would need chopped.

TL/DR: Beats the sh!t outta me, dude.

DrHulme
  • DrHulme

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Again, Potshot is another good one seeing as the Pony doesn't drive off anymore.

I'm glad you said this because I thought I just imagined the Potshot Pony driving off once upon a time. One of my faves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users