Photo

Removed Mods Still Showing Up?!

6 replies to this topic
SemenDemon
  • SemenDemon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by SemenDemon, 4 weeks ago.

Hello,
About three days ago, I tried to download a texture mod and replace an old texture mod I had already downloaded, but once I replaced the file in OIV, the texture was still the old one in-game. I re downloaded the texture and replaced it about another two times and still nothing. I verified my game files on Steam and re downloaded my new textures. But even after that, it still had the old textures even though they were removed.
Does anybody have a solution to this or can help me in any way?

Thanks.

LeeC2202
  • LeeC2202

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can't even work out what you have done to even begin to help. I don't know if you're seeing vanilla textures, textures from a mod, textures from a mod that replaces a mod. I can't tell what you are trying to replace, or where you are trying to replace it.

Is it a map texture, a ped texture, a prop texture or a vehicle texture? Is it a replace texture or an addon texture? Is it in the original files or is it in a mods folder? Is it an external ytd texture or is it an embedded texture?

I don't see anything in your post that tells us any of those answers. "A texture", "an old texture", "my new textures" might make sense to you but we have to be told a lot more, because to us, we just see the word "texture" used a lot without context.

SemenDemon
  • SemenDemon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can't even work out what you have done to even begin to help. I don't know if you're seeing vanilla textures, textures from a mod, textures from a mod that replaces a mod. I can't tell what you are trying to replace, or where you are trying to replace it.

Is it a map texture, a ped texture, a prop texture or a vehicle texture? Is it a replace texture or an addon texture? Is it in the original files or is it in a mods folder? Is it an external ytd texture or is it an embedded texture?

I don't see anything in your post that tells us any of those answers. "A texture", "an old texture", "my new textures" might make sense to you but we have to be told a lot more, because to us, we just see the word "texture" used a lot without context.

I'm trying to replace an old weapon texture mod for the combat pistol, I'm replacing it with a different, newer texture mod for the combat pistol. Hope that clears things out. Can you help me out?

LeeC2202
  • LeeC2202

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

You still need to explain where you installed the old texture and where you are installing the new texture and whether you are using a mods folder or not. I don't know where the combat pistol files are, I don't know what mod you're installing, I don't know what instructions it has given you.

I'm not going to collect a whole load of file locations and say "Is it here? Is it here? How about in here?" because files are usually in multiple locations. Plus I wouldn't even know what files to look for.

So sadly, until you tell me something that helps me, I can't help you. You have all of the information, I have none, it's impossible for me to help you... and as you can see, there isn't exactly a queue of people waiting to jump in with replies. Posts like this usually just get ignored and disappear... because people don't want to get involved doing what I am doing now and that's trying to get information.

SemenDemon
  • SemenDemon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by SemenDemon, 4 weeks ago.

You still need to explain where you installed the old texture and where you are installing the new texture and whether you are using a mods folder or not. I don't know where the combat pistol files are, I don't know what mod you're installing, I don't know what instructions it has given you.

I'm not going to collect a whole load of file locations and say "Is it here? Is it here? How about in here?" because files are usually in multiple locations. Plus I wouldn't even know what files to look for.

So sadly, until you tell me something that helps me, I can't help you. You have all of the information, I have none, it's impossible for me to help you... and as you can see, there isn't exactly a queue of people waiting to jump in with replies. Posts like this usually just get ignored and disappear... because people don't want to get involved doing what I am doing now and that's trying to get information.

I installed them in patchday8ng, It wasn't installed in a mod folder, and I'm trying to replace this mod https://www.gta5-mod.../p226-sig-sauer with this one https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/eft-sig-sauer-p226.The combat pistol files are in patchday8ng. Do you know where to find patchday8ng or do you need me to tell you? Thanks.

LeeC2202
  • LeeC2202

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Do you know where to find patchday8ng or do you need me to tell you? Thanks.

Interesting, I try to get information, you provide sarcasm instead... good luck with your texture problem.

SemenDemon
  • SemenDemon

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Do you know where to find patchday8ng or do you need me to tell you? Thanks.

Interesting, I try to get information, you provide sarcasm instead... good luck with your texture problem.

Wow really dude? I try to be as polite as possible as I thought, "Wow this guy actually wants to help me" I ignored your bullsh*t condescending responses for almost 3 days now. Just because you misinterpreted me asking if you knew where the files were, as you said in your last response, "I don't know where the combat pistols are" or "I wouldn't even know what files to look for" you think I was sarcastic. You didn't give me anything, no information that might help me, but I spoon fed everything to you. All you did was waste my time. I thought this community was worth asking for help, guess not... good luck to you too asshole.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users