Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV is almost 10 years old, tell us your favorite memories of the game...

41 replies to this topic
OdysseyTheWarrior
  • OdysseyTheWarrior

lets go bowling

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

since GTA IV is almost 10 years old, tell us some of your favorite memories of playing the game.

• Arrows to Athens and SlavicSquat like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DOUGL4S1, 4 weeks ago.

One of my favorite memories was back in '15 when I participated on my first (and so far last) Multiplayer event. This is one of the few recordings I could find of the entire event:

You can see my username popping in eventually. I also have some footage of it somewhere in my PC.

I was completelly lost during 'Busted', had a Huntley in the Demo Derby and a yellow Virgo on the Figure8.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and ViceBoy69 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Too many to choose from, but when when Niko killed Vlad for the first time and his revelation to Roman on why he came to Liberty City that was such an awe inspiring moment. Also being able to walk around the game's world for the first time. I remember walking around Broker/Dukes for like an hour just gobsmacked by how much more detailed and lively the game was compared to the 3D era.

I also tried the swingset glitch once and somehow I landed perfectly inside a bus shelter. :D

• albanyave, theGTAking101, Coops95 and 4 others like this

Luke Ferris
  • Luke Ferris

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

One of my abiding memories is hearing for the first time Roman's reply when Niko asked him how he wanted to die: (On his 100th birthday having a threesome). Totally classic! 

• RaMMy likes this

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Russian Revolution and the lead-up to Romans Sorrow stood out to me. Finishing the former had me feeling a sense of dread, like I was being watched. It was pretty surreal tbh.

Id say Hostile Negotiation was another best moment imo. Easily amongst the best shootouts in the series and a defining character moment for Niko. Personal missions are always the best in GTA games.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Machinimas that Ben Buja made, oh the memories of JANTSUU, and how we lost one of the best, Yeardly Diamond, rest in peace you genius.

Watching GTAMissions' multiplayer Cops n' Crooks all the time, hoping to one day get the PC version and play with them. 

GTA IV will always be in my heart as my favourite and best GTA game to date.

• t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m, albanyave, MauriceGS and 2 others like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Getting off the boat with Algonquin's skyscrapers gleaming up the sky in the background and getting that first taste of Hove Beach still gives me a fuzzy feeling at times. From then on you are on one hell of a journey whether you liked it or not. There's just some special (someone :D jk) about GTA IV.
  • albanyave likes this

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hearing Niko saying ''I pay for sex'' and the next thing I know, the b*tch kicked me out of my car  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

The swingset glitch, times i have played  with that on multiplayer, get 4 people in  the car and smash into the swingset, furthest we got was falling into the sea.

multiplayer at the airport was always good for a laugh, i stopped doing multiplayer when the idiots started spawning random stupid sh*t like boats into the middle of roads, i never went back after that.

I still play it now, its never been off my pc and i will continue to play it, even if i dont do missions just playing around on your own is fun, you hear me ROCKSTAR? single player is supposed to be fun.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 4 weeks ago.

Too many to choose from, but when when Niko killed Vlad for the first time and his revelation to Roman on why he came to Liberty City that was such an awe inspiring moment. Also being able to walk around the game's world for the first time. I remember walking around Broker/Dukes for like an hour just gobsmacked by how much more detailed and lively the game was compared to the 3D era.

I also tried the swingset glitch once and somehow I landed perfectly inside a bus shelter. :D

My favourite memory of IV is simply walking the streets of LC for the first time, Broker namely. 

Even better is a mod called 2Dfx that is now available for IV which I'm using - makes LC look even more supreme ! I never even knew until recently that IV had a 2Dfx mod for it, I thought that mod was only for the III-era games. But here it is and makes LC look so much better. 

p2dfx_gtaiva.jpg

• Algonquin Assassin, R4gN0r0K, Nico and 7 others like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 4 weeks ago.

GTA IV in itself is truly amazing. I remember I used to go to my cousin's house as a kid and play GTA IV nonstop, because he had a PS3, and I had a PS2. I was in love with the game. One of the many things that hooked me into IV was the physics, some people hate em', but I love em' to death. 

• Official General, albanyave, ROCKSTAR MANIC and 1 other like this

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by R4gN0r0K, 4 weeks ago.

When i got a PS3 with GTA IV for my birthday from my grandparents. My grandpa was curious about that black box and wanted to watch me play. The awkwardness when the first cutscene started. "Daddy's back you bitches!"

Also i spent weeks just cheating helicopters and vehicles to dick around with the physics before i started the story much later. I loved this game when i got it, and i still do. Truly a masterpiece

Also one thing i'll never forget:
When i got TBoGT on PS3 a friend told me that he liked to get a car in Multiplayer and drive around the airport because there always was a guy with a buzzard chasing you.

I did that too and i had a great time just speeding around at the airport dodging rockets from some guy in a buzzard following me.
Then i drove under the plane that was driving around and the guy crashed into it and died. That was so awesome driving and hearing an explosion, looking back and seeing the wreck of the heli from the guy hitting the ground.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Probably first stepping foot in Liberty City and seeing everything for the first time. One of the things that makes Niko so relatable is that just like us, he was also just learning his way around the city and everything was new to him.

• Algonquin Assassin and albanyave like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Russian Revolution and the lead-up to Romans Sorrow stood out to me. Finishing the former had me feeling a sense of dread, like I was being watched. It was pretty surreal tbh.
Id say Hostile Negotiation was another best moment imo. Easily amongst the best shootouts in the series and a defining character moment for Niko. Personal missions are always the best in GTA games.

I loved the intensity of Hostile Negotiation. Reminded me of a Max Payne-esque style shootout. Niko's war cries added a lot to the emotion of the situation too.

"I'm here for my cousin"

"I'm not leaving here without Roman"

• albanyave, Cheatz_N_Trickz, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved the intensity of Hostile Negotiation. Reminded me of a Max Payne-esque style shootout. Nikos war cries added a lot to the emotion of the situation too.

Im here for my cousin.

Im not leaving here without Roman.

In my very first playthrough of IV, the quote "You will not harm my cousin!" is the one that stuck with me more than anything else in the entire game. That was such a powerful mission.

I also loved the scene where Roman hugs Niko. I remember when I was following him down the stairs after I rescued him I was being extra careful not to run into him and knock him over cause he'd already been through a lot. Too bad when we were driving away I accidentally killed us both by hitting an explosive barrel.

• albanyave, TheOriginalGunslinger and EtherTakeover like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I loved the intensity of Hostile Negotiation. Reminded me of a Max Payne-esque style shootout. Niko's war cries added a lot to the emotion of the situation too.
"I'm here for my cousin"
"I'm not leaving here without Roman"

"You shouldn't have f*cked with me!"
"Aaaarrrggghhh, mother f*ckers!"

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Did anybody else love Packie's missions? "Waste Not Want Knots" is probably my second favorite in the game.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 4 weeks ago.

Did anybody else love Packie's missions? "Waste Not Want Knots" is probably my second favorite in the game.

One acronym - TLC. And I'm NOT talking about the legendary R'n'B female trio.

• TheOriginalGunslinger likes this

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chrome horses with pink dollar horseshoes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't remember much from when I played GTA IV for the first time, but I do remember Ben Bujas's machinimas and how much they made me want to buy the game. I could go on and on about the kind of stuff I saw on youtube about GTA IV that I absolutely love (like JANTSUU's stuff) but when I replayed the game again this year, my fondest memory was experiencing the fun of running over pedestrians again. When I ran over a guy holding a bag of groceries and got to see all of them flying off to the air along with the sickening crunch as his body went over the bonnet, I got instantly reminded of just how great the physics system in this game is and how no game up to this date, not even GTA V, has been able to mimick it so perfectly.

gta4ever_
  • gta4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

I played GTA IV for the first time in 2012, I loved everything about this game: details, physics, realistic car damages, the story... I remember driving the Shafter (my favourite car) one of the first time I played the game, then I discovered what now is one of my favourite songs: 1979, and a lot of other things... too many good memories.

I still play GTA IV nowadays when I have time :)

(sorry for my bad english)

• albanyave likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

Don't stop, don't stop, don't stop, don't stop don't stop, I'll tell you when!

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Beating Three Leaf Clover, the first time I played the game I was stuck on that mission for a while, so when I finished it was a huge accomplishment

Coops95
  • Coops95

Camhack Video Editor

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

"58, 59, 60"

"Hey! Hit me"

"What?"

"Hit me, cmon"

• albanyave and ClaudeIzABadAzz like this

nick rynearson
  • nick rynearson

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

10 years damn I feel old anyways I remember driving the Fortune on the Algonquin Bridge I was going full speed and I hit a car launching Niko out of the car but the Fortune was still rolling and ran Niko over killing him and making me laugh my ass off

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I remember those late night rides through the star junction seeing the tourist take pictures in my game I had good times and bad times I remember when I got jumped on the subway by the Holland hustlers because they started talkin sh*t and Niko in my game don't take sh*t so I rushed one and the other hopped on me and sent me to the hospital I remember the joy of dating multiple women and having the excitement of not getting caught going to strip clubs with Roman and hanging with my close friend Dewayne and going to see katt Williams at the comedy clubs GTA IV was the second best gta for me
  • albanyave likes this

jezpar
  • jezpar

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Machinimas that Ben Buja made, oh the memories of JANTSUU, and how we lost one of the best, Yeardly Diamond, rest in peace you genius.

Watching GTAMissions' multiplayer Cops n' Crooks all the time, hoping to one day get the PC version and play with them. 

GTA IV will always be in my heart as my favourite and best GTA game to date.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

For me , it was the openning credits. That mysterious theme song. The cargo ship creeping into port at night and having the distant city lights brillantly lighting the Liberty skyline. Then the cut scene where it is revealed that Niko has had a troubled past. So much happens during the first few minutes of the game, lots of contrasting elements. The beautiful lights of Algonquin in the distance is so different from the dark rough neighborhood of Hove Beach. Roman's playful optimistic personality stands in stark contrast to the seriousness of Niko. 

The opening really hooked me like no other game has. Lots of great memories are all throughout the game.

• Journey_95, Cebra and Arrows to Athens like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

A thing I vividly remember was the first time I've played it. Once I got to Roman's appartment, I went outside and realized I didn't know how to sprint or how to steal a car (I came from San Andreas, CJ jogged automatically and I entered vehicles with Enter), so I went on a slow walk around Hove Beach, until I discovered how to sprint and Googled how to steal a car (naturally). Once I started running, I ran across a street, got hit by a taxi and Niko went on Euphoria and his head cracked the taxi's windscreen. That was mindblowing, seeing the physics in action. Then I crossed the avenue to the park and stole a light gray Blista Compact that was parked in an alley at the park. Needless to say the car got wrecked a few blocks later.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, A week ago.

Playing Cops n' Crooks and free aim deathmatches.

For singleplayer, the radio stations, the map, the story, the atmosphere, the cars, etc.

A majestic game.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, A week ago.

Grinding Hangman's Noose for two weeks just to get that shiny gold Rank 10 star in multiplayer which meant absolutely nothing aside from an achievement/trophy and two multiplayer character outfits (guy rocking the blue speedo and the girl rocking the stripper lingerie).
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users