• None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

I took the panel off and took a few photos:

https://i.imgur.com/LlcD8AN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5Ow2StA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FTg6D89.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sf8GygU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/khoqy94.jpg

I know the images are sh*t and blurry, but there's really nothing I can do about that. That's the best camera I have.

at this point i question how he even reached this internet page

Same. 

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:56 PM Edited by Dryspace, 15 December 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Unfortunately, the quality of the photographs is too low to be able to glean anything from them.

If you have a low quality camera/phone like I do at the moment, there are two things you must do in order to ensure the highest quality photographs possible:

1. Make sure the subject is strongly lit--as brightly as possible. Cheap cameras can not produce details in low light situations. In your pictures, the strongest light is coming from the other side of the case, which can be discerned by the case's shadow on the wall.

2. Brace the camera (or phone) against something in order to avoid movement, which results in blur. I either set my phone on a surface so that it can't move at all, or if that is not possible, I use a broomstick or something else so that I can brace one end against the floor or other surface, and hold the stick and the phone at the same time. Whatever method you use, the device must be prevented from being a mover and shaker.

You've come this far--you might as well see if you can get a few usable photos.

• HaRdSTyLe_83 and Great Britain like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:20 AM

Unfortunately, the quality of the photographs is too low to be able to glean anything from them.

If you have a low quality camera/phone like I do at the moment, there are two things you must do in order to ensure the highest quality photographs possible:

1. Make sure the subject is strongly lit--as brightly as possible. Cheap cameras can not produce details in low light situations. In your pictures, the strongest light is coming from the other side of the case, which can be discerned by the case's shadow on the wall.

2. Brace the camera (or phone) against something in order to avoid movement, which results in blur. I either set my phone on a surface so that it can't move at all, or if that is not possible, I use a broomstick or something else so that I can brace one end against the floor or other surface, and hold the stick and the phone at the same time. Whatever method you use, the device must be prevented from being a mover and shaker.

You've come this far--you might as well see if you can get a few usable photos.

I took a few photos with the LED's inside the case lit, but didn't bother posting them because I thought it wouldn't make much of a difference, here they are:

O4yCcan.jpg

sZglgm4.jpg

If you still can't see very much (which I don't think you can), I'll take some more photos, but that'll be the best I can do, because I simply do not have a better camera.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

Trust me, assuming you hold the camera still, the pictures would look a lot better if you made sure a bright light was shining into the case.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

Trust me, assuming you hold the camera still, the pictures would look a lot better if you made sure a bright light was shining into the case.

OK, I'll take a couple more photos.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

how about the important thing.... the temperatures. Does it still reach 80º ?

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:11 AM

Yes, and higher. It still reaches 82. I'll have the photos up by today.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

I took some photos using Dryspace's advice, and they came out a lot clearer:

QlWzjLw.jpg

IazEQGl.jpg

qJY1twB.jpg

I even took a photo underneath the GPU:

Np89BFK.jpg

I hope that helps...

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:50 AM Edited by yojc, 17 December 2017 - 09:50 AM.

I'd install the fans on the CPU radiator the other way round.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:02 AM

I'd install the fans on the CPU radiator the other way round.

I can't change anything around.

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

I'm just saying I don't see any intake fans on your photo, and that might be the cause of the high temperatures you're experiencing,

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:21 PM

I'm just saying I don't see any intake fans on your photo, and that might be the cause of the high temperatures you're experiencing,

If that's the problem then I'm screwed, coz like I said, I can't change things around.

There is one fan at the end of my case, and two fans at the front (Lit in blue).

yojc
  • yojc

2A03

• Members
  • Poland
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

May I ask why this isn't an option?

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Ahhh it's a long story.
Long story short, if I screw something up, I don't have the money to replace it.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:50 PM Edited by Dryspace, 17 December 2017 - 03:51 PM.

I would offer a suggestion: A reason why people (like my brother) want to buy pre-built computers is that they don't want to have to worry about fixing things themselves, or otherwise messing something up.

If you don't want to build your own computer, it seems to me that you should at least have the benefit of being able to take it to the store that sold it, or the person who built it, if something is not working correctly. It seems a really undesirable situation to have a new PC with an issue and an inability to do anything to fix it.

Do you not have any unnecessary items that you can sell in order to generate a cash reserve? At any rate, I hope that you can find someone who knows what they are doing and is willing to look at your PC, because that is what is needed if you can not take it to the seller and are unwilling to touch it yourself.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Ahhh it's a long story.
Long story short, if I screw something up, I don't have the money to replace it.

That is definitely the cause of your overheating problems, though, I'm sure. So you'll have to take the (non-existent) risk, if you want the issue resolved.

It would be less fiddly, if you removed the radiator from the case first, but judging by your pictures, it should be possible the unscrew the fans without removing it. Simply remove the four screws per fan, flip them around, and replace the screws. It will do wonders.

If you want to be extra cautious, power off (obviously) and unplug the PC, before getting to work. At least then, there's absolutely nothing that can go wrong.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

if it reaches 82 without the side panel, you should take the pc back to the store that sold it to you, that isnt normal even if you fan curve is low

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:26 AM Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 18 December 2017 - 01:45 AM.

if it reaches 82 without the side panel, you should take the pc back to the store that sold it to you, that isnt normal even if you fan curve is low

I've never played over a long amount of time with the panel off, so I wouldn't know.

There's more to it than just finance, it's a long story, and it's personal.

This is the end of the road, I'm gonna just have to put up with high temps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users