Is Toni a good protagonist?

15 replies to this topic
Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I like Toni, i really do but some people say that he isn't that interesting. What do you guys think?

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 4 weeks ago.

You're goddamn right he is! I don't know why so many people don't like him, I love Lionel!

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Jeansowaty, 4 weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of him because he's been written a bit flat. He's 99% of the time angry without any reason and does everything what everyone tells him. He's like Claude from III, just with the ability to talk. Hope I won't offend anyone, I just didn't like LCS that much compared to the other GTA's.

• RaMMy likes this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Penguin Bob, 4 weeks ago.

I'm not a fan of him because he's been written a bit flat. He's 99% of the time angry without any reason and does everything what everyone tells him. He's like Claude from III, just with the ability to talk. Hope I won't offend anyone, I just didn't like LCS that much compared to the other GTA's.

Yeah but, Toni was doing stuff for Vinchizo(however you spell his name), and he was demanding it and Toni had enough of it and destroyed his car. So i might have to disagree with Toni doing EVERYTHING they told him to do. Soon he snaps and has enough of it. And in my opinion, i thought Toni getting angry was funny. 

• Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I admit, some scenes where he was incredibly angry were indeed funny :D Oh and I completely forgot about this mission. I personally think though that Toni exaggerated Vincenzo being so evil, him destroying his car just fuelled the guy with real hate so Vinnie decided to finish him off so he can regain his position in the mob. Their relation kind of reminded me Ryder and CJ in SA, just that Toni was taking everything too seriously, but in the end his suspicions became true. 

LCS lacked a proper main antagonist though, imo :p

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I admit, some scenes where he was incredibly angry were indeed funny :D Oh and I completely forgot about this mission. I personally think though that Toni exaggerated Vincenzo being so evil, him destroying his car just fuelled the guy with real hate so Vinnie decided to finish him off so he can regain his position in the mob. Their relation kind of reminded me Ryder and CJ in SA, just that Toni was taking everything too seriously, but in the end his suspicions became true. 

LCS lacked a proper main antagonist though, imo :p

I won't disagree with LCS having a weak antagonist. I agree with you saying Toni is Claude from GTA 3 but can talk. I agree. Toni is really Claude but he can talk, he has emotion, and sh*tl like that.

• Jeansowaty and RaMMy like this

Rebel Yell
  • Rebel Yell

Lone Drifter

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Rebel Yell, 4 weeks ago.

He is not definitely a bad one, but Toni seems so shallow in general, not possessing some sort of interesting complexity. Toni, almost always, fits the stereotype of macho tough mob guy with the baddest temper and strict loyalty, but that's it. The problem with Toni is that he lacks certain details that would make a character distinguishable and interesting. In short, Toni Ciprani is kind of a lesser "devil-in-the-details" Luca Brasi. Only dynamic put-in with Tony's persona was his psycho whore of a mother (who had some Olivia Soprano aura) but even that can't save Toni from being dull in the end. 

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by RaMMy, 4 weeks ago.

I always said it, and I will say it again, it all comes down to every person, personally I don't like other protagonists besides Niko, one of my friends likes only CJ so it's basically up to the player to decide witch protagonist he like's the most and connects better with. 

I don't mind the variety of protagonists so far, but from all of them, Claude, Toni and (for me) Victor Vance are only shells, empty characters for the player to interact with the game, nothing interesting about them.

As for you liking Toni, I appreciate it, it's nice to see people discussing different protagonists and pointing out things they like/care about that protagonist.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I always said it, and I will say it again, it all comes down to every person, personally I don't like other protagonists besides Niko, one of my friends likes only CJ so it's basically up to the player to decide witch protagonist he like's the most and connects better with. 

I don't mind the variety of protagonists so far, but from all of them, Claude, Toni and (for me) Victor Vance are only shells, empty characters for the player to interact with the game, nothing interesting about them.

As for you liking Toni, I appreciate it, it's nice to see people discussing different protagonists and pointing out things they like/care about that protagonist.

I get what your saying, but to me the only protagonist who is a 'shell' is Claude. He has no emotion, he doesn't talk, AND HIS FACE DOESN'T CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME.

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Penguin/VC fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I get what your saying, but to me the only protagonist who is a 'shell' is Claude. He has no emotion, he doesn't talk, AND HIS FACE DOESN'T CHANGE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME.

That's weird for a dude with a name ClaudeIzABadAzz.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

That's weird for a dude with a name ClaudeIzABadAzz.

Yeah, you'd' think so? He's an empty shell, but I still think he's a badass.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Taking A Liberty

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've stated this in a similar topic before , but i think Toni is just a talking version of Claude

guard3
  • guard3

Liberty City's Finest

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, LCS was meant to be just a GTA for PSP, along side the main ones. It wasn't supposed to be a hit, so everything is kinda flat. But, still, hell of a great game!

• jaljax and Penguin Bob like this

Imperator233
  • Imperator233

Player

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago Edited by Imperator233, A week ago.

In my opinion, Toni was the most memorable character after CJ and Tommy.

• Penguin Bob likes this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

Nope. Awful story and ZERO character development. I didn't hate the game, but it has one of the worst protagonists in my opinion.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

UncleSal
  • UncleSal

Don of the Leone family

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 5 hours ago

Yes, i like so much her personality. Also, the story of LCS is one of the best in my opinion. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users