How am I being sniped through walls?

49 replies to this topic
Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nightvision Goggles + Quad Lense Helmet and MkII Sniper with Explosive Ammo is your best friend.. You can also snipe people out of their offices, apartments, warehouses etc as long as they aren't interacting with anything (Sitting at computer, using secretary to get snacks or order a PV)

Holy sh*t, really?

I've got to try this later

• Fozzie likes this

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Punk Rock Jock

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nightvision Goggles + Quad Lense Helmet and MkII Sniper with Explosive Ammo is your best friend.. You can also snipe people out of their offices, apartments, warehouses etc as long as they aren't interacting with anything (Sitting at computer, using secretary to get snacks or order a PV)

Holy sh*t, really?
I've got to try this later
Yes, also if you combine the Nightvision with the quad lense helmet using the telescope glitch, remove the thermal scope from your rifle and just use them turned On together combined with the regular upgraded scope. It's a pretty nasty weapon in the right hands on a nice, tall building.

DarkFlame588
  • DarkFlame588

Yellow Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by DarkFlame588, 4 weeks ago.

You can hit them, but not kill them. Person inside will get the red hit direction marker and sound but not take any damage. Happened to me last week. I wouldn't have known what it was had someone not been sniping at me before entering my office from the roof.

Xenon Xyanide
  • Xenon Xyanide

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

This game is an absolute joke. 

If this was a money glitch it would have been patched within a month.  This "shooting through walls" crap has been present for at least 4 months and it's still not fixed.  

• blackindia, FlacidJack, Arrows to Athens and 1 other like this

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

Dual Orbital Cannons

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

This game is an absolute joke. 

If this was a money glitch it would have been patched within a month.  This "shooting through walls" crap has been present for at least 4 months and it's still not fixed.  

Maybe if we convince rockstar that it is a money glitch they'll patch it.

• Arrows to Athens and Xiled like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

We need the shark buyers to want the fixes.

Freeloaders, no dice!.

4 months, really! Christ!

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 4 weeks ago.

Thermal scope on a tall building = Too OP

But it's great for taking out wallbreaching scum.

• joel15cat likes this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

You can hit them, but not kill them. Person inside will get the red hit direction marker and sound but not take any damage. Happened to me last week. I wouldn't have known what it was had someone not been sniping at me before entering my office from the roof.

I killed players inside his offices.

Brutal Trout
  • Brutal Trout

Observer to the Obliteration of Planet Earth

• Members
  • France

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Brutal Trout, 4 weeks ago.

You can also snipe people out of their offices, apartments, warehouses etc as long as they aren't interacting with anything (Sitting at computer, using secretary to get snacks or order a PV)

It won't kill them though, which is a shame.

edit, well maybe you can...

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

There is the up side, being able to kill tryhard sniper with a bounty that is spot that would make it difficult to get the upper hand on.

oSCNh71.gif

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just got sniped through a building today and thought about this thread lol. Luckily it didn't kill me. My opponent was about two blocks down the street. 

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by HeavyDuke, 4 weeks ago.

Wow. Thanks guys, guess I'll just leave the session next time this happen

Never heard of passive mode have you?

Seriously this is pretty much the same way snipers have always cheated. Like back in the day they exploited the drawing distance to shoot people out of tanks, back when the Rhino wasn't nerfed into this:

peacewalker081709.jpg

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 4 weeks ago.

Wow. Thanks guys, guess I'll just leave the session next time this happen

Never heard of passive mode have you?

Seriously this is pretty much the same way snipers have always cheated. Like back in the day they exploited the drawing distance to shoot people out of tanks, back when the Rhino wasn't nerfed into this:

peacewalker081709.jpg

If cops would just stop suiciding into you, causing them to blow up and damage your tank, that would be great. I swear, this game has the strangest AI of any game.

I still dream of the day where we get the option to turn cops off.

• HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

If cops would just stop suiciding into you, causing them to blow up and damage your tank, that would be great. I swear, this game has the strangest AI of any game.

I still dream of the day where we get the option to turn cops off.

True.

Driver 1&2 cops for example where lightyears ahead of this crap.

Ok maybe not lightyears but it was better Nonetheless.

Also you're not a real sniper in GTA:O unless you got some cheesy gamertag/PSN such as SniperXnoSkill

• Arrows to Athens likes this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by We Are Ninja, 3 weeks ago.

There was a tryhard on top of the mall (on the Ponsonby's side)terrorizing an MC full of low levels that hadn't been bothering anyone. I took the elevator up to the roof of Arcadius to let him know how I felt about it. I didn't realize that he had a crew mate in the lobby, so I earned the ire of two 450 players. It was the new guy that was the problem; he kept sniping me... Initially, I thought he was the world's wickedest sniper. He was getting me from unimaginable distances, and while I wasn't paying close attention to lines of sight, as I was fighting other players, but there were usually plenty of buildings between us. Still, I was distracted and didn't pay much attention to the 4 or 5 kills he got from a location that was outside of the expanded mini-map.

It wasn't until I got into my apartment at Tinsel Towers that I realized that something weird was happening. I was in my closet, creating an outfit when I hear the bullet hit noise and see the red arrow on the side of the screen and see wounds appear and blood splatter spray from my character. I'm cycling through jewelry and my girl is getting absolutely riddled with bullets. This pic doesn't show much, there are dozens of full on exit wounds are in her abdomen, but...

98hI9hXi5kq0Ru4vJxBYXg_0_0.jpg

Based on the damage arrows, I back out and zoom the map out, and sure enough, his directional dot is point my direction, and it looks like he's probably back on top of the mall. So I message the guy: "Is that you shooting me in my apartment?" He was cool about it. He admitted to it and said that it usually freaked most players TF out.
  • gtafan26 and Arrows to Athens like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It does have an upside, being able to take out players that are hiding in wall breaches, and its even sweeter when they have a bounty

TEjhSjD.gif

• Arrows to Athens and Happy Hunter like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Arrows to Athens, 3 weeks ago.

Wallbreaching scumbag gets what he deserves. He kills me with his proximity mine when I'm trying to upgrade my brand new Cyclone at 0:06. I take him out in his wallbreach exactly three minutes later at 3:06.

Karma's a bitch.

• gtafan26 and TankGirl like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

rockstars incompetence when it comes to online game design.

you really can't defend them with all they've f*cked up, like randomly stealing everyone's money
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

TankGirl
  • TankGirl

Follow me get a proxy for free

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I sniped someone out of wall breach the other day, it was hilarious. They thought they were all safe and cozy in there. As soon as I killed them they left the session. 

• gtafan26 and Arrows to Athens like this

UKPortista
  • UKPortista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago

I've had this a few times whilst in my office at Maze Bank. Doesn't seem to happen in the garages though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users