Photo

Are there any moderation rules ?

25 replies to this topic
Galehaut
  • Galehaut

The last true Mystery Hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Galehaut, 4 weeks ago.

Just curious to know really , in the past few months , i seen dozens of my posts being deleted for seemingly no reason at all.

Some of these posts took hours to write. I also make a lot of actual research before posting , so it's disheartening to me to pass hours to do a research , more hours to write it down only to see it being deleted without a reason.

At first i shrugged it off , probably a mod who doesn't like me. but now yesterday once again 2 of my posts were deleted without any further comment. There's no way to know why those 2 long posts were deleted. I was being on topic , the post contained tons of new information while also providing a ground for discussion.

So i'm now at a '' crossroad '' so to speak. I want to participate in these forums and discuss with tons of GTA fans like me but it becomes hard when my posts taking hours to write are being deleted in a matter of seconds probably by someone who doesn't even care in the first place. 

I'm not the kind of person to post troll one liners either so i'm really clueless about what to do here to change the outcome of this situation. On the other hand , i see the same minority on the forums posting no effort comments all the time. I thought there were rules for no effort comments.

I'd like to '' fix '' my behavior if i'm doing anything wrong , but considering that no one ever messaged me to tell me what rules i could have broken , i'm a bit clueless here.

I know that i'm controversial but being controversial shouldn't result in being censored at all , which is how i feel right now.

thoughts ? 

• Ayesha likes this

Matty
  • Matty

• Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I’m wagering your posts in question were probably hidden because they, despite being lengthy, served little other purpose than to derail the topics they were posted in and bait people into pointless arguments.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Galehaut like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

Im wagering your posts in question were probably hidden because they, despite being lengthy, served little other purpose than to derail the topics they were posted in and bait people into pointless arguments.

I've had a look through them and that's what it appears to be to me. Admittedly they (the staff member) probably should've added a message in the thread though so to give a heads up why the posts were removed.

It wasn't just the OP's, but another member's also.

• Matty and Galehaut like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

• Members
  • Canada

I’m wagering your posts in question were probably hidden because they, despite being lengthy, served little other purpose than to derail the topics they were posted in and bait people into pointless arguments.

That's what i thought. This is just so subjective though.

The fact remains ; it was completely on topic.

It's a thread about GTAV mysteries. Most of the mysteries in single player have been solved.

R* added a new Alien egg related easter egg online this summer that was only solvable by people searching the code. My 2 long posts were exactly about this ; the mystery , if there's any , is now online. I even gave away all the new in-game hints providing this information to everyone in one post.

How's that off topic exactly ? That's where i get clueless. I couldn't really be more on topic than this.

That's why i made this thread asking about moderation rules. Having been a forum moderator in the past , on both small and very big communities , i understand that the moderators on these forums are probably very dedicated. The sheer amount of posts every day alone are a huge tasks to go through , so i understand if my wall of texts are quickly dismissed. I just feel that this thread in particular maybe should be moderated by people who understand the subject well , that would certainly help.

Then when we enter a subject like '' GTAV mysteries '' , it's normal for most people who don't care about the lore of the game to label everything as a '' crazy rant ''. it's all fair to me really. 

I'd just like to have a definitive solution. On one hand now i feel like writing in that thread is useless because i literally lost hours and hours of research , and it could happen again if a mod just feel that it's off topic for him. ( i like my posts to be complete because i use them for reference after ... when they get deleted like this i'm kinda bummed because it means i'll have to research the information again for future reference )

Should i just make my own thread at this point ? I never did because i felt it would just be a repeat of the other thread in the end and it's better to keep the conversation in one place in my opinion.

EDIT: @algonquin ironically enough , i reported that other post for derailing the thread ( one line comment calling me a liar without stating why ) . So i might have brought the heat on the thread which ended up burning me too. In the end still , i'd like to know what i should do in this situation. I'm honestly trying to be informative and coherent so i'm at a loss at what i could do better here.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

You've been told multiple times to tone down the snark and, no matter how much you believe it to be true, your posts on the mystery being solved, since they only ever sour the thread.

All the posts of yours I hid were doing just that. If you want to the contribute to the thread, don't talk down to people.

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

• Members
  • Canada

You've been told multiple times to tone down the snark and, no matter how much you believe it to be true, your posts on the mystery being solved, since they only ever sour the thread.

Well i strongly disagree here and i feel like i'm being treated unjustly. I already stated that my only intent is to make this subject advance , it's very easy to tell by the dedication i have toward this very subject. I'm telling you honestly , i'm trying the hardest i can to be as informative and polite as i can. What else are you expecting here if long researched posts aren't good enough ?

My comments are on topic and provide new information on the subject. If you feel that i broke a rule and insulted someone , you can message me in private and i will gladly remove the part you deem offensive. Like i said earlier , my comments are seen as controversial by most and it's all fine with me. People attack my credibility all the time , i don't see the wrongs in explaining in details why i believe something in particular.

If my posts are completely erased without explanations , how i'm suppose to understand anything ?

Why do you personally feel the need to delete my comments completely ? It already happened in the past , we're probably talking about dozens of posts that you ( or others , i don't know if it's generalized , therefore why i made this thread to understand )  deleted by now. At this point i'd just ask you to let your peers review my comments if you got a personal issue with me. It would be a lot more fair.

I'm still clueless on the direction to take here considering that both of those comments were 1000 + words long and contained new information on the online alien easter egg from the last patches released by R*. I posted the same comment on another thread and people followed up with discussions and it was never deleted. It's hard to not feel target personally in that kind of situation to be fair.

All the posts of yours I hid were doing just that. If you want to the contribute to the thread, don't talk down to people.

So my informative posts about the new patch Lore and easter eggs that i took hours to write were just to sour the thread ? That's the bottom of this story for you ? Come on man ... :p

• Pyrrhic likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

Your first shorter post was just hand-waving someone's post away with our mural theory, and the subsequent posts were the same but with added snark like " Since you can't provide anything here though i guess you're still offended by R* laughing about you. *_-; thank you , come again.".

Considering your previous posts in the thread, it's very hard to treat these as sincere. If you feel that it's solved, there's no reason to keep posting in the thread, for the reason stated in my previous post.

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

• Members
  • Canada

Your first shorter post was just hand-waving someone's post away with our mural theory, and the subsequent posts were the same but with added snark like " Since you can't provide anything here though i guess you're still offended by R* laughing about you. *_-; thank you , come again.".

Again ; you're passing a personal judgement which is kinda harsh considering all the concrete research i do before posting. Like i was stating earlier in this thread , the lack of knowledge about this whole niche subject is a clear factor that can lead to misinterpretation from people who don't know the whole context of the mystery community. 

http://www.gameinfor...uto-online.aspx

'' But for the best combination of gameplay and additional character interaction you can’t go past the Smuggler’s Run update – not only are the missions a lot of fun, but Nervous Ron is still extremely nervous about having you for a business partner and he hosts a whole new episode of Blaine County Radio Community Hour on Blaine County Talk Radio. ''

https://youtu.be/Je0iny2eVK8?t=19m22s- New Ron's PODcast mentioning jetpacks which is a clear parody off people still believing in Jetpacks which is a good majority of the people in that thread.

R* Released new mystery clues in the 2 last major patches and it was even hinted in their last official interview. They are looking at that mystery thread in particular and it was hinted in the last patch ... that's exactly what my post was about. The snark comment you mention is just me trying to be funny. You can label me as unfunny if you want and delete my jokes , it's all good. Like it or not , some people still believe that there might be a Jetpack in GTAV and as far as i know i'm allowed to prove them wrong , using arguments like my mural theory for example yes. Remember here , their logic is that '' Jetpack icon on mural = Jetpack in-game ! ''.

I just feel like it's extreme to delete several complete comments , several times in the course of maybe 2-3 months , without even taking the time to chat in private with me to edit the comments that you feel are disrespectful. You probably don't even care , but for me , it's hours of my time doing research and posting it for this community gone in a finger snap. I'm not gaining anything by doing this , i am merely doing it to inform people correctly. I can't help but feel unjustly treated here since you don't even take the time to try and understand the situation , you just shrug it off , delete my comments and don't even take the time to warn me so that i know what to do in the future.

Just so you know , it's not only me. I remember chatting with other users when about 2 pages of comments were deleted this summer , nobody ever understood what happened or why. Since then the thread is pretty much dead and we're 3-4 trying to keep it alive.

Anyway , again i feel like the subject of this thread was derailed.  I'd just like to know where to go from here. Do i just create my own thread specifically about the mural and keep all my talk about it there ? If i'm breaking the rules ( which i always take care not to ) , is there a way to be warned ? 

Shouldn't this subject be moderated by people who ultimately know a lot about it ? I'm sure it would avoid a lot of confusion in a subject that needs clarity the most.

If all my comments are being deleted by a single mod , should i at least be able to know it ? As far as i know , mods can also target users with personal harassment. How a user would go and find support if it was the case ? I tried to find information on the forum , like a contact staff button , but i couldn't find anything. That's why i made this thread here , the last time my comments were deleted i shrugged it off  but now i just can't really see myself investing any serious time on these forums and posting my research if i'm not sure that it will at least be treated fairly and not plainly deleted.

Considering your previous posts in the thread, it's very hard to treat these as sincere. If you feel that it's solved, there's no reason to keep posting in the thread, for the reason stated in my previous post.

And how exactly could i prove my sincerity to you on a forum ? seems like a catch 22 situation to me.

Considering that my only goal is to stimulate concrete discussions based on evidences and arguments , i feel confused really. Could you show me an example of someone's behavior to follow in the same thread maybe ? 

• Pyrrhic likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it: if some of your posts in the thread are sincere, they're indistinguishable from the posts that are purely baiting. You've been told, multiple times, that your posts insisting that there isn't a mystery any more (or whatever angle you want to describe it as) aren't contributing at this point due to your behaviour in the thread. You've been told, multiple times, to lay off the snark and demeaning attitude even if it's just you trying to be funny. That's the reason why your posts get removed.

If you really feel the need to talk about you mural theory, you could try making your own thread on it - with no snark, of course. I don't know how other staff will treat the thread, so this isn't a promise that it'll stay up, but that's honestly the best option you've left yourself.
  • StangOne50 likes this

Craig
  • Craig

‹bergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just to add that it's irrelevant how long you spent on a post, it doesn't matter if it was a throwaway joke or it took you eight days to type it out - if it's deemed to be a contradiction to the topic or rules in general, it will be removed. Naturally this is determined purely by personal opinion because everybody has a different moderating style but generally we go by the same principles. You might argue that this isn't important but you've mentioned a few times just how long these posts take you, so I do wonder if you're bringing it up as a sort of defense for your posts.

I'm not being antagonistic when I say that by the way - I can appreciate research going into a reply as much as the next rational person, but I do wonder why you keep bringing it up when that isn't what's being debated here.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Just go with the flow, sometimes your posts get moved or deleted, just move on.

Dingleberry Pie
  • Dingleberry Pie

Be as bias as possible with power abuse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

No they do what ever they want without regard to rules like name changes. 

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

No they do what ever they want without regard to rules like name changes. 

you are just mad because you are angry

• StangOne50 and fashion like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

What about posts (irrespective of the length) by a moderator who seems to be also trying to bait people with pointless, stupid comments just to spite them, for whatever reasons?  

I guess rules apply to all, and nobody is an exception? 

Some of my posts were also removed and edited, though I'm not complaining about it, but I find it extremely odd that the behavior of the said moderator to be violating the rules itself, while I'm being tracked by him on a couple of occasions, and without any "message in the thread to give a heads up why the posts were removed" ???

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

What about posts (irrespective of the length) by a moderator who seems to be also trying to bait people with pointless, stupid comments just to spite them, for whatever reasons?  
Some of my posts were also removed and edited, though I'm not complaining about it, but I find it extremely odd that the behavior of the said moderator to be violating the rules itself, while I'm being tracked by him on a couple of occasions, and without any "message in the thread to give a heads up why the posts were removed" ???

Excuse me?

If you’re going to accuse anyone (particularly a staff member like myself) of violating rules you better be packing some proof and furthermore I’ve never engaged with you in any conversation so I have no idea where these other baseless accusations are coming from.
  • Scaglietti and Neon_Dreaming like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

• Members
  • Canada

That was my main concern when i created this thread here. I'm someone who assume himself and the consequences off my acts. If i do something wrong,  i will take the consequences gladly. In this situation though it's very different. I'm basically accused off being a troll by a mods and he seems to take fun in targeting me personally. This is called targeted harassment and should be frowned upon.

He state that i'm '' baiting '' people which is clearly a personal judgement based on nothing. Else i would have been simply warned and he could have clearly stated why instead of finding a reason by taking a bad joke out of context and accusing me of being dishonest plainly.

Moreover , Anyone with a clue could do a simple search on my name to see that I've been dedicated in debunking the remaining mysteries for the last year. We're talking about hundreds of hours of research. 

Just to add that it's irrelevant how long you spent on a post, it doesn't matter if it was a throwaway joke or it took you eight days to type it out - if it's deemed to be a contradiction to the topic or rules in general, it will be removed. Naturally this is determined purely by personal opinion because everybody has a different moderating style but generally we go by the same principles. You might argue that this isn't important but you've mentioned a few times just how long these posts take you, so I do wonder if you're bringing it up as a sort of defense for your posts.

It's relevant here considering that most trolls spit one line that takes them 1 minute to write. I write researches and complete posts that takes hours to create. Which of those 2 individuals are losing the most when their message are being deleted out of spite ? I'm not joking here , i lost dozens of hours of writing in the last months with all the deleted posts.

You're telling me that the amount of effort someone put into a comment isn't relevant ? Then why do you have a no effort rule to remove posts ? I personally thought that polishing my posts over and over for days before posting them was the thing to do here. I also thought that passing that much time to communicate about a subject concretely would have been encouraged by the mods instead of plainly deleted without any concern to the writer. The mods are there to support the users and provide them a positive environment to share their passion ; not squelch the internet people that they don't like. 

This whole thing just felt like a mod abusing his power to silence or censor me , and that's when i think it cross a certain line.

I can accept the consequences of my acts when i'm responsible of them ; in this case i literally did nothing. It's just a mod who hates me and tries to find any reason he can to delete my posts.

My comments were on topic like it or not , you can do all the mental gymnastic that you want to try and make me look bad but it doesn't change the real facts and the dedication i've been showing to this very subject. It's a thread about mysteries , that include the mural too. Showing the solution to this mural isn't a finality in itself ; it opens the door to many more subjects actually.

It's not because a mod judge that something is off topic that it's the case in reality. Where are the moderation process for the mods themselves ? If a mod got a personal issue with a user , should they just let others moderate that particular user for more transparency ?

If there's no moderation rules for the mods themselves and that i should basically just shut up , lock the thread please. In the end though everyone will be a loser. I'll stop sharing my passion on these forums and just finally create my own platform. The mystery community which is basically non-existant nowadays will sleep until R* give them another cookie in a new patch.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to be a thread aiming at particular mods but a thread about the general rules concerning the moderation of this forums and how it's handled. Let's drop the personal accusations and let's stay on concrete solutions for this matter.

• Pyrrhic likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Am Shaegar, 4 weeks ago.

That was my main concern when i created this thread here. I'm someone who assume himself and the consequences off my acts. If i do something wrong,  i will take the consequences gladly. In this situation though it's very different. I'm basically accused off being a troll by a mods and he seems to take fun in targeting me personally. This is called targeted harassment and should be frowned upon.

I felt the same when my posts were targeted in a topic where many other posters used to make irresponsible, off-topic comments which the said moderator didn't edit, nor hide/remove it. This is exactly why I'm also confused as to what rules apply to whom, and what made my posts so different than the rest for moderator's action?

Regarding the proof, here are some of those topics with posts (#1, #2, and a lot of other posts in the IV section) by the said moderator that I'm referring to. 

Firstly, I did not engage in any conversation with him because that's exactly rules expect me to do - either ignore such posts, or just report them. There is nothing in those posts that was specifically focused on having a good discussion rather than just make some sarcastic remarks to annoy the readers as evident from this post, and here.

Now, I didn't go quite so far looking his entire posting history, but whatever time I have spent in this forum while observing his posts and approach to discussions, I definitely find him no different that what the OP is being accused here. That was my point, and also a concern that because OP (and many other like him) is an ordinary member, it's easy to apply rules on him, but when it comes to a moderator's conduct (specifically the one I'm talking about), it seems like it doesn't matter?

• Galehaut likes this

Static
  • Static

Natural blondie like Goku

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

He state that i'm '' baiting '' people which is clearly a personal judgement based on nothing. Else i would have been simply warned and he could have clearly stated why instead of finding a reason by taking a bad joke out of context and accusing me of being dishonest plainly.

Moreover , Anyone with a clue could do a simple search on my name to see that I've been dedicated in debunking the remaining mysteries for the last year. We're talking about hundreds of hours of research. 

It's relevant here considering that most trolls spit one line that takes them 1 minute to write. I write researches and complete posts that takes hours to create. Which of those 2 individuals are losing the most when their message are being deleted out of spite ? I'm not joking here , i lost dozens of hours of writing in the last months with all the deleted posts.

You're telling me that the amount of effort someone put into a comment isn't relevant ? Then why do you have a no effort rule to remove posts ? I personally thought that polishing my posts over and over for days before posting them was the thing to do here. I also thought that passing that much time to communicate about a subject concretely would have been encouraged by the mods instead of plainly deleted without any concern to the writer. The mods are there to support the users and provide them a positive environment to share their passion ; not squelch the internet people that they don't like. 

This whole thing just felt like a mod abusing his power to silence or censor me , and that's when i think it cross a certain line.

I can accept the consequences of my acts when i'm responsible of them ; in this case i literally did nothing. It's just a mod who hates me and tries to find any reason he can to delete my posts.

My comments were on topic like it or not , you can do all the mental gymnastic that you want to try and make me look bad but it doesn't change the real facts and the dedication i've been showing to this very subject. It's a thread about mysteries , that include the mural too. Showing the solution to this mural isn't a finality in itself ; it opens the door to many more subjects actually.

It's not because a mod judge that something is off topic that it's the case in reality. Where are the moderation process for the mods themselves ? If a mod got a personal issue with a user , should they just let others moderate that particular user for more transparency ?

If there's no moderation rules for the mods themselves and that i should basically just shut up , lock the thread please. In the end though everyone will be a loser. I'll stop sharing my passion on these forums and just finally create my own platform. The mystery community which is basically non-existant nowadays will sleep until R* give them another cookie in a new patch.

EDIT: This wasn't meant to be a thread aiming at particular mods but a thread about the general rules concerning the moderation of this forums and how it's handled. Let's drop the personal accusations and let's stay on concrete solutions for this matter.

"Anyone with a clue", there goes that demeaning nature of yours again. :^:

Honestly, if you were being targeted like you said, don't you think you would've been banned by now? Which is, by the way, about as concrete of a solution you're gonna get.  

This isn't a democracy, you don't have any inalienable rights, you don't have a say in how the the forum is ran. You're being provided a free service in which you are merely allowed to post, which is a privilege, not a right. 

I felt the same when my posts were targeted in a topic where many other posters used to make irresponsible, off-topic comments which the said moderator didn't edit, nor hide/remove it. This is exactly why I'm also confused as to what rules apply to whom, and what made my posts so different than the rest for moderator's action?

Regarding the proof, here are some of those topics with posts (#1, #2, and a lot of other posts in the IV section) by the said moderator that I'm referring to. 

Firstly, I did not engage in any conversation with him because that's exactly rules expect me to do - either ignore such posts, or just report them. There is nothing in those posts that was specifically focused on having a good discussion rather than just make some sarcastic remarks to annoy the readers as evident from this post, and here.

Now, I didn't go quite so far looking his entire posting history, but whatever time I have spent in this forum while observing his posts and approach to discussions, I definitely find him no different that what the OP is being accused here. That was my point, and also a concern that because OP (and many other like him) is an ordinary member, it's easy to apply rules on him, but when it comes to a moderator's conduct (specifically the one I'm talking about), it seems like it doesn't matter?

It's a well known fact that he's a IV fanboy (those medals ain't for nothing), but none of his posts were baiting, especially since the topic was solely opinion-based in nature. Are you trying to imply that because he's a mod, that he cant/shouldn't have a personal opinion? Believe it or not, the led-bys, mods, and admins are people too (well except for Voodoo & Kirsty)

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

Believe it or not, the led-bys, mods, and admins are people too (well except for Voodoo & Kirsty)

Spoiler

I hear if you summon their name three times they'll come to you like Beetlejuice. :blush:

How do any of these posts violate the rules? The first post you linked was perfectly on topic and is just my opinion on the subject so explain why it's rule breaking? 

I have a feeling you're just upset because they disparage San Andreas and just using my moderating position as an excuse. None of the posts you listed show me baiting anyone like you're insinuating so you don't have a thing to stand on.

Also it's a bit odd how you don't call me by name only by my position like I'm some kind of robot. :/

• theGTAking101 likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 4 weeks ago

-

If you're content doesn't quite belong in any of the threads but you still want to see it shared/discussed, my advice is to PM a MOD about if so you can find a place to open a new thread just for you discussion and the rest of staff know that you had permission to do it.
  • Galehaut likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

So here's what I have gathered after reading into this about three different times....just so I seem to fully understand what's going on.

You have been pushing negatively in the same topic for months now and even though no one seems to care about your so called facts those others wish to discuss a particular subject regardless of what information you provided....

Yet you continue to make basically the same posts and make the same claims adding a bit of "Big me / Little you" attitude which is causing your posts to be reported and thus removed. Nothing you have been censored on is nothing you haven't tried to shove down peoples throats time and time again. So the point RedDagger has been trying to make is if you don't like a particular subject then don't post. If you do and it gets ignored, then move on and quit antagonizing people with your naive remarks.

You post like an Adult who enjoys picking on children who still like a bit of pretending and if that's your sort of thing then take it to another board.

• StangOne50 likes this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

• Members
  • Canada

You have been pushing negatively in the same topic for months now and even though no one seems to care about your so called facts those others wish to discuss a particular subject regardless of what information you provided....

The '' big me , little you '' attitude you describe is just a personal judgement once again. Your personal feelings on a user shouldn't affect your moderation judgement,  it's the point of this whole thread. You should be someone cold who judge the facts presented in front of him. My 2 last posts broke no rule and there was absolutely no reason to remove them.

Those threads are going on for more than 4 years now. There's many communities that were created among-st these mystery hunters. I'm the new guy who joined last year and mainly worked solo to solve the whole thing. They don't like me and they do everything they can to harass me. It went as far as Doxing / DDos'ing me and spreading false rumors on the internet everywhere they could. In such a context , you understand that there's a sort of history between me and the users who reported me. I would go as far as to say that they're abusing the report button at this point. These guys form a little clique and always like each other posts , always post against me. Going from that behavior i'm pretty sure they're always reporting my posts too. On Reddit for example , my karma is in the hundreds / thousands on all the subs i frequent. On Chilliad subreddit , my comments are capped at -100. (they've been downvoting everything i post there  , 4-5 downvotes at a time.)

You should look at both sides off the medal here. On one side you have old fan boys who just detest me and will do anything they can to get at me. On the other hand , there are millions of people around the world agreeing with me , making videos about this , using it as a solution to the mural for GTAV in their wiki. I released this work 1 year ago exactly , i had both people congratulating me for my extensive research and other people who just insulted me. The common denominator of the people insulting me was that they never actually gave a single thought about the whole thing , they never cared enough to take 10 minutes to read my stuff which could have saved us all a lot of time. Yet they will gladly take hours to insult me on some forums just out of spite.

Your sentence itself is completely contradictory. You call my verifiable facts '' so called facts '' and then conclude that if the few minority of users on that particular thread don't feel like chatting about it , i should give up. Why would you give more importance to some users over others ? shouldn't mods ultimately be the referees ? If they're allowed to share what i think is pure lies , i should be able to share my refutation. If the mods have to take a decision , they should go for the easily verifiable facts over the pure fabrication simply put. To know the difference between both though , it takes someone with enough interest and knowledge on the subject to be able to understand all that.

Nothing you have been censored on is nothing you haven't tried to shove down peoples throats time and time again. So the point RedDagger has been trying to make is if you don't like a particular subject then don't post. If you do and it gets ignored, then move on and quit antagonizing people with your naive remarks.

The 2 last posts were new information from October 2017 that i never posted before so that's just false. Yes i mentioned the mural again , because that's the subject. Rockstar confirmed that the cannon ending is C in the last patch. The mural shows the cannon ending which is C. I'm sorry if i had to bring it up , i thought it was important in the circumstances.

Once again you pass a judgement on me , labeling me as the bad guy , when it takes 2 people to have a conversation. If other users spread lies to push their own narrative , i usually step in to set things straight. After 4 years , i feel that everyone including the new players deserve to know the reality and the limitation of this game. One of the last comment state : '' Either way, unless the "time" vs "weather" vs "sun/moon phases" puzzle is solved, for certain conditions to take place to further the MYSTERY progress... '' Which is a lie. We can search the files for these specific conditions , it's well known and easily verifiable. These kind of post should be deleted ; not mine.

... quit antagonizing people with your naive remarks.

You post like an Adult who enjoys picking on children who still like a bit of pretending and if that's your sort of thing then take it to another board.

Huh ... ? i don't even know how to respond to that.

• Pyrrhic and Am Shaegar like this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

" The '' big me , little you '' attitude you describe is just a personal judgement once again. "

Which has been pointed out more than enough by others here.

" You should be someone cold who judge the facts presented in front of him. ''

I'm not a judge. I just play one on TV. :^:

" On Reddit for example "

Don't care what happens on other boards.

"You should look at both sides off the medal here. On one side you have old fan boys who just detest me and will do anything they can to get at me."

That IS both sides of the medal. The users in that thread are discussing a subject you want to debunk, but they ignore you and it irritates you. Also yes they are "Fans" on a GTA board.

" On the other hand , there are millions of people around the world agreeing with me "

HAHAHHAHAHA!

" they never cared enough to take 10 minutes to read my stuff which could have saved us all a lot of time ''

Whos's they? Are how could they possibly matter when you said MILLIONS agree with you. You can't bitch and moan about the non believers when you have MILLIONS!

'' Why would you give more importance to some users over others ? shouldn't mods ultimately be the referees ? ''

For the numbereth time...you go into the topic with the attitude everyone is wasting their time and they should stop because you said so with your research.

• Craig, StangOne50 and Femme Fatale like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 4 weeks ago

millions of people around the world agreeing with me , making videos about this , using it as a solution to the mural for GTAV in their wiki.

baloes-de-ego.html.jpg?v=20170903090017

• fashion likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 4 weeks ago

Am Shaegar: Are you even going to address my post or are you just hoping I'm going to sweep it under a rug and forget about it? I don't take too kindly to accusations being thrown at me for what it seems to be out of the blue with no other reason than someone being pissy that I said a few bad things about their favourite GTA.

In fact if you really feel that strongly about it make a new thread entirely as this one's for a different matter. 

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Galehaut, 3 weeks ago.

" The '' big me , little you '' attitude you describe is just a personal judgement once again. "

Which has been pointed out more than enough by others here.

" On Reddit for example "

Don't care what happens on other boards.

And ? It was pointed by what , 7 , 8 people ? on a forum frequented by how many users exactly ? Why do you think that your personal opinion about a user or even what other users think about a certain users change anything in the way you'll moderate around here ? 

There are 650' 000 views on that thread only. Every users are equally important and the fact that you give more importance to the users you agree with justify this thread in itself. I personally find this shameful for anyone involved.

It's just a forum used to share our passions , it shouldn't be used by mods to bully people personally because they don't like them. Reddit becomes relevant in this situation considering that the mystery community of this thread are the same users frequenting the Chilliad subreddit. It's a lot more relevant when the mods give more weight to those users while not knowing that these very users are bullying everyone who don't agree with them for years now.

It's pretty clear that you came in this thread with bad intentions so excuse me if i choose to ignore you from now on. Your whole argument can be read in your last sentence :''For the numbereth time...you go into the topic with the attitude everyone is wasting their time and they should stop because you said so with your research.''

Which is false. I go into the topic with facts and scientific methods. If people talk about subjects that were already debunked through the code , i tell them to stop wasting their time and to concentrate on stuff that still can't be explained. You would know all that if you took a moment to understand the situation instead of reacting emotively.

millions of people around the world agreeing with me , making videos about this , using it as a solution to the mural for GTAV in their wiki.

No EGO ; only the harsh reality that most people choose to ignore. In my opinion , Egoist people are all those judging someone's work without even reading it. You out of all the people on these forums should know this considering your actual knowledge of GTAV. My only goal since the beginning was to find the truth and spread it. I never thought it would bring that much hate and controversy.

I'm a truth seeker , if i'm wrong i'd like to know.I'm pretty sure you actually never cared to check the information before posting that pic.

Oh the reality. 

JVC - Equivalent of IGN in France : http://www.jeuxvideo...liad-resolu.htm

EDIT : And to come back on topic ; Shouldn't a post like the one Spider just did be considered out of topic and a bait ? 

That's why every forums needs strict moderation rules that are also enforced. Else it becomes very confusing and creates a lot more drama than anything else. Mods should be there to squelch drama and control it, not create it. If there's no control over the rules enforcement itself , it's bound to create drama between users in the long run.

We are all humans. Any kind of power can be abused ; there should be a way for the users to be heard other than PM'ing specific mods. That's how cliques are made and maintained.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users