Since when were bike physics this sh*t?

7 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

So uh I've been playing IV on my PC lately, and I can't help but notice how sh*t the bike physics are! I've always heard people talk about how bad the physics are, but when I played on PS3, the bike physics were fine. Now, the bike fishtails, spins out, swerves and all that crap. I swear this stuff never happened on PS3. Am I tripping, or what's going on?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago Edited by B Dawg, A week ago.

You must be tripping. That, or you could be affected by a very rare bug. I recall once driving around the airport, the bike would just constantly spin out from light steering as if the tires were shot even though they weren't.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I recall once driving around the airport, the bike would just constantly spin out from light steering as if the tires were shot even though they weren't.

That's pretty much what's happening to me, slightest tap on the gas and it's like traction never existed. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

Also, it can happen to cars as well in the tunnel between Alderney and Algonquin, unsure why.

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

Is it possible that you played TLAD or TBOGT before and not the vanilla game? Because the bike physics were greatly tightened in TLAD.

If not, maybe it's because you're now playing with keyboard and mouse as opposed to a joystick in the past? I doubt it would make that much of a difference, but I'm just throwing ideas at you now.

If none of the above is the case, then you are most likely tripping.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

I think the ''improvements to physics'' are simply a placebo. The only thing I've noticed being changed is that it's harder to fall off, and that isn't exactly a physics change/improvement.

Maybe limit the game to 60 FPS, maybe the handling is sh*tting itself at higher framerates?

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

It definitely is much harder to fall off, that's one of the bigger improvements, but are you sure bikes in general handle the same? Maybe the vanilla bikes handle the same, it's just that in TLAD we spend most of our time on the new bikes, which have better handling?

I might make a comparison on my PS3 when I get the chance, try driving the same bikes in both games. You've aroused my curiosity now, lol. I just don't believe it's simply a placebo.

Anyway, Claude, I hope we've helped at least a bit.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted A week ago

I do drive the Hellfury a lot, and never noticed any differences between IV and TLAD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users