Space left

5 replies to this topic
Hazzermelad
  • Hazzermelad

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I have 80gb left on my laptop. I know this is above the minimum requirement but I've seen some people say it can take up to double the space to install. Please can you advise me? :)

Douglas Quaid
  • Douglas Quaid

gta addict

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted A week ago

mine is 71.7gb Im using steam version

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

it is fitting on your space for now but rockstar havent said they won't update it anymore so you better get bigger hard drive (i got 500GB HDD for games, it's not expensive either).

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

it was about 60 gb on release and it's almost 72 gb now, so you can get away with 80 gb for some time but i suggest you clean up some space anyway.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago Edited by ACM-Jan, A week ago.

if you stuff your HDD too full you may slow down your PC and corrupt files (especially if you filling to the max main C:/ drive), sot it's for the files safety and optimum performance sake to get bigger HDD or as person above me mentioned clean it up so ~20 percent of hard drive would be available yet after downloading gta updates (in "Computer/This PC" section hard drives data bar turns red if you fill it too close to max)

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

My sincere advice is that laptops are not designed for serious gaming, as games are designed to use as much power as possible, whereas laptops are designed to use as little power as possible--a compromise that exists for those who require that their work is portable. I know this is a fact that is dismissed these days, but there you go.

Unless Australia is anomalous, a desktop is actually going to provide considerably more power, memory, and storage for less money. One could still buy an inexpensive laptop for miscellaneous use.

As an example, in the U.S. a 4TB WD hard drive is $99 shipped today from Newegg (#N82E16822235011), and a 1000GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD was $275 shipped on 10-28-17 (#N82E16820147374). These are brands that I use and recommend.

For a desktop, upgrades such as these would last many years. I have had my 750GB Samsung 840 EVO for 4 years now, and it is more than enough OS/applications space for the forseeable future. In fact, with a desktop, the only things that need to be upgraded regularly are the motherboard/CPU/RAM, say every 5 years, and the GPU, say every 2.5 years. Laptops generally have short life-spans, which is yet another factor that further increases the real cost over time. But manufacturers don't mind, lol.

Kifflom!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users