Quantcast

» «
Photo

Can You Perma-Miss Strangers & Freaks (Or Any Side) Missions?

19 replies to this topic
FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Ok, still in the very early stages of the Single Player game (been busy with school).

I had three missions on my map - a Strangers & Freaks (which turned out to be a race one, it was only second S & F mission in the game, the one after the very first one where you tow the vehicle with the crack head lady), a Simeon, and a Franklin.

I wanted to revisit the S&F one cuz annoying race, so I did the Franklin mission.

Then, I was on my way to do the Simeon mission when my first random event of the game (a robbery) and, after that, the S&F mission icon was gone from my map.

Have I missed this mission forever?

Will it come back?

Will new ones appear?

Thanks in advance.

I'm on PS4, if that makes any sort of difference.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:02 AM

Some side missions become available according to the individual's daily schedule. Just wait until night or day as the case may be. I wouldn't do story missions until you have done all secondary missions though, as I'm not sure they remain available forever. Perhaps someone else can verify whether that is true.

FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:08 AM Edited by FilthyLittleGod, 09 November 2017 - 01:10 AM.

@dryspace

Oh wow.

Ok.

Well this seemed like a night street race and my game is in day time now so I'm thinking it should reappear in the night, thanks!

I usually do try to do side missions before main story, I was just frustrated with the S & F race mission as I couldn't win it lol.

I have no problem starting a brand new character / game if it DOES turn out I've missed this mission, I'm not very far into the game yet.

Is there a way to quickly advance the time from day to night?

Also, are the only "main" missions the ones with the initials of a main character's name?

Like, are Simeon missions side or main?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:09 AM Edited by StangOne50, 09 November 2017 - 02:12 AM.

I think the only one you can really miss is the simeon event. The others should come back.

There are a couple random events where you meet characters that can be used for heists. They may not be available for the heists until you have completed the random event.

There is a point in the "crack head" ladies missions when you will need to call her to progress.

The night races are only available at certain times and should come back.

To advance time quickly just lay in a bed, saving is not needed. I believe trevor advances time 12 hours, Mike 6 hours and Frank 8 hours iirc.

FilthyLittleGod
  • FilthyLittleGod

Post Constructor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:20 AM Edited by FilthyLittleGod, 09 November 2017 - 02:21 AM.

..the "crack head" lady...

Is she NOT a crack head?

Also, thank you kindly!
  • StangOne50 likes this

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 01:53 PM

..the "crack head" lady...

Is she NOT a crack head?

Also, thank you kindly!

yeah, she's prostitute who lost some intelligence due to having history of crack using.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:02 PM Edited by Dryspace, 09 November 2017 - 02:02 PM.

I didn't know that Tonya was a prostitute. I mean, I don't find it surprising considering her...avocation, I just don't remember specifically learning that she was.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:15 PM

All the Strangers & Freaks missions and all side missions are available for the duration of the game. You should be aware that some are limited by time of day. For instance, all of Hau's street races and all of the Blaine County Off Road races are only available at night. Many of the others are only available at certain times during the day.

As for killing Simeon, that is the only one that is time sensitive with a small window. But it is also not required for 100% completion.

The Simeon Random Event becomes available after you complete Friend Request BUT will be gone forever once you complete Mr. Phillips.

just do it bob1
  • just do it bob1

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Not sure, but I would finish side missions whenever they appear. This way you can get 100% completion with little stress (if that's what you want.) 

I would NOT move onto story missions UNLESS you have completed the side missions 

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Not sure, but I would finish side missions whenever they appear. This way you can get 100% completion with little stress (if that's what you want.) 

I would NOT move onto story missions UNLESS you have completed the side missions 

Ha! This is the exact philosophy I have played ALL sandbox games since GTA III.

Although, I will say that you can get 100% completion and miss a ton of side missions and more than half of the random events. That said, I get the feeling you aren't talking about 100% completion, but are referring to getting every single box checked off in the Social Club.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

Simeon's random event is the only one missable, although it is advised to do the Duke'O'Death random event as soon as it shows up, as ignoring it for too long can reportedly cause it to bug out and disappear

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Tycek, 4 weeks ago.

I'm not sure if the issue is still present in the game, but last Dom's mission could disappear completely if he missed the truck in his penultimate task. This bug was definitely present in the last gen version, so don't quote me on its existence in the current gen game. It's just a heads up that it still may be there.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I didn't know that Tonya was a prostitute. I mean, I don't find it surprising considering her...avocation, I just don't remember specifically learning that she was.

If you pay attention to the conversations with her and Franklin you will learn that she was/is a hooker and recovering drug addict.  You might be thinking of Tanesha (spelling?) who is Franklin's ex-girlfriend who left the hood and dumped him to date (and later marry) a brain surgeon. She was the prettier one and didn't ruin her life with drugs.

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Like many said, killing simeon is the only one you can miss permanently because all the other ones can be done at any moment.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't know about that but it takes some random events a while to trigger.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

S&F missions definitely pop-up at a particular point in the story, and some even take the time of day into account. So, if the icon has disappeared then it could be that you are looking at the wrong time for the mission to show up on the map, or an unfortunate glitch/bug. Reloading the (prev) save is advisable. 

The same applies for then side missions.

The best approach would be to simply stop playing any story mission, once an icon (for S&F/SM's, or both) appears on the map. Try to complete them, or finish a couple of tasks of the side mission and then proceed with the story.

These are basically the "Let's take a break from the story.." type of missions, so it's a good thing to complete them as they happen, rather than leaving them for completion later. You can explore the map and do all kinds of sandbox mayhem, if you are not feeling the urge to complete them, but avoid playing any story missions in the meantime, as it'll help to reduce any chances of the game getting glitched or bugged.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

@SeberHusky

No, I was referring to Tonya. I listened to the conversations, I just didn't recall her or anyone else mentioning that she was a prostitute. I only knew that she was a crackhead...and not a recovering one. As I said, a crackhead prostituting herself isn't surprising, I just didn't recall it being mentioned.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 4 weeks ago.

@SeberHusky

No, I was referring to Tonya. I listened to the conversations, I just didn't recall her or anyone else mentioning that she was a prostitute. I only knew that she was a crackhead...and not a recovering one. As I said, a crackhead prostituting herself isn't surprising, I just didn't recall it being mentioned.

not exactly with those words but you can put together the picture if you listen the text that around the corner hints to those flaws in tonya

_P136_
  • _P136_

★★★★★

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

You can miss the opportunity to whack Simeon Yetarian, I managed to do just that. I replayed it from an earlier save when I realized it though.

I ignored the Duke of Death a couple of times and the event doesn't spawn for me anymore.

Also, if you let 

Spoiler
escape there's no way to gun that bastard down later. Same about
Spoiler

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh, by the way, you can definitely permanently miss phone calls that aren't directly related to missions. I missed a call from someone I did a little favor for because I hit someone on my motorcycle or something right after I answered the call.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users