Quantcast

» «
Photo

Account login for Xbox different than PC?

5 replies to this topic
DethMyst
  • DethMyst

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

I bought GTA 5 for the PC a few weeks ago.  Set up a Rockstar Social Club account name/password.

I bought an Xbox One X yesterday.  Ordered and downloaded GTA 5 for it.  I went to sign in to Social Club with same name/password I use for the Social Club on the PC - doesn't work.

Do console logins not work for Rockstar Social Club if you created the account on the PC version???

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 09 November 2017 - 02:27 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 09 November 2017 - 02:30 PM.

they should actually, all game platfroms send the data to same account but to get access you probably then have to connect the microsoft account with SC on pc browser: go to social club page, log in and click gear icon, Settings > "linked accounts" tab.

DethMyst
  • DethMyst

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:00 AM

they should actually, all game platfroms send the data to same account but to get access you probably then have to connect the microsoft account with SC on pc browser: go to social club page, log in and click gear icon, Settings > "linked accounts" tab.

Thank you!!  The Xbox is shut down for the night and it takes FOREVER to load GTA5 so I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Even on my PC which has a Samsung 950 Pro (x.2 Nvme ram) and reads at 2GB/sec (yes, I've tested it too!).  My PC has 16 gigs ram, my video card 4.  20 gigs total.  So reading @ 2GB/sec it would only take 10 seconds to fill all the RAM in my PC and video card.  Yet it takes well over a minute to load.  (and WAY longer on the One X) Hmph.  Anyway, another problem for another post.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 10 November 2017 - 03:58 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 10 November 2017 - 03:58 PM.

this isn't related to PC performance, its all in the bad servers for Social Club/GTA Online.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

didn't account transfer between platforms ended long ago ?

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 4 days ago

didn't account transfer between platforms ended long ago ?

noone talking about that

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users