894 replies to this topic
D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 days ago

He agrees with you though? He's talking from the perspective that people who don't think 'rockstar are c*nts' aren't allowed to post here because they get dogpiled. 

• JuniorChubb and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 3 days ago Edited by kenmy13999, 3 days ago.

Considering members don't have the ability to delete other member's posts and none of the admins are biased, do you have a single quote to back up the idea that people against T2's microtransaction model are wanting to ' censor, silence or prevent alternative opinions from people on a discussion forum.'?

Um, the guy I quoted?

I was responding to his comment in particular and how stupid it sounded. I never said that any other members want to silence me (although they have asked me to shut up  :lol:), nor have I implied a bias from forum moderators.

I was merely referring to his or her comment. 
It didn't for one second cross your mind that he might have been sarcastic?

Edit: I think what DB said in post above mine is the case
  • idonknowhow and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Considering members don't have the ability to delete other member's posts and none of the admins are biased, do you have a single quote to back up the idea that people against T2's microtransaction model are wanting to ' censor, silence or prevent alternative opinions from people on a discussion forum.'?

Um, the guy I quoted?

I was responding to his comment in particular and how stupid it sounded. I never said that any other members want to silence me (although they have asked me to shut up  :lol:), nor have I implied a bias from forum moderators.

I was merely referring to his or her comment. 
It didn't for one second cross your mind that he might have been sarcastic?

No it didn't.

1. You can't convey tone through text.

2. There are particular threads on this forum (Oppressor ridicule and hate thread for example) where people with a different viewpoint are urged by others to take their thoughts elsewhere. I assumed this person wanted a thread name change, where people with a different opinion are required to take their thoughts elsewhere.

• ragedandcaged likes this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago

Just surprising that someone who was going on about banter and being sarcastic couldn't spot someone else being sarcastic

• Mizz-Swagnificent, idonknowhow, Actlikeyouknow and 3 others like this

The-Irish-Hunter
  • The-Irish-Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death, The Hunter

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

2. There are particular threads on this forum (Oppressor ridicule and hate thread for example) where people with a different viewpoint are urged by others to take their thoughts elsewhere.

That's probably because that thread has a purpose, and it certainly isn't saying good things about the Broomstick.

People saying bad things about it in the Appreciation thread would also be told to leave. Because they would be in the wrong place.

• hei3enberg, Actlikeyouknow and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Just surprising that someone who was going on about banter and being sarcastic couldn't spot someone else being sarcastic

There's a difference between "We should change the thread name so people with an alternative opinion know to stay away" when an overwhelming majority are of the same opinion, and "I hope you are able to withstand the perilous nature of the big bad corporation, as they force you to purchase microtransactions" from a poster known on this thread to advocate for personal accountability from the context of this particular topic.   

2. There are particular threads on this forum (Oppressor ridicule and hate thread for example) where people with a different viewpoint are urged by others to take their thoughts elsewhere.

That's probably because that thread has a purpose, and it certainly isn't saying good things about the Broomstick.

People saying bad things about it in the Appreciation thread would also be told to leave. Because they would be in the wrong place.

Which is my point. 

I thought the poster was advocating for this thread to be like the Oppressor hate thread, and people with a different opinion take their thoughts elsewhere. 

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 2 days ago

Anyone got this bait offer as well? Please tell me to stay strong...

zImqc1J.jpg

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 days ago

Nobody but you thinks anyone wants this to be an endless ragging on R* thread, Aggregate. I'm certain most of us welcome disagreement, just not when it's in the form of points that have literally already been made in the thread countless times and debunked over and over. I don't agree with calling anyone who thinks R* is in the right a shill, just to make it clear.

• idonknowhow, The-Irish-Hunter, KWF1981 and 1 other like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

I made this point in RedDagger's thread about why MT's are sh*t, and I'm sure others here have made it as well, but I'll just say this again.

I genuinely have no idea how someone could think dropping $100 on a Megalodon card is a good idea, at least in this stage of the game's life. I can only assume these people (or their parents) are filthy rich. I mean, I'd never buy a shark card regardless, but at least back when the game came out, the prices made sense. Having 8 million in your Maze Bank account meant you were set. Now, that's not even enough to get you that sh*tty gold jet. For $100, you could get GTA V, GTA IV, AND IV's DLC's, which are actually filled with content worth the price.

A lot of people in this section don't seem to understand how the game's MT nature hinders it's own quality and potential. Just saying that it's free doesn't mean it's automatically good. More people here should read RedDagger's thread. And no, I'm not whining, because I don't play GTAO anymore, but this is still how I feel about it.
  • KWF1981 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Quinn_flower, 2 days ago.

Yes red's thread is very well though out. I would link it but ppl or fanboi are delusional and don't wanna to read.

No r* hates me so I didn't get a offer like that xD
  • Piggsy pls likes this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 days ago

It speaks volumes of your mentality when you want to censor, silence or prevent alternative opinions from people on a discussion forum.

Having your alternative opinion disproven is not censorship.
  • Ghoffman9, Actlikeyouknow, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Aggregate Demand, 2 days ago.

Nobody but you thinks anyone wants this to be an endless ragging on R* thread, Aggregate. I'm certain most of us welcome disagreement, just not when it's in the form of points that have literally already been made in the thread countless times and debunked over and over. I don't agree with calling anyone who thinks R* is in the right a shill, just to make it clear.

I never implied you do agree with it. 

But don't for a second think that there aren't posters on this thread who want nothing more than to rag on Rockstar for their current practices. If my "businesses will be businesses" rhetoric is endless, then so is the anti-Rockstar rhetoric.

And nothing has really been debunked. This is a completely subjective matter, and it doesn't matter the percentage of people who agree or disagree with microtransactions.

As an example, someone posted the Shark Card purchasing power graph. Here's my counter:

In early 2014, 12 hours of non-stop grinding could generate roughly $1 million ($80,000 Rooftop Rumble per hour, plus selling a car every hour).

In 2017, 12 hours of non-stop grinding could generate roughly $5 million ($825k from the bunker ($1.2m - $375k buying supplies), $700k from MC stuff, $500,000 from your car warehouse, $500,000 from your warehouse, $500,000 from CEO/VIP/MC/freemode work, and $2 million or more from PAC Standard if you're being cheeky with a bunch of friends).

In 2014, an Adder cost $1 million.

In 2017, a weaponized Ruiner costs $4.5 million.

Then comes the "fun" component we all love to talk about. What would you rather? Grind Rooftop Rumble for 12 hours, or grind a bunch of different stuff with your gamer friends, and have a blast? I know which one I'd rather.

But this isn't debunking the other person's opinion, is it? Because technically they had a fair point, and one which I actually agreed with. But my opinion isn't without merit either.

Which means that rather than say "why say this when we're all against you, and a weight of numbers renders our opinion correct and yours wrong" (which is kind of your point by using the word "debunk", isn't it?), why not accept that I can have my opinion, and you can have yours, and we can just agree to disagree?

Of course, you'll reply with something along the lines of "you're wrong, and this is why" and we'll continue the same pattern again and again, which is kind of antithetical to your previous point.

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 days ago

What would you rather? Grind Rooftop Rumble for 12 hours, or grind a bunch of different stuff with your gamer friends, and have a blast?

Neither.

I want to play, not to grind.
  • Actlikeyouknow and The-Irish-Hunter like this

Aggregate Demand
  • Aggregate Demand

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

What would you rather? Grind Rooftop Rumble for 12 hours, or grind a bunch of different stuff with your gamer friends, and have a blast?

Neither.

I want to play, not to grind.

But unless you're buying Shark Cards (which is generally taboo in these parts), the only way you can legitimately get all the cool sh*t is to grind. In 2014, you couldn't get an Adder by screwing around with your buddies in freemode, just like you can't buy an airplane hangar by doing beach PvP (if that's your thing) in 2017.

One of the biggest discussion points in this thread lies in either real life purchasing power from microtransactions, or time spent grinding to achieve outcomes. So while you may simply enjoy playing the game, others want to buy cool sh*t. That's achieved through certain means, which is why I wrote what I wrote.   

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 days ago

Yes red's thread is very well though out. I would link it but ppl or fanboi are delusional and don't wanna to read.

No r* hates me so I didn't get a offer like that xD

I think it's comments like this that led to the comment to change the name of the thread, everyone with a different view or opinion than you are delusional morons..

Comments like this would probably make me a delusional fanboi for pointing it out but I've read RedDaggers thread so that should probably save me, hopefully..

Spoiler

I see both sides in this discussion so I'm not taking sides either
I've run my own company since 2004 so I understand that the greedy bastards wants to make money on the product they're selling but as a customer I think they could offer more when they make as much money as they do.
I've had jobs that I made a lot of money and maybe even a little more than it actually was worth imo but I also did absolutely everything possible to make sure the customer were satisfied and felt they got what they payed for, they were also very satisfied and appreciated the extra effort I put in the job.

I think maybe this is an example on what some people feel like R* is doing wrong and not only that they want to make as much money as possible?

One example I think is that people should get a lot more than they do when they buy a Shark Card, another thing is that they should focus on fixing all bugs and glitches in the game, not only money glitches

Not sure my rl example fits the topic but I think it can be an example on how T2/R* could improve their 'attitude' towards the gamers/customers
  • Quinn_flower, JuniorChubb, KWF1981 and 1 other like this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 2 days ago Edited by JuniorChubb, 2 days ago.

Guys can’t we just change the thread name to “Rockstar are c*nts”?

That way people with an alternate opinion know to stay way?

It speaks volumes of your mentality when you want to censor, silence or prevent alternative opinions from people on a discussion forum

Why not rename the entire website while we're at it? "TiananmenSquareTanksandTears.com" has a nice ring to it. 

Volumes... really?

Seeing as you can garner so much of my personality from one sentence there is little point in me putting up an argument, add that to that my post was 'anti-censorship' there is even less reason for us to converse.

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Guys cant we just change the thread name to Rockstar are c*nts?

It speaks volumes of your mentality when you want to censor, silence or prevent alternative opinions from people on a discussion forum

Why not rename the entire website while we're at it? "TiananmenSquareTanksandTears.com" has a nice ring to it. 

Volumes... really?

Seeing as you can garner so much of my personality from one sentence there is little point in me putting up an argument, add that to that my post was 'anti-censorship' there is even less reason for us to converse.
Translation: You don't agree with me and you don't recognize why you need to agree with me to be right, so you're wrong, and therefore, I'm done talking to you. Real mature and legit, debate practises you got going there, you're only missing some juvenile 3rd grade insult...Basically everyone in this thread complaining about R* and the options they provide. (I see a lot of this in real life crap, too...)

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 days ago

Basically everyone in this thread complaining about R* and the options they provide. (I see a lot of this in real life crap, too...)

Let's see those options:

- Spending hundreds on Shark Cards to barely afford the new updates.
- Spending hours upon hours grinding the same old missions, business sales and heists over and over to barely afford the new updates.
- Glitch your money, which defeats the main objective of the game, which is to make money. This is why most people who glitch their monet turn into griefers.
- Not playing the game, which defeats the main objective of a game, which is to be played.

Yep, those options seems reasonable, of course.
  • The-Irish-Hunter and KWF1981 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 days ago Edited by KWF1981, 2 days ago.

^ The ever-growing part of the community that look to idle to keep up too. AFK playlists and such too.

I get why, but again, defeats the point of the game IMO.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 2 days ago Edited by JuniorChubb, 2 days ago.

Guys cant we just change the thread name to Rockstar are c*nts?

Volumes... really?

Translation: You don't agree with me and you don't recognize why you need to agree with me to be right, so you're wrong, and therefore, I'm done talking to you. Real mature and legit, debate practises you got going there, you're only missing some juvenile 3rd grade insult...Basically everyone in this thread complaining about R* and the options they provide. (I see a lot of this in real life crap, too...)

We agreed, he just didn't realise it. :)

He has accused me of trying to censor the thread, my complaint was the opposite. Pretty pointless entering a discussion with somebody who insults you when they agree with you...

Also starting with an insult to my 'mentality', not really a great opener for a conversation was it?
  • kenmy13999 likes this

Picklez
  • Picklez

There's always wood to chop.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Picklez, 2 days ago.

Nobody is trying to remove any apologist posts defending R* here. It's just that we have absolutely run out of patience for the same tired ass "businesses have to make money", "don't be so entitled", and "you don't HAVE to buy shark cards" posts. Seeing as how these are the only talking points every single R* defender uses, be prepared to get rightfully dog-piled. 

If you're a R* apologist and want to defend them in this thread, well then you better hope you're also a masochist lol.

• Arrows to Athens, The-Irish-Hunter and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 days ago

^ The ever-growing part of the community that look to idle to keep up too. AFK playlists and such too.

I get why, but again, defeats the point of the game IMO.

When you got a sizable portion of your playerbase idling around instead of properly playing you know that you did something very wrong.

You know what other recent game has an AFK problem? Star Wars Battlefront II lol.
  • Ghoffman9 and KWF1981 like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Jesus Christ. The adder wasn't game changing. Neither were apartments. Tanks were level locked. Nothing exactly bad.

Now? You've got yourself explosive rounds flying weaponized cars, very powerful choppers and flying bikes. Locked behind paywalls and multi million dollar price tags.

Look buddy, if you want a thread where you and your buddies can circle jerk to Strauss go ahead and make one. As you and many of "your kind say"

"If you don't like it, don't play it."
  • Ghoffman9, Arrows to Athens, The-Irish-Hunter and 1 other like this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Jesus Christ. The adder wasn't game changing. Neither were apartments. Tanks were level locked. Nothing exactly bad.

Now? You've got yourself explosive rounds flying weaponized cars, very powerful choppers and flying bikes. Locked behind paywalls and multi million dollar price tags.

Look buddy, if you want a thread where you and your buddies can circle jerk to Strauss go ahead and make one. As you and many of "your kind say"

"If you don't like it, don't play it."

Even back then the shark cards were overpriced, just not to that insane degree yet.

One hundred dollars got you a high end car, an apartment, and a bit to spare. I do not believe a price tag of nearly double the price of the game itself was a fair price for those items either.

They were not trying to blatantly rip us off yet to the ludicrous levels they are now.

Once they seen the earnings potential though, they cranked that sh*t up to eleven and beyond.

• Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 days ago

But unless you're buying Shark Cards (which is generally taboo in these parts), the only way you can legitimately get all the cool sh*t is to grind.

You perfectly described the problem her. Its either "buy sharkcards" or "grind your a$$ off".
There is no way of just playing diffrent stuff for sh*ts and giggles and make good money in the process. It is for example not possible to aquire a good amount of money in a considerable amount of time by just playing deathmatches.
  • The-Irish-Hunter, KWF1981, HamwithCheese and 1 other like this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users