Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most satisfying thing about GTA IV for you?

34 replies to this topic
Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The fact that it feels like nothing has been cut from the game unlike previous gta games and even gta v which gave me feels like a lot of stuff of stuff was cut due to either story inconsistencies or obvious leftovers in the world. 4 gave me no such feelings.

But...what about my fingerless gloves?

But really though, IV feels like a complete game right from the start. It didn't need monthly DLCs to keep the game alive with new vehicles & weapons that could've easily been added the main game.
Lol😂 Kinda disappointed they disabled them and the 2 other haircuts but hey, at least the game doesn't make references to the cut fingerless gloves in missions or dialogue etc.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The gun effects and sounds, you can really feel the impact both as a perpetrator and victim of gunfire. The very realistic re-creation of NYC and the way it feels in the game. 

• Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Oh without a doubt the driving physics. Without a damn doubt. Those physics never get old.

• Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The fact Niko, Johnny, and Luis all have different animations, weights, speed, etc. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor share animations for virtually everything outside of their basic walking animations. They don't really play like different characters as a result.

Along those lines the two episodes also changed fonts, text colors, HUD colors, pause menu colors, text effects (Grunge in TLAD, sparkles in TBOGT). Switching between the characters actually gave the impression of different perspectives, different experiences. I was very disappointed they couldn't bother to differentiate between the three characters in V.

What a joke Sarwar claimed V was three games in one in that interview.
  • Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101, ExTerminator and 1 other like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The fact Niko, Johnny, and Luis all have different animations, weights, speed, etc. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor share animations for virtually everything outside of their basic walking animations. They don't really play like different characters as a result.

Along those lines the two episodes also changed fonts, text colors, HUD colors, pause menu colors, text effects (Grunge in TLAD, sparkles in TBOGT). Switching between the characters actually gave the impression of different perspectives, different experiences. I was very disappointed they couldn't bother to differentiate between the three characters in V.

What a joke Sarwar claimed V was three games in one in that interview.

That's a great point. The base game and the two dlc's really felt like separate entity's. You see Liberty City from an immigrants perspective with Niko, an outsider becoming involved in the seedy criminal underbelly of a completely new environment.

With Johnny you get to experience a very personal gangland feud with the AoD. A different side of the criminal underworld. Where your associates aren't just that, they are your brothers.

And with Luis you have the glitz and glamour of the Liberty night life intertwined with crime as Tony looking for a lifeline becomes involved with the mob and other undesirables

It's a testament to the quality of the writing that in each instance Liberty City has it's own distinct vibe and atmosphere.
  • Official General and GTA_The_Series like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users