Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most satisfying thing about GTA IV for you?

55 replies to this topic
Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

The fact that it feels like nothing has been cut from the game unlike previous gta games and even gta v which gave me feels like a lot of stuff of stuff was cut due to either story inconsistencies or obvious leftovers in the world. 4 gave me no such feelings.

But...what about my fingerless gloves?

But really though, IV feels like a complete game right from the start. It didn't need monthly DLCs to keep the game alive with new vehicles & weapons that could've easily been added the main game.
Lol😂 Kinda disappointed they disabled them and the 2 other haircuts but hey, at least the game doesn't make references to the cut fingerless gloves in missions or dialogue etc.
  • theGTAking101 and eCola like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

The gun effects and sounds, you can really feel the impact both as a perpetrator and victim of gunfire. The very realistic re-creation of NYC and the way it feels in the game. 

• Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Oh without a doubt the driving physics. Without a damn doubt. Those physics never get old.

• Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:03 AM

The fact Niko, Johnny, and Luis all have different animations, weights, speed, etc. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor share animations for virtually everything outside of their basic walking animations. They don't really play like different characters as a result.

Along those lines the two episodes also changed fonts, text colors, HUD colors, pause menu colors, text effects (Grunge in TLAD, sparkles in TBOGT). Switching between the characters actually gave the impression of different perspectives, different experiences. I was very disappointed they couldn't bother to differentiate between the three characters in V.

What a joke Sarwar claimed V was three games in one in that interview.
  • Algonquin Assassin, albanyave, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:40 PM

The fact Niko, Johnny, and Luis all have different animations, weights, speed, etc. Michael, Franklin, and Trevor share animations for virtually everything outside of their basic walking animations. They don't really play like different characters as a result.

Along those lines the two episodes also changed fonts, text colors, HUD colors, pause menu colors, text effects (Grunge in TLAD, sparkles in TBOGT). Switching between the characters actually gave the impression of different perspectives, different experiences. I was very disappointed they couldn't bother to differentiate between the three characters in V.

What a joke Sarwar claimed V was three games in one in that interview.

That's a great point. The base game and the two dlc's really felt like separate entity's. You see Liberty City from an immigrants perspective with Niko, an outsider becoming involved in the seedy criminal underbelly of a completely new environment.

With Johnny you get to experience a very personal gangland feud with the AoD. A different side of the criminal underworld. Where your associates aren't just that, they are your brothers.

And with Luis you have the glitz and glamour of the Liberty night life intertwined with crime as Tony looking for a lifeline becomes involved with the mob and other undesirables

It's a testament to the quality of the writing that in each instance Liberty City has it's own distinct vibe and atmosphere.
  • Official General and Big_Smiley like this

albanyave
  • albanyave

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:36 AM

One of the most satisfying things about the game would have to be the random pedestrian encounters. Niko has a story to tell but we as players get to see an entire spectrum of people living in Liberty. Remember Jeff and Eddie? How about Marnie and Mel? And who can forget Gracie?  The game is so complete that it almost feels real. If you let your mind go, you can make yourself a random ped with your own story to tell. Add the soundtrack and amazing detail makes a wonderful experience. 

So satisfying.

• theGTAking101, Jeansowaty, Payne Killer and 5 others like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

The heavy and cumbersome feel of the vehicles. And the feeling of strong impact when firing bullets.

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:09 AM

The Realism of the game it feels more realistic the n gta 5 even.I was driving today and seen somebody getting pulled over on the freeway peds cannot hit you in front of a police or they would get arrested everybody has their own story in gta 4 like literally almost every ped has a deep side story

Your friends getting upset that you haven't called them in a while like Brucie I never ever call brucie but I called him to go help riding and he was like "it must be the juices because I thought you forgot about me"

The internet is also fun to be on for a long time I spend a lot of time just reading profiles online in gta 4 liberty city is so huge that no character is the main focus of the city you know like how in gta 5 or other gtas after a while its like the entire city knows you? It's multiple celebrities even Katt Williams haves shows in liberty City and he's not even the main focus
  • Algonquin Assassin and albanyave like this

Shakermaker
  • Shakermaker

Black Hole Sun

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

The city environment. The best thing about it. 

• rampage08 likes this

TakeshiSantos
  • TakeshiSantos

O Partner, Where Art Thou?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

The characters and the storyline. Along with TLaD and TBoGT, the characters are memorable and interesting, and the connected stories make it even more interesting.

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and theGTAking101 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

I finally have IV, vanilla IV. I haven't been able to play this game since mid-2016 til my disc drive quit. I hadn't properly played it care-free without lag since February 2016. I got TBoGT back in March, but it's never been my favorite IV.

Immediately the most satisfying thing upon returning is that incredibly diverse and overall amazing soundtrack. So much diversity and so many quality tracks. It's great.

Hilariously, the most controversial thing about IV is what I immediately find most welcoming. Those tones, that draw distance. The atmosphere. It's so real and hasn't changed a bit. This is really one of those games that I can play, quit, and come back to and feel comfortable. Nostalgia is there but it ain't overwhelming and I quickly get back into the groove of playing the game.

This whole game has been satisfying thus far. I'm only on like the 5th mission and everything is great. It helps that loading times are instant and there is no lag.

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and theGTAking101 like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• BUSTED!
  • Mexico

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

This crazy motherf*cker, much more fun than Niko IMO.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Piggsy pls, eCola and 4 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:17 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 30 December 2017 - 12:18 AM.

This crazy motherf*cker, much more fun than Niko IMO.

giphy.gif

Welcome back btw. :^:

• anthony, Scaglietti, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

Yeah welcome back! Where have you been? lmao!

OT: It's gotta be Liberty City and the NPCs, everything feel so much alive.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Payne Killer and eCola like this

eCola
  • eCola

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:26 AM

The multiplayer -- it's simple fun and it's undoubtedly timeless. At least it doesn't need sh*t like this hunk of junk:

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz, anthony and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:04 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 30 December 2017 - 07:05 AM.

It's been a few years since I played GTA IV's multiplayer, but times were much simpler. Everytime you started the game you weren't hit in the face with multiplayer related loading screens like GTAO and probably the biggest thing is single player in GTA IV was never compromised as a result.

I miss the simplistic yet highly addicting multiplayer of GTA IV and even RDR, but R*don't care when they make billions from Shark Cards.

• B Dawg, SchizNitz, anthony and 4 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

My bike is harmed, you will be harmed

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:06 AM Edited by B Dawg, 30 December 2017 - 10:11 AM.

GTA Online is all quantity and zero quality control, combined with the poor core gameplay of V. You can give it a thousand updates, but they'll all end up making it worse each time. I'll stick to the superior multiplayers of IV and TLAD, meanwhile everyone else can have fun contracting brain cancer on GTA:O. With Niobium and Drunken Cowboy were on TLAD instead of GTA:O lol.

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz, anthony and 4 others like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:11 AM

The multiplayer -- it's simple fun and it's undoubtedly timeless. At least it doesn't need sh*t like this hunk of junk:

https://www.youtube....h?v=XiK59FnxOwc

Yeah, back then my online days were filled with 90% free roam deathmatch, and it was so fun and simple, no need to worry about money and stuff.
  • anthony and eCola like this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

GTA Online is all quantity and zero quality control, combined with the poor core gameplay of V. You can give it a thousand updates, but they'll all end up making it worse each time. I'll stick to the superior multiplayers of IV and TLAD, meanwhile everyone else can have fun contracting brain cancer on GTA:O. With Niobium and Drunken Cowboy were on TLAD instead of GTA:O lol.

This is what I've always felt. IV at times sacrificed flash for substance. V is all flash, very little substance.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, anthony and 1 other like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:59 PM

I don't even understand why they bothered bringing back the jetpack at this point, it's actually useless compared to all the other weird sh*t they've released in the game like flying rocket cars and bikes.
  • Algonquin Assassin and eCola like this

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

I don't even understand why they bothered bringing back the jetpack at this point, it's actually useless compared to all the other weird sh*t they've released in the game like flying rocket cars and bikes.
I wonder how's the Jetpack handling lol.
  • anthony likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

I wonder how's the Jetpack handling lol.
I tried it in SP with mods and it feels clunky IMO.
  • eCola likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

San Andreas fanboys have to be catered for. They’ve been crying for the bloody thing for the last 4 years.
  • anthony and Piggsy pls like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

You still need a goddamn mod to have it in SP, and a PC or CG console to even have a simple glimpse, nice.
  • Piggsy pls likes this

Tony Montana98
  • Tony Montana98

I just joined this site.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:52 PM Edited by Tony Montana98, 02 January 2018 - 03:27 PM.

The cars

I hate driving on GTA IV it's fúcking weird, and so hard. 

It's just really bad.

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

The cars

I hate driving on GTA IV it's fúcking weird, and so hard. 

It's just really bad.

wrong topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users