Quantcast

» «
Photo

Most satisfying thing about GTA IV for you?

34 replies to this topic
Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

For me it has to be the brilliant shooting mechanics and watching enemies react to being shot. Never gets old.

Also that sickening thud when you hit peds with a car.
  • gunziness, Official General, Jeansowaty and 3 others like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

When being chased by the cops pulling off a series of sweet drifting turns through the streets of Liberty leaving them behind. Bonus points if using a muscle car.

Using freeaim well during a shootout, feeling like a Serbian terminator.

An epic 6 star chase culminating in escaping into the subway on a bike. It's specific but it happened recently.
  • Luke Ferris likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by TheOneLibertonian, 2 weeks ago.

Most satisfying thing in GTA IV for me is when Niko kills Dimitri at the end of the game. After what he's done to betray and taunt Niko by kidnapping Roman, I feel that killing him was very satisfying not just from Niko's standpoint, but also from the player's perspective as well. I eagerly waited to finally kill that treacherous, lying piece of sh*t of a scum. 

The only disappointing thing about it is Niko didn't cut his face off and put it in his wall. ;)

• Jeansowaty and Luke Ferris like this

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

QA @ EA Bucharest

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

The euphoria physics itself, man, those were the days, free roaming and watching it all go down from there  :cry:  :inlove:

• GTA_The_Series, ClaudeIzABadAzz and DOUGL4S1 like this

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

The characters, each character was unique and different. I really connected to them, and that made my experience of GTA IV amazing. But the most satisfying thing was the city, walking through times square at night and seeing the buildings light up, makes it a truly wonderful experience.

• EtherTakeover and Luke Ferris like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 2 weeks ago

The driving.

• Zello likes this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

The most satisfying thing for me in IV is starting a new game and hearing that infamous "Daddy's back, you bitches!" It's even funnier if you assume R* is talking about themselves returning from their 4 year gap between SA and IV. 

• Rafae, RaMMy, Mr_Rager and 2 others like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

The physics, and walking around the city taking in all the beautiful scenery.

• Mr_Rager likes this

JavierC
  • JavierC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Oh man.

- Being in a chase and drifting in a curve nice and smoothly without losing speed.

- Being in a shootout, with no music and no OST realistic as it can be, raising hell on earth.

- Walking without HUD and map around the city, contemplating pederestians and hearing phone conversations.

- Hearing Niko and a story character exchange a sarcastical conversation.

- This:

• Pyrrhic, Journey_95 and theGTAking101 like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fighting pedestrians, hitting them with a baseball bat in the head when theyre sitting on a bench, long shootouts with cops inside the various interiors, driving, running people over, knocking motorcycle drivers off their bikes, etc

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Another one for me is going bowling with Roman.

• Luke Ferris likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

The Ragdoll/Euphoria Physics, pushing people down ladders on the subway is pretty fun.

Davao
  • Davao

GTA 4 Rules!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

That police glitch on one of the highways and everytime they come to you they fall below and die.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

LCHC, I never expected R* to include an extreme metal station.
  • B Dawg and Mr_Rager like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Euphoria physics, knee-capping people with the Combat Pistol never gets old.

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ViceBoy69, 2 weeks ago.

After all this time it is still a great game to play, i remember back on release day i was living in canada and i got the game before any of my friends in the Uk, i did a write up for a magazine called MicroMart which has  gone now, i remember being blown away by the way the game looked, The first time you walk down the stairs from Romans apartment and open the door and see the different pedestrians doing their own thing, the food vendor across the road and finding out you could actually throw things at him and make him mad.

I dont think it has aged badly at all, it still draws me back in any time i play it i still find things i havent seen before, pedestrians always seem to have something new to say, there is always some noise going off in the background, cars being stolen, alarms going off, the game has always felt alive, out of all GTA games i have always wished i could live in the game and feel the atmosphere for myself, hangout with Jacob, listen to Roman and his crazy dreams, even be fun to go racing with Brucie annoying as he is.

I just love the game i always will

• Algonquin Assassin and Luke Ferris like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

For me it is what everybody else seems to loathe in GTAIV - driving and graphics. I think these are precisely what make GTAIV great. Driving that requires some mastery and rugged, rough look of the game . 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Scaglietti, 2 weeks ago.

Speeding through town effortlessly no matter the car while others bitch about how hard driving is or how bad the physics supposedly are and how it's not about "getting good" it's about them being sh*t... M'kay, believe whatever one makes you feel better! ;)
  • B Dawg, theGTAking101 and Zello like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The driving. Going from the top of Algonquin to the bottom at breakneck speeds in a Dukes, drifting, not hitting anything, all the while being chased by the cops is very fun.

The shooting and Melee combat is great also. Found myself playing this game for the first time in about a year because of these two things.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

How realistic it feels to kill peds.

• theGTAking101 likes this

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chrome horses with pink dollar horseshoes.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The atmosphere, the euphoria physics, the driving and just how great the story is. By the time you start working with Pegorino whilst wearing expensive suits, you really feel like you're inside a Sopranos episode. I never felt like a mafioso in any other game but GTA IV, Mafia 1 and 2.

• Algonquin Assassin, Rafae and LincolnClay like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

The physics and getting to see beeg american tiddies with your cousin.

• Algonquin Assassin, Gunnalingus, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

At this point it's being with the characters again and taking part in a world that doesn't react to the player like a movie set. Now that we're close to 10 years of IV, I'm realizing that the late 2000s were actually kinda comfy. I appreciate the soundtrack now more than ever, lot of stuff on LCHC, The Journey, Radio Broker are stuff the average person wouldn't pick and in turn I find myself discovering more each time I go back.
  • Plank., universetwisters and theGTAking101 like this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Life is a risk eśe, choose carefully holmes -Mr.Cartoon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The euphoria physics itself, man, those were the days, free roaming and watching it all go down from there  :cry:  :inlove:

A shame R* f*cked it up in V. But hey? IV still has it's flaws till this day. Ragdolls and other things is what makes me go back to IV once in a while. The DLC's were a grate add on to IV aswell.
  • RaMMy likes this

KGBeast
  • KGBeast

A little Hoagy Carmichael

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

The quality of the shooting. You can feel the weight and see the effect of every bullet you fire. Enemies get knocked back, and fall down, and stumble, and limp around. In V it feels like unloading airsoft guns on paper targets that immediately collapse and might as well have not existed. No weight, no impact, no reaction. Then a vehicle spontaneously explodes.
  • Algonquin Assassin, Official General, Piggsy pls and 3 others like this

Luke Ferris
  • Luke Ferris

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Without doubt the freedom to wander around, usually causing mayhem.  But the verbals from the cops, and other characters, are priceless.  Today I replayed Four Leaf Clover, accidentally knocking down a pedestrian in the cop chase at the end.  Packie's "It wasn't your fault Niko" - not heard that one before - made me laugh out loud. 

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

dunno

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

driving over people is surprisingly satifying

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

driving over people is surprisingly satifying

I love the sound it makes when you hit them. In V it sounds and feels like the peds have no weight.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The fact that it feels like nothing has been cut from the game unlike previous gta games and even gta v which gave me feels like a lot of stuff of stuff was cut due to either story inconsistencies or obvious leftovers in the world. 4 gave me no such feelings.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

The fact that it feels like nothing has been cut from the game unlike previous gta games and even gta v which gave me feels like a lot of stuff of stuff was cut due to either story inconsistencies or obvious leftovers in the world. 4 gave me no such feelings.

But...what about my fingerless gloves?

But really though, IV feels like a complete game right from the start. It didn't need monthly DLCs to keep the game alive with new vehicles & weapons that could've easily been added the main game.

• Darealbandicoot likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users