REXX's Puzzles [PS4]

7 replies to this topic
REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:43 PM Edited by REXX, 01 November 2017 - 01:43 PM.

Hello to the GTA Forums community again! You may have already recognized a few of my other threads in the Creator section such as my Photography Sets and Stunt Races.

In 2014 I began experimenting with Captures in the Creator. Only recently I came across an old project from my PS3 days which caught my attention. It was a hardly finished puzzle-like Capture. I decided to finish it (which took around 3 weeks). I believe it is a completely new way to look at Captures which is why I have decided to "try" and publish a new puzzle every month here on the forums for the community to figure out.

NOTES/RULES

- The puzzles are mainly meant to be played with friends to prevent conflicts.

- I would appreciate it if you DO NOT post the steps (or possible shortcuts) if you figure out the puzzle. The post will be deleted if done so.

- I have some puzzles in mind that will make use of the Transform Creator once it is released.

To begin things, here's the very first puzzle!

CRYPTIC CONSTRUCTION

2_2.jpg

Game Mode: Capture - Contend

Players: 2 - 4

There's a case full of money on top of a construction site, the only problem is getting to it. Players must make their way up to the case by making use of their surroundings. Search for orange cones in certain areas to get clues on how to progress. If you die, you will respawn at the bottom and will have to make your way back up. So be careful! You have 30 minutes to complete the puzzle. A fun and challenging capture for friends. CREATOR'S TIP: Certain objects can be lifted with Forklifts.

Link:
http://rsg.ms/903edcd

Good luck and enjoy! :)

UPDATE: Fixed a few issues, edited description and made certain sections easier to figure out :)

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 31 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Looks like a nice idea Rexx...

I really like the idea of taking what R* has given us and making something different from your average Capture. My only concern is accidentally producing something that falls into that dreaded 'Parkour $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ insane RP' category. I have tried a few things but rarely finish them as I prefer making races.

Gonna fire it up now and run through it with my son, I hope my Zelda puzzle solving experience will give me the edge over his Run 'n Gun abilities.  :lol:

• REXX likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

:D hopefully you don't end up killing each other! Its mainly for friends to prevent the killing :p Work together if you have too :p

TheLordMarvel
  • TheLordMarvel

This is MY yard.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:45 PM

You gotta do like some Parkour stuff to get the money? I'm in!! Definitely will download it. It'll help with my need to play AC: Origins. On an unrelated note, Banks in the UK are slow as f*cking sh*t!!! Lol. - 

• REXX likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:53 PM

You gotta do like some Parkour stuff to get the money? I'm in!! Definitely will download it. It'll help with my need to play AC: Origins. On an unrelated note, Banks in the UK are slow as f*cking sh*t!!! Lol. - 

Yes, in a way. Its more of an explore around/trial and error kind of theme. In fact, Cryptic Construction was inspired by a certain mission from a Tomb Raider game :p

PwnageSoldier
  • PwnageSoldier

Commander of Wolf Operations

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

Awesome!

However, I do suggest adding the occasional enemy with a knife, being unarmed or a pistol. Might be fun, just saying.

• REXX likes this

JuniorChubb
  • JuniorChubb

Aqualish Spy

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    GTAF Time Trials Most Improved Driver 2016
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Played the Capture through last night, two of us working as a team. It was enjoyable and I am glad we gave it a go.

Constructive feedback in the spoiler in case it gives away any clues...

Spoiler

Thanks for sharing the job Rexx, I really liked the idea. It is frustrating that the dynamic props interact with the players and environment so badly otherwise there would be scope for something more interactive, however this capture might well inspire me next time I hit a blank in creator.

• REXX likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

Played the Capture through last night, two of us working as a team. It was enjoyable and I am glad we gave it a go.

Constructive feedback in the spoiler in case it gives away any clues...

Spoiler

Thanks for sharing the job Rexx, I really liked the idea. It is frustrating that the dynamic props interact with the players and environment so badly otherwise there would be scope for something more interactive, however this capture might well inspire me next time I hit a blank in creator.

Thanks for the feedback!

There are many methods to get up (probably some I haven't even found yet!), your son using the crane was very clever! The only thing that comes to mind why he had the parachute was maybe weapons was set to Owned. There isn't any right or wrong way to get up, so whatever way you try to get up successfully essentially becomes another method to get up :D

Glad you appreciate the jumping sections! Took some time to get'em right :p Camping at the start may be an issue when not playing with friends/family however the whole capture was designed mainly to be played friendly (in other words, someone has to lose :p).

Regarding replay value, unfortunately its something that can't be fixed unless I redesign the whole thing everyday :(

I will definately take a look at the ladders, thanks for pointing it out!

All in all, glad you enjoyed it and took the time to play it!! :D
  • JuniorChubb likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users