» «
Photo

All that content for GTAO that could easily have been in SP as well

29 replies to this topic
MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 3 weeks ago.

Back when Rockstar started adding new cars and weapons to GTA Online they also added them to the singleplayer. Me as a SP only player (I mean I've played online barely compared to SP) really appreciated this. I just highly prefer SP to mess around on my own with the three protagonists. I like the comments they make and the random stuff I run in to. So while we didn't yet any SP story content, which they did promise, they did move the first GTAO stuff over to story mode as well and then they just stopped with that completely.

On YouTube I see videos with the craziest vehicles and now Online even has a Batmobile? Move that sh*t over to SP too please. When it comes to supporting the SP mode they really couldn't be bothered eh? I've already accepted that there won't be story sh*t, how can I not accept it? But how much of a hassle can it really be to just give SP some love too, so all those vehicles and weapons, add them to the SP ingame stores as well please. Meh, hopefully they improve that with RDR2 but I really doubt it. A goddamn shame. I for one seriously wish GTAO had never become this insane successful. It changed Rockstar or perhaps I should say it made Take Two see they didn't have to do much anymore with this money machine.
  • Cutter De Blanc, OurJud, Darealbandicoot and 1 other like this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Rockstar and take two are equal partners and agreed to this equally. Also it would be very simple to add the vehicles and weapons to SP but instead of that they went out of their way to add a BLOCKER that despawns the vehicles after 2 seconds if spawned in SP and makes the weapons grayed out and unusable. Hell even the lowriders and Halloween cars were meant to be added to story mode but they changed their minds at the last minute and never looked back since. Whenever someone found a way to glitch an online vehicle into story mode they would patch that glitch for some reason. And starting with low riders custom classics onwards they added the car and weapon block which despawns the new cars in every update since if glitched into story mode. Only PC can counter this via mods.
  • UltraGizmo64 and UAL like this

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The entire history of amazing games from the 70's through ~2007 would have never happened had the industry operated in the way it does today.

• B Dawg, FreshPots, Brian_O_Malley and 2 others like this

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 3 weeks ago.

Rockstar and take two are equal partners and agreed to this equally. Also it would be very simple to add the vehicles and weapons to SP but instead of that they went out of their way to add a BLOCKER that despawns the vehicles after 2 seconds if spawned in SP and makes the weapons grayed out and unusable. Hell even the lowriders and Halloween cars were meant to be added to story mode but they changed their minds at the last minute and never looked back since. Whenever someone found a way to glitch an online vehicle into story mode they would patch that glitch for some reason. And starting with low riders custom classics onwards they added the car and weapon block which despawns the new cars in every update since if glitched into story mode. Only PC can counter this via mods.

Seriously? That is ridiculous. Why would they even want to go through such lengths to annoy singleplayer fans? It's not like it would bring the real GTAO fans back to only playing singleplayer and not spending money on their precious shark cards anymore. Crazy man. Didn't know this at all.

And to think that they started out with adding the online vehicles and guns to singleplayer too. I really don't get their reasoning at all.
  • B Dawg and Steezy. like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by StangOne50, 2 weeks ago.

Seriously? That is ridiculous. Why would they even want to go through such lengths to annoy singleplayer fans? It's not like it would bring the real GTAO fans back to only playing singleplayer and not spending money on their precious shark cards anymore. Crazy man. Didn't know this at all.

And to think that they started out with adding the online vehicles and guns to singleplayer too. I really don't get their reasoning at all.

Its simple man. At first they did not realize the potential of the cash cards. Once they realized the potential they cut off SP.

Players were able to test or just  enjoy the cars in SP which meant there was a possibility they would not buy them in online.

• DengaGrad likes this

clkone34
  • clkone34

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would not be surprised if when they stop putting things on GTA online that comes single player charge you $$ uses vehicles. weapons and some of clothes 

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm just going to point this out: Mors Mutual. 

They could've easily added this into SP. Add insurance to your vehicle and you can pick it up from the depot if it gets destroyed. If it despawns, send it back to the garage. 

• B Dawg, Piggsy pls, Alvarez and 2 others like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm just going to point this out: Mors Mutual. 

They could've easily added this into SP. Add insurance to your vehicle and you can pick it up from the depot if it gets destroyed. If it despawns, send it back to the garage. 

This, also the buyable safehouses (which were cut from SP at the last minute) and also the expanded Interaction Menu (no idea why they bothered to add it to SP when it's really gimped compared to the options you have Online).
  • B Dawg, Pink Pineapple and Steezy. like this

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

So in other words f*ck GTA Online because it's really a curse really. SP could have been so much better too with the stuff they cut out. A shame. You'd almost be surprised they still bother with a SP in RDR2.
  • B Dawg, theGTAking101 and Steezy. like this

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chrome horses with pink dollar horseshoes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

So in other words f*ck GTA Online because it's really a curse really. SP could have been so much better too with the stuff they cut out. A shame. You'd almost be surprised they still bother with a SP in RDR2.

Don't worry, they'll f*ck it up too for Red Dead Online.

• B Dawg, StangOne50 and Brian_O_Malley like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rockstar created Story Mode as a demo version for Online, sadly. It has even scripts that prevents you since Lowriders to use Online vehicles in Story Mode.

All you can do is having PC mods, but even that they wanted to cut off, fortunately we prevented it by outrage.

• B Dawg likes this

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Unbelievable.

Yet that dickhead who GI interviewed had the nerve to claim Rockstar still loves SP gaming smh.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Unbelievable.

Yet that dickhead who GI interviewed had the nerve to claim Rockstar still loves SP gaming smh.
Lol yeah they love single player SO MUCH they purposely blocked online vehicles and guns from it by first not adding them and THEN when people could glitch them into story mode added an actual blocker to stop it once and for all on consoles,cut features such as buying safe houses for gta online, and the dude in the interview(Imran Sarwar)LIED THROUGH HIS TEETH when he said SP dlc was never considered. Even Ash said that's BS since the leaked documents say otherwise.
  • B Dawg, UAL and Bakamomo like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 2 weeks ago.

The entire history of amazing games from the 70's through ~2007 would have never happened had the industry operated in the way it does today.

At this point it feels like Rockstar are monetizing on brand recognition, rather than actually creating a good product and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in an open-world environment.

How can a company claim to favour single player experience, yet devout so much time to restricting what can be done in it?

I read an article once that stated one of the biggest flaws with Rockstar: They create their games to mock culture, yet they've established themselves throughout the years as the top dog. So now they essentially create their games to mock the very culture they heavily influence.

• B Dawg and Cutter De Blanc like this

kidtwist81
  • kidtwist81

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by kidtwist81, 2 weeks ago.

At this point it feels like Rockstar are monetizing on brand recognition, rather than actually creating a good product and pushing the boundaries of what's possible in an open-world environment.

How can a company claim to favour single player experience, yet devout so much time to restricting what can be done in it?

I read an article once that stated one of the biggest flaws with Rockstar: They create their games to mock culture, yet they've established themselves throughout the years as the top dog. So now they essentially create their games to mock the very culture they heavily influence.

This is an interesting point of view. Is it yours or the articles you read? I'd like to understand how you think they're influencing the culture? I mean I can see the mocking part but for me this game going online is a microcosm of the gaming industry as a whole. I think the future of gaming lies online with other players. Personally I can see a future where single player gaming becomes an antique within the sphere of technology from which it takes its root. 

I would cite Star Citizen - if it ever gets released - as the other end of this spectrum. It potentially could be the template for which all online content is set. Like the way World of Warcraft influenced every MMO beyond it. Rockstar have been making the GTA series for 20 years now (I bought the first one in 1997 i believe) and I have been an avid fan ever since, for me GTAO is the first step into a brave new world for them and I can see the improvements made over the online quotient of GTA IV are wholesale. 

I think/hope that RDR2 will follow a similar development trajectory and it becomes GTA with horses because I like this formula and I feel that it works. Albeit I would like to see more of the advances in technology that the last four years has brought. 

If you have a link to that article then I would love to have a read of it. 

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

@kidtwist81

I wonder if you realize that the push toward the focus on multiplayer was not the result of consumer demand. Rather, it was the will of publishers who embraced it as a way of defeating piracy* and also of tapping into a vast ocean of opportunity: the harvesting of whale oil. So to speak. And this clamor for whale oil has infested single player games now as well.

A future without single player gaming holds little interest for me. But I am curious about whether you were speaking simply of predictions, or your own desires. Why do you think the future of gaming lies with other players? Why do you see a future where single player gaming becomes an "antique"?

* I despise pirates, but piracy has never been a problem, unless one considers that making only $5M in profit instead of $6M is a problem.

NefertitiThelma89
  • NefertitiThelma89

HBCU

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 2 weeks ago

While I envy certain aspects of SP such as (animals cheap clothes, and the story itself), I dont see where a SP DLC would be beneficial. Like online R* would add more to the story and it would not satisfy players. If players were able to put their custom character into the a chosen storyline in SP thatd be awesome but I personally stopped playing SP because I hate playing as the three protagonists. Michael is fat and damaged, Trevor is a psychotic meth head with mommy issues, and Franklin is stereotypical and needy. They all remind me of past GTA characters you worked for and not the ones you love to play as. Its like youre given a role/life to play when you have the option of open world. No offense to SPs.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

While I envy certain aspects of SP such as (animals cheap clothes, and the story itself), I dont see where a SP DLC would be beneficial. Like online R* would add more to the story and it would not satisfy players. If players were able to put their custom character into the a chosen storyline in SP thatd be awesome but I personally stopped playing SP because I hate playing as the three protagonists. Michael is fat and damaged, Trevor is a psychotic meth head with mommy issues, and Franklin is stereotypical and needy. They all remind me of past GTA characters you worked for and not the ones you love to play as. Its like youre given a role/life to play when you have the option of open world. No offense to SPs.

I think the OP mean't that stuff like vehicles, weapons and such would be added to SP so you can play with them without the need to deal with other players, money management or a Gold/PSN membership.

I'd personally love a SP expansion since it would give new content to experience and maybe it could flesh out some story elements more.

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Its simple man. At first they did not realize the potential of the cash cards. Once they realized the potential they cut off SP.
Players were able to test or just  enjoy the cars in SP which meant there was a possibility they would not buy them in online.

Yep, exactly. Which is also why there is absolutely no "try before you buy" feature in online mode, no matter how expensive the vehicles are. The only way to test certain vehicles is by their specific usage in missions or races. But even then, sometimes they're altered (like their armour, unlimited ammo, etc.)

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, here's the thing. They don't want players to linger in SP for too long, because SP doesn't generate any money and wouldn't take much effort from players to generate cash. SP has NASDAQ to fiddle with and make cash from there. So, in order for players to enjoy the newer content, GTA-O is the place to go. It's there where the money is for R*/Take Two and everyone needs to be forced in there. Glitches that allow you to enjoy a GTA-O vehicle in SP has to be patched. Heaven forbid thou enjoyest content thou should not! 

But, there is a solution. Play GTA-O in a solo or closed friends session and you will not have to deal with the average moronic idiot from the interwebz and do some of the contact missions from SP protagonists. No need to go into pubic sessions at all. 

I've been doing so for the past 6 months at least and made a lot of cash, bought a lot of stuff to play around with. There are enough ways to get easy money out there to fund fooling around very well. 

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, here's the thing. They don't want players to linger in SP for too long, because SP doesn't generate any money and wouldn't take much effort from players to generate cash. SP has NASDAQ to fiddle with and make cash from there. So, in order for players to enjoy the newer content, GTA-O is the place to go. It's there where the money is for R*/Take Two and everyone needs to be forced in there. Glitches that allow you to enjoy a GTA-O vehicle in SP has to be patched. Heaven forbid thou enjoyest content thou should not! 

But, there is a solution. Play GTA-O in a solo or closed friends session and you will not have to deal with the average moronic idiot from the interwebz and do some of the contact missions from SP protagonists. No need to go into pubic sessions at all. 

I've been doing so for the past 6 months at least and made a lot of cash, bought a lot of stuff to play around with. There are enough ways to get easy money out there to fund fooling around very well. 

I've tried that it's boring as hell playing a mute character, what game am I playing GTA III?

R* are greedy as f*ck now!

The grand theft auto series is dead.

I've moved on to the only game that stayed true to it's roots and released the best game in the series DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO with amazing physics,graphics engine ,interior view,engine sounds ,damage model,perfect balance of vehicles,licensed vehicles and the best cop chases I've experienced in a game it's 60fps.The soundtrack kicks ass also plus custom music.

It's on PS3 but a hell of a lot of fun :devil: I wish it was on PS4. I'm just as happy now, as I was in 2011 when I bought it ,who needs GTA :colgate:

DaveyGravy
  • DaveyGravy

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah I never understood how they couldn't implement at least the vehicles into story mode. They did at first but then just stopped. Could have given the game some replay value at least.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I have to shake my head at the notion "SP doesn't generate any money", lol. The investment in GTA V was recovered many times over on single-player fans alone.

Rockstar could have spent, for example, $5M on an expansion (which is enough to make a really, really good expansion) and would only have needed to sell 240,000 units to break even, assuming Rockstar received 70% of a $30 retail price.

The reason single-player is abandoned is not that it is unprofitable, but simply that online offers more profit for less expense...for less work. The business strategy is that of a casino: Instead of selling a good or service that one can be proud of, business operations consist of getting people to part with their money as quickly and as often as possible. I don't believe that many people are going to reminisce ten years down the road about their time buying and spending shark cards as one might reminisce about his experience with BioShock, or Just Cause 2...or GTA: SA for that matter.

• Cutter De Blanc and DaveyGravy like this

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I want a update for SP so much, that every time a online update released.

I would check for new single player content, then when I found nothing.

it upset me so much after many times of disappointment, it made me horribly depressed.

now I don't play V anymore, nor do I care anymore about R*

F*ck 'em they made there choice to lie to us.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted A week ago

install the grand theft space mod, you'll forget it ever was the same old gta but more like star citizen

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I have to shake my head at the notion "SP doesn't generate any money", lol. The investment in GTA V was recovered many times over on single-player fans alone.

Rockstar could have spent, for example, $5M on an expansion (which is enough to make a really, really good expansion) and would only have needed to sell 240,000 units to break even, assuming Rockstar received 70% of a $30 retail price.

The reason single-player is abandoned is not that it is unprofitable, but simply that online offers more profit for less expense...for less work. The business strategy is that of a casino: Instead of selling a good or service that one can be proud of, business operations consist of getting people to part with their money as quickly and as often as possible. I don't believe that many people are going to reminisce ten years down the road about their time buying and spending shark cards as one might reminisce about his experience with BioShock, or Just Cause 2...or GTA: SA for that matter.

SP doesn’t generate extra money. Once it’s bought there are no micro transactions. The so called free to play Online version still needs one to buy GTA V to access it AND generates cash from microtransactions. To keep Online alive is basicslly not that much of an effort anymore. Just release scheduled content that has been developed some time ago already, but roadmapped for release. To release stuff for SP would mean they have to rebuild the online content for offline use. Too much work, too much expenses and no profit. Although I love SP getting the same content as online, I would not pay for it if I can also play it for “free” online. It wouldn’t make sense. Would I play the content in SP? Hell yeah.
But it will never happen. There are other parties earning cash from, amongst others, gta online. Sony and Microsoft charge a fee for online gaming and won’t act as a free gateway to R* servers. Since you don’t need to be online for SP, thus don’t need PsPlus or the Xbox variant, these parties would maybe see less income from their online service plans.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

@McGhee

Yesssss...You basically reiterated what I explained.

However, I didn't say anything about releasing online content for single-player. Others have talked about that, and I have no problem with it, but I mentioned expansions for single-player, which would generate extra money for single-player. It just wouldn't result in the insane return on investment that mobile game mechanics and whale oil harvesting generate.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted A week ago

I think all the in-game humour which pretty much tags gamers as 'losers' with no life, should tell us all what these people think of us, MP and SP alike. I imagine they're laughing their arses off, as how much money they're making from the MP fraternity.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Wolff
  • Wolff

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago Edited by Wolff, A week ago.

It seemed R* took the same road other game companies are criticized for, catering to online players with mediocre updates to score money from micro-transactions. I hope this won't hamper the quality of GTA 6.

Good thing the trainers can give you access to the MP vehicles though.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Cyper, 4 days ago.

The answer to the question is very, very simple: if Rockstar add content to Singleplayer people might be drawn away from online. This is the reason why Rockstar Games patch the game if it is possible to get vehicles from Online into Singleplayer. Online is what the GTA is about nowdays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users