Animation Fix

SA Released SA WIP
76 replies to this topic
MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:43 AM Edited by MMK_033, 16 November 2017 - 01:56 PM.

A little progress report (BEFORE > AFTER).
About the same done with Quad, Wayfarer, Faggio and Sport Motorbikes. Only Cross Motorbike (Sanchez) animation was fine.
09f96f8674b7.gif

UPD: I've decided to host 'raw' updates - some ready-made files will be available before the next confirmed release. At least, this is not a total conversion kind of a mod, so I think I can do such a thing. Keep an eye for a main topic post to get them.

The first update contains those bike seat fixes.

• Blackbird88, R4gN0r0K, B Dawg and 12 others like this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:43 AM Edited by =OG4life=, 21 November 2017 - 12:44 AM.

Awesome mod, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. There was only one mod that I recall fixed the speaking anim while at the same time being in GTA style as much as possible. I haven't got SA installed ATM, so I can't try it out right away but are the mouth and jaw fully repaired now? Here's how the old mod used to look like:

And here's the link to the old thread if there's anything useful there :)

http://gtaforums.com...mations-modfix/

MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:02 AM Edited by MMK_033, 21 November 2017 - 08:12 AM.

I haven't got SA installed ATM, so I can't try it out right away but are the mouth and jaw fully repaired now?

You mean talk animation? Yes, it's been fixed (see description), but FAF uses animation made from scratch, this one uses original animation with jaw rotation offset. Some face expressions have also been fixed here, although there still might be some problems with low or too high eyebrows on some skins, either due to different eyebrow coverage in envelope sets, or due to different default brow rotations, or due to both.

• =OG4life=, Blackbird88 and George Costanza like this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

I haven't got SA installed ATM, so I can't try it out right away but are the mouth and jaw fully repaired now?

You mean talk animation? Yes, it's been fixed (see description), but FAF uses animation made from scratch, this one uses original animation with jaw rotation offset. Some face expressions have also been fixed here, although there still might be some problems with low or too high eyebrows on some skins, either due to different eyebrow coverage in envelope sets, or due to different default brow rotations, or due to both.

Oh I understand, nice work. I have a constructive suggestion for another minor thing that could make things a bit more realistic. One is related to ped animations while eating at restaurants, I'm not sure if it's fixable but they hold their pizza/burger models too high and it looks just hilarious.

cl0lF9b.png

The other one is related to it, and I'm sure it can be done as I've seen it fixed before somewhere. Basically since pizza/burger models exist, it's really a mystery to me why Rockstar decided to put them to use with peds in restaurants but not with the protagonist. Instead of utilizing these models they were probably lazy and thus CJ eats invisible food every time, lmao.
1479512439_pizzastack2.jpg

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

Invisible food fix:
https://www.mixmods....quanto.html?m=1
  • =OG4life= likes this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:50 PM

Invisible food fix:
https://www.mixmods....quanto.html?m=1

I know about this fix, however I'm still hoping OP will incorporate his own fix for this into the mod as a part of it, rather than having it separately and having a chance of it not working/being compatible with this mod. Plus, it technically is an animation fix. :p
  • George Costanza likes this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

It doesn't have anything to do with .ifp files which contain animations though, it's purely code needed to fix that which is what I linked to.
  • =OG4life= likes this

MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:27 AM Edited by MMK_033, 23 November 2017 - 01:13 PM.

Oh I understand, nice work. I have a constructive suggestion for another minor thing that could make things a bit more realistic. One is related to ped animations while eating at restaurants, I'm not sure if it's fixable but they hold their pizza/burger models too high and it looks just hilarious.

The other one is related to it, and I'm sure it can be done as I've seen it fixed before somewhere. Basically since pizza/burger models exist, it's really a mystery to me why Rockstar decided to put them to use with peds in restaurants but not with the protagonist. Instead of utilizing these models they were probably lazy and thus CJ eats invisible food every time, lmao.

About the first. thanks for the mention, I'll take a look. I think some of the characters pop pizza on their forehead due to the fact that their arms are longer or the body is shorter. I don't know whether I'll manage to fix this thing surely, but I'll try. I understand that this problem is more common with female characters.

About the second, as LaDiDa said, it's not the animation problem itself, but the oversight of developers. This can be fixed by attaching pizza or burger objects while player performs an animation, it may be done through CLEO or SCM-modding. I did about the same fix a long time ago, but didn't host it. There are animations for objects present in the game, so theoretically you can even make pizza or burger really be eaten, that is, the pieces of them would be "bitten off". To do so it's needed to modify the model, make it supportive to animations, make the animation itself where some parts of models is being hidden (scaled to nothing) with timeline according to animation performed by character, and then activate the object animation through the SCM/CLEO script. 

Something similar already exists in the basketball mini-game (yes, the ball physics works only when it is thrown into the basket, all tricks and hand-to-ground bouncing are actual animations).

:BBALL_12438
00D6: if 
09CC:   object [email protected] model_is #BBALL_INGAME 
004D: jump_if_false @BBALL_12603 
0837:   object [email protected] animation == "BBALL_IDLELOOP_O" 
004D: jump_if_false @BBALL_12524 
083A: set_object [email protected] animation "BBALL_IDLELOOP_O" progress_to [email protected] 
0002: jump @BBALL_12603 

:BBALL_12524
075A: set_object [email protected] animation "BBALL_IDLELOOP_O" IFP_file "BSKTBALL" 1000.0 lockF 1 loop 0 // IF AND SET 
004D: jump_if_false @BBALL_12603 
083A: set_object [email protected] animation "BBALL_IDLELOOP_O" progress_to [email protected] 

:BBALL_12603
0611:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR performing_animation "BBALL_IDLE" 
004D: jump_if_false @BBALL_12886 
0613: [email protected] = actor $PLAYER_ACTOR animation "BBALL_IDLE" time 
0021:   [email protected] > 0.87671 
004D: jump_if_false @BBALL_12712 
8039:   not  [email protected] == 2 
004D: jump_if_false @BBALL_12705 
097B: play_audio_at_object [email protected] event 1010 
0006: [email protected] = 2 

• =OG4life=, LaDiDa and SHIFAAH9 like this

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Hustler

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:24 AM

the most boring part about basket ball is that you have just play alone, No one comes join you, no one cheers for you, etc...

• =OG4life= likes this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:08 AM Edited by =OG4life=, 25 November 2017 - 02:11 AM.

About the first. thanks for the mention, I'll take a look. I think some of the characters pop pizza on their forehead due to the fact that their arms are longer or the body is shorter. I don't know whether I'll manage to fix this thing surely, but I'll try. I understand that this problem is more common with female characters.

About the second, as LaDiDa said, it's not the animation problem itself, but the oversight of developers. This can be fixed by attaching pizza or burger objects while player performs an animation, it may be done through CLEO or SCM-modding. I did about the same fix a long time ago, but didn't host it. There are animations for objects present in the game, so theoretically you can even make pizza or burger really be eaten, that is, the pieces of them would be "bitten off". To do so it's needed to modify the model, make it supportive to animations, make the animation itself where some parts of models is being hidden (scaled to nothing) with timeline according to animation performed by character, and then activate the object animation through the SCM/CLEO script. 

Something similar already exists in the basketball mini-game (yes, the ball physics works only when it is thrown into the basket, all tricks and hand-to-ground bouncing are actual animations).

*basketball code*

My bad about the food model thing, I get it. I'm glad it's code related so it's possible to have that fix and this one working fine at the same time. The pieces being bitten off sounds amazing, it would make for a whole new realistic experience. Not even IV has this. :)

I have a question about the basketball anims - can you actually show us any of them or are those just a leftover in code? Excuse my ignorance on this topic, but I never knew if there were actual complex animations for basketball in SA but I heard people mention it all the time, having something to do with SA:MP. I want to see them if they exist, if its possible haha

And I have another suggestion for a fix - the swear/flip off animation, when peds(gang members) want to show their disrespect towards a driver they lift their hand in some weird motion. I'm not sure if this is purely a direct leftover from the broken PC GTA VC anim of the same thing, but the PS2 anim from VC. I'm not sure if you know what I mean, since it's hard to explain but someone fixed it for VC. The PS2 animation(example below) utilizes both arms and makes more sense than the broken original one. I'd love to give a screenshot but it's hard to find it, IIRC VCLF mod fixed it. I'm not sure if that could be the case with GTA SA, maybe it's bugged also so maybe you could check it out(of it it's the same bugged VC anim ported straight from the PC VC version). :)

FOREARM.jpg
gtasamodscleo3_Middle%2BFinger%2BAnimati

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:27 PM Edited by Tomasak, 25 November 2017 - 01:31 PM.

PC VC animations was even more broken, it streched Tommy's hand

Spoiler

also great mod OP.

• =OG4life= and Rachel Amber like this

jaqub
  • jaqub

keep ya strength up like me ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

How pretty that R* rigged the breasts of every feminim ped...

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Hustler

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 26 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

can you or any one fix/create the "skate board" anims of gta sa..

in all the skate board mods i used anims, there all SH*T....

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:21 AM Edited by =OG4life=, 27 November 2017 - 01:23 AM.

PC VC animations was even more broken, it streched Tommy's hand

Spoiler

also great mod OP.

Thanks for providing the pics, that's exactly what I meant. I hope OP will compare the current SA anim for this with the VC PC one, and see if it really is just a lazy, ported bugged anim. If so, the PS2 VC one could be a surprising fix for the SA PC one too :D

• Blackbird88 likes this

MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:28 PM Edited by MMK_033, 27 November 2017 - 01:31 PM.

I have a question about the basketball anims - can you actually show us any of them or are those just a leftover in code? Excuse my ignorance on this topic, but I never knew if there were actual complex animations for basketball in SA but I heard people mention it all the time, having something to do with SA:MP. I want to see them if they exist, if its possible haha

And I have another suggestion for a fix - the swear/flip off animation, when peds(gang members) want to show their disrespect towards a driver they lift their hand in some weird motion. I'm not sure if this is purely a direct leftover from the broken PC GTA VC anim of the same thing, but the PS2 anim from VC. I'm not sure if you know what I mean, since it's hard to explain but someone fixed it for VC. The PS2 animation(example below) utilizes both arms and makes more sense than the broken original one. I'd love to give a screenshot but it's hard to find it, IIRC VCLF mod fixed it. I'm not sure if that could be the case with GTA SA, maybe it's bugged also so maybe you could check it out(of it it's the same bugged VC anim ported straight from the PC VC version). :)

About the basketball anims, sorry, but I didn't quite get what do you mean. I just wanted to show a principle used in a basketball mini-game, similar to what I told about making animated food. Same principle used with parachute, except that the parachute model itself in the original PC game is bugged and therefore it isn't able to be influenced by animations. If you mean whether there are some unused animations, well, I didn't find in code anything about "BBALL_react_miss" and "BBALL_react_score". Some anims may present in the code, but in closed form (under non-executable condition), so they are unable to be activated in original mini-game.

About the latter, the purpose of the mod is to fix some defects of the original animation rather than radically change the original ones to others. I can consider your suggestion though, as some optional part of AF. In addition, "bras d'honneur" already exists in the game, you can find it if you browse anims in DYOM. But, indeed, it's not used for relevant situation.
  • =OG4life= and Rachel Amber like this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:44 AM

About the basketball anims, sorry, but I didn't quite get what do you mean. I just wanted to show a principle used in a basketball mini-game, similar to what I told about making animated food. Same principle used with parachute, except that the parachute model itself in the original PC game is bugged and therefore it isn't able to be influenced by animations. If you mean whether there are some unused animations, well, I didn't find in code anything about "BBALL_react_miss" and "BBALL_react_score". Some anims may present in the code, but in closed form (under non-executable condition), so they are unable to be activated in original mini-game.

About the latter, the purpose of the mod is to fix some defects of the original animation rather than radically change the original ones to others. I can consider your suggestion though, as some optional part of AF. In addition, "bras d'honneur" already exists in the game, you can find it if you browse anims in DYOM. But, indeed, it's not used for relevant situation.

Thanks for considering it, I hope you can simply replace the original one with the one that you said exists in the files already - but as an optional one ofc. Also, thanks for introducing me to the term :)

What I meant about the bball anims is if it's possible for you to showcase some of those in 3ds max, how they look? Not only those, but any leftover anims you find, if you can. I want to see those, like this one for example:

MatthewFarrell
  • MatthewFarrell

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Will u add feature like this?

eagle152
  • eagle152

Visits Glory Hole Theme Park every day

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:12 PM

Can you look at the unused TEC animations? They're supposed to be weapon animations, but the game crashes everytime you assign any weapon to them.

MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:03 AM Edited by MMK_033, 06 December 2017 - 04:49 PM.

Will u add feature like this?

Frankly, not planning.

Can you look at the unused TEC animations? They're supposed to be weapon animations, but the game crashes everytime you assign any weapon to them.

They look like a leftover from GTA Vice City. While I do not know how is it possible to make unused animations working for some weapons, I mean if there's some hardcoded registers for weapon anims, but I can try to rebuild the IFP file, if this could be the reason for the game crash. I doubt though that this is the reason.

-----

UPD: And maybe I'll make one another optional stuff - drunkman walkstyle animations in separated IFP for gta3.img tuned up in animgrp.dat. There are drunk stances in the paulnmac.ifp, such as "PnM_Loop_B", which aren't used for this walkstyle, but would fit perfectly. Basically, I do this because the original drunkman walkstyle contains sober stance and running. Certainly new IFP will contain the fixed one walk animation, if I manage to do this. But this would be 100% uncompatible with MP, unless MP is supportive to mods.

Expect new Raw Update somewhen in Friday.

UPD 2: On request...

Spoiler

UPD 3: On my own request  :colgate: ...

Spoiler

• =OG4life=, Kalvin, zyrowh and 3 others like this

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Hustler

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

What I meant about the bball anims is if it's possible for you to showcase some of those in 3ds max, how they look? Not only those, but any leftover anims you find, if you can. I want to see those, like this one for example:

i accidently unlocked that anim while i was adding weapons from vc to sa using vc left overs..

i still have it..

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

Jesus christ, i'd love to get that drunk animation, seems really great

MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:13 PM Edited by MMK_033, 08 December 2017 - 05:16 PM.

Alright, Raw Update #2 is out, it contains some walkstyle fixes and includes optional updated drunkman walkstyle (installed separately). Updated animations:

Spoiler

But another thing makes me wonder, in fat player walkstyle, slightly tilted head effect is conceived, or it is a common minor defect? Just in case I left it as it was, but what do you think? Do I need to level off the head?

70754519cf15.jpg

• =OG4life=, Rachel Amber and SHIFAAH9 like this

LaDiDa
  • LaDiDa

I'm only human

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Might as well "fix" the head :p
Cool updates so far, really great work!

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Hustler

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

ummm...

why does CJ has female like huge TiT's...? (i.e in the image above^)

• =OG4life= likes this

FMMZ
  • FMMZ

Hoodlum

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

ummm...

why does CJ has female like huge TiT's...? (i.e in the image above^)

That's a gorgeous big black clucking bell chest, boi

• SHIFAAH9 likes this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:34 PM Edited by =OG4life=, 09 December 2017 - 10:35 PM.

Awesome updates, keep up the good work! Any new info on those basketball anims? BTW I don't know for sure but I think I remember someone mentioning these anims(@0:13) are still in the game files, can you confirm or reject that claim? :D

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Hustler

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

wow... Nice Anims..!

wonder why Rockstar Did not use them..

MMK_033
  • MMK_033

Потраченн&

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

Awesome updates, keep up the good work! Any new info on those basketball anims? BTW I don't know for sure but I think I remember someone mentioning these anims(@0:13) are still in the game files, can you confirm or reject that claim? :D

Thanks. Well, I still know only about TEC anims, which are leftovers from GTA Vice City, and they can not be used as anims for weapons, that is, they'd better not be registered in weapon.dat. I already wrote about basketball anims, there are some anims like "BBALL_react_miss" and "BBALL_react_score". I can not record for now, but these two anims I've mentioned before are just two types of hand waving.

About the greeting anims, they're actually present and used in game, just not very often. Furthermore, they might be acrivated via scripts. If I remember, there are 6 or 7 types of such anims.

• =OG4life= likes this

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:58 PM Edited by =OG4life=, 12 December 2017 - 12:58 PM.

Thanks. Well, I still know only about TEC anims, which are leftovers from GTA Vice City, and they can not be used as anims for weapons, that is, they'd better not be registered in weapon.dat. I already wrote about basketball anims, there are some anims like "BBALL_react_miss" and "BBALL_react_score". I can not record for now, but these two anims I've mentioned before are just two types of hand waving.

About the greeting anims, they're actually present and used in game, just not very often. Furthermore, they might be acrivated via scripts. If I remember, there are 6 or 7 types of such anims.

Oh, I see. I guess you can say they're pretty rare then, I've seen them happen in game lol. Maybe this variation in greeting anims could be implemented better so that they appear more often or something, who knows. :)

One more special greet/gang sign anim I know is pretty rare but I think I remember seeing both ingame and in beta clips is the one on 0:06:

eagle152
  • eagle152

Visits Glory Hole Theme Park every day

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

I think, I figured why the "TEC" causes game to crash. It happens because you need add the appropriate line to the bottom of the weapon.dat file. Its called "Gun Aiming Offsets".

Although even after adding, game still crashes with this sh*t:

Exception address: 0x004D3FBC ("gta_sa.exe"+0xD3FBC)

I guess that's another limit that's yet not hacked. So most likely it's not the animation fault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users