Rockstar Games News
95 replies to this topic
Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:13 AM

Because they were already working on the Single Player DLC around the release of GTA V and companies rarely ever tell the "full truth" in public?

They weren't "allready working on it", if they were, then they would have f*cking finished it.

True companies don't tell the full truth in public, but they have no reason to lie over the reasons they stopped Singleplayer DLC.

Also all they can literally do is re-assure you that they are still focused on Singleplayer gameplay, which they did and still people pretend like R* has chosen the "Online path", despite that actually not being true.

wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:17 AM Edited by wagszilla, 25 October 2017 - 10:18 AM.

Yeah, if you forget the picture of Franklin posted in a mo-cap suit and their multiple PR pieces about it being in development. It's obvious it was scrapped for GTA Online stuff. But it's still at best half of the story.

Anyway this is conversation boring.  

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, if you forget the picture of Franklin posted in a mo-cap suit and their multiple PR pieces about it being in development. It's obvious it was scrapped for GTA Online stuff. But it's still at best half of the story.

Anyway this is conversation boring.  

:facedesk:  :facedesk:  :facedesk:

Both, the PR pieces and the MoCap suit picture apeared AFTER GTA Vs release.

Noone doubts that SP DLC was in development or in early concept stages at some point.

It is just that the reason for its cancellation was because R* simply didn't have the bandwidth.

wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:28 AM

Noone doubts that SP DLC was in development

They weren't "allready working on it", if they were, then they would have f*cking finished it.

597.jpg

• Gtaman_92, OVO, askinnywhitedildo and 2 others like this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:03 PM

Did you even read the Interview?

Imran specificly stated that they STILL BELIEVE in Singleplayer and that Singleplayer is more important to them than anything else, and that their continued focus will remain on Singleplayer.

And that Singleplayer and Online can co-exist, and that Multiplayer service systems allow them to spend more time developing their SINGLEPLAYER GAMES:

Jesus, you guys only hear what you want to hear it seems.

And we're supposed to take what he said at face value, without questioning it? that's obviously PR bullsh*t, damage control to cover their greedy motives,why are you defending them? If they cared about SP they would've finished the DLC and put Online on the side until they did, It smells like bullsh*t to me,man!

• Xiled and Pink Pineapple like this

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Serbia

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:25 PM Edited by lol232, 25 October 2017 - 12:39 PM.

Ughhhh, again with the petty "waaa f*ck rockstar, greedy f*cks!" nonsense. I'll explain to you why Singleplayer DLC is technically not possible with the current DLC system.

Grand Theft Auto V uses a file in the update.rpf named "dlclist.xml". This XML document is used to mount DLC archives. All DLC is mounted using this file. Grand Theft Auto Online enforces file consistency (albeit very poorly, it just checks to see if the RPF is signed, nothing more) to make sure all players have the EXACT same archives. If archives do not match, you can only play with people who have the same exact files as you. This could be easily tested before Rockstar blocked using dinput8 (ASI loader) and OpenIV.asi in GTA Online - you would only be able to play with people who had the exact same mods as you. (However, you can still get online by signing your RPFs, but I suggest you don't do it, modding in GTAO is a no-go and will lead to a ban).

So, if SP DLC happened, players would be segregated by who owns the DLC or who doesn't. Now, instead of cutting up the playerbase, they could make the DLC a forced download and have it be unlocked after you fork up some cash, but nobody would want to download a large DLC package of content they can't access without paying. Another idea is that the DLC could be a free update, but there is no business sense in that. The ONLY WAY to have SP DLC is to chop up the playerbase - but this would kill the MP. DLC packages like map packs do the same thing to other games that have multiplayer, this is exactly what killed Max Payne 3's multiplayer..

So to all of you saying "f*ck rockstar" over something like this, grow up. The only time we should say f*ck rockstar is when they hurt us directly (OpenIV's short-lived shutdown is an example). Not getting some DLC isn't gonna destroy the damn game.

Or there can be a forced download, and to access that content you simply have to pay. The SP DLC doesn't have to add anything into GTA Online at all.
Why didn't they do that? This is not a rhetorical question, I actually want to know.

While the MP3 Multiplayer part is true, players could still kill you with DLC weapons as they were still in the game. Buying them would just unlock them.

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Did you even read the Interview?

Imran specificly stated that they STILL BELIEVE in Singleplayer and that Singleplayer is more important to them than anything else, and that their continued focus will remain on Singleplayer.

And that Singleplayer and Online can co-exist, and that Multiplayer service systems allow them to spend more time developing their SINGLEPLAYER GAMES:

Jesus, you guys only hear what you want to hear it seems.

And we're supposed to take what he said at face value, without questioning it? that's obviously PR bullsh*t, damage control to cover their greedy motives,why are you defending them? If they cared about SP they would've finished the DLC and put Online on the side until they did, It smells like bullsh*t to me,man!

Because half their business model depends on SINGLEPLAYER GAMES.

Because they have a proven track record of releasing high quality SINGLEPLAYER GAMES.

And just becuase they didn't find the time to develop GTA V Story DLC, you think that all of a sudden they are throwing all their business model around and focusing on Online?
For what purpose?

Their next upcoming title, is a mainly SINGLEPLAYER Game, called Red Dead Redemption 2.

Why on earth should they lie about it?

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:56 PM Edited by raebbitos, 25 October 2017 - 01:28 PM.

Because half their business model depends on SINGLEPLAYER GAMES.

Because they have a proven track record of releasing high quality SINGLEPLAYER GAMES.

And just becuase they didn't find the time to develop GTA V Story DLC, you think that all of a sudden they are throwing all their business model around and focusing on Online?
For what purpose?

Their next upcoming title, is a mainly SINGLEPLAYER Game, called Red Dead Redemption 2.

Why on earth should they lie about it?

As I just f*cking said this is bullsh*t PR to cover their asses because they've been recently criticised by a big chunk of their fanbase,righfully so,because of how little care they've shown for SP since GTA O was released! but maybe you're right and you know, maybe they are telling the truth and, yeah, they just couldn't finish the DLC ,understandable, but why in the f*ck don't they add weapons or vehicles from online to SP??!?! So that you go to Online and buy shark cards to be able to buy these and keep making them fatter and fatter until they f*cking burst like a balloon filled with money ,greed and fat! and the only way to go around this is with modding and they've shown just how keen they are with modding in recent months,seriously now ,why are you defending them? They'l just keep doing these questionable business practices and they'll turn out like EA,or even WORSE!!

EDIT: Yeah they've had a track record of high quality SP games, and that's EXACTLY why I and many others are mad,because they've ,in a way, abandoned their roots and their core fanbase that has brought them up in the first place, and now they're essentially f*cking pissing on us because they've found a better moneymaking machine.

• Xiled likes this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2017 - 01:45 PM Edited by Mas u Sees, 25 October 2017 - 01:47 PM.

EDIT: Yeah they've had a track record of high quality SP games, and that's EXACTLY why I and many others are mad,because they've ,in a way, abandoned their roots and their core fanbase that has brought them up in the first place, and now they're essentially f*cking pissing on us because they've found a better moneymaking machine.

You are co-relating sh*tty business practices, such as not allowing Online vehicles in Singleplayer, to their core business value, which still consists of Singleplayer games.

Trust me, if they didn't believe in Singleplayer, they wouldn't have advertised Red Dead Redemption 2 with a Singleplayer focus.

I am not defending anyone, I am just merely stating where Rockstar Games is heading in the future, and as it seems, they will still be focused on Singleplayer games, as we are used to, while maintaining an Online mode on the side to allow them to take the time they need to finish their Singleplayer titles.

If you think that they are going to produce Online-only games out of a sudden, you are simply delusional, because they have stated that that isn't the case.

You can boycott or hate or complain about Rockstars sh*tty business practices concerning GTA Onlines overmonetization and a lack of vehicles in Singleplayer, however that does not diminish the fact that Rockstars future titles still will have a Singleplayer focus, simply because they think that Singleplayer is still a VALID BUSINESS MODEL which can co-exist along with Multiplayer and GaaS, unlike some other publishers(*cough* EA *cough* Activision), that think that Singleplayer is a dying breed.

EDIT:
Remember I am not saying Rockstar is sticking to developing Singleplayer games out of fan service, or because they "love" them so much, No.

They are going to continue develop Singleplayer experiences because they still think it is going to be a viable business doing so.

• straightupmenace likes this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:23 PM Edited by raebbitos, 25 October 2017 - 02:31 PM.

You are co-relating sh*tty business practices, such as not allowing Online vehicles in Singleplayer, to their core business value, which still consists of Singleplayer games.

Well yeah, of course it still consists of Singleplayer games, but they only use the GTA V singleplayer as leverage to say that Online is F2P and all to other bullsh*t excuses in order to continue bleeding it dry,and it's what pisses me off the most,because GTA V was an underwhelming experience (for me) with a lot of potential and DLC could've fixed that ,especially since I heard it was going to be focused more around Franklin and Gangster stuff,they even tease this at the beggining of the game with saying that he used to slang dope for some guy until he killed him and eventually left the Famillies too,the DLC WAS NECESSARY for Franklin as a character wich was really underdeveloped and uninvolved in the main story, giving him a place toshine was NECESSARY and POSSIBLE,and not coming through wth that because they "had" to focus on Online and RDR2 is bullsh*t.

Trust me, if they didn't believe in Singleplayer, they wouldn't have advertised Red Dead Redemption 2 with a Singleplayer focus.

I am not defending anyone, I am just merely stating where Rockstar Games is heading in the future, and as it seems, they will still be focused on Singleplayer games, as we are used to, while maintaining an Online mode on the side to allow them to take the time they need to finish their Singleplayer titles. "On the side" is an extreme understatement.

If you think that they are going to produce Online-only games out of a sudden, you are simply delusional, because they have stated that that isn't the case. I didn't say that.

You can boycott or hate or complain about Rockstars sh*tty business practices concerning GTA Onlines overmonetization and a lack of vehicles in Singleplayer, however that does not diminish the fact that Rockstars future titles still will have a Singleplayer focus, simply because they think that Singleplayer is still a VALID BUSINESS MODEL which can co-exist along with Multiplayer and GaaS, unlike some other publishers(*cough* EA *cough* Activision), that think that Singleplayer is a dying breed. Yeah but given the fact that they don't even respect their own game (GTA V) enough to add the vehicles and weapons from Online into SP shows that they are heading down EA's and Activion's path.

EDIT:
Remember I am not saying Rockstar is sticking to developing Singleplayer games out of fan service, or because they "love" them so much, No.

They are going to continue develop Singleplayer experiences because they still think it is going to be a viable business doing so.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2017 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:06 PM Edited by theNGclan, 25 October 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Or there can be a forced download, and to access that content you simply have to pay. The SP DLC doesn't have to add anything into GTA Online at all.
Why didn't they do that? This is not a rhetorical question, I actually want to know.

While the MP3 Multiplayer part is true, players could still kill you with DLC weapons as they were still in the game. Buying them would just unlock them.

They definitely could have it a mandatory download, but the size would be the biggest concern.

It would be relatively same to assume that the overall content quality would be noticeably better than GTA Online (as GTAO uses 32000 Hz or lower audio, textures are lower, cutscene peds are lower).

If the DLC is the same quality as GTAO content, it wouldn't take up too much space. The biggest killer in size is audio.
  • Kiyone_Alien_Cop likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

New Order

• Portugal
  • Best GTA Series Historian
    Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

Xenox, is that you?

Projects are shelved all the time, Rockstar working on SP DLC doesn't mean they had to finish it. Also, I'm not doubting RDR2 is gonna have an amazing singleplayer but the first thing they talked about was Online in their original announcement.

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:55 PM Edited by Efreet, 25 October 2017 - 05:55 PM.

Xenox, is that you?

Projects are shelved all the time, Rockstar working on SP DLC doesn't mean they had to finish it. Also, I'm not doubting RDR2 is gonna have an amazing singleplayer but the first thing they talked about was Online in their original announcement.

Not fair, Spider. Let's go back to the original announcement and make some coloring.

Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

In Red, story focus. In brown, Online focus. A balanced statement.

:)

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

New Order

• Portugal

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:02 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 25 October 2017 - 06:03 PM.

They didn't explicitly say that about the SP focus though, I mean, of course they have to describe what the game is about in some form, but right after describing it shortly it was all about the foundation for a brand new online MP experience.

I didn't say it's not gonna be SP focused, just that the announcement didn't give it thaaat much of a singleplayer focus.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:16 PM

I think gamers have just got paranoid because of the sh*tshow Activision and EA are pulling.

People should know better and honestly I'm grateful we have developers like Rockstar, Naughty Dog and Kojima and many more...

Meanwhile we do currently have this corporate greed hanging over recent "AAA" releases.

So the backlash should hopefully get developers to listen to the fans.

I have 2 rules nowadays...

• Don't buy an "Online Required" game.
  • Don't buy a game with Microtransactions in Singleplayer.

p.s I hate corporate dicks.

• fashion and raebbitos like this

wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

The press statement functions to let investors know this smash game will also have a smash online platform, so buy now. That said the word also is largely used as an addendum. Its weighted towards the single player aspect but people have a right to be skeptical.

And R* / T2 are just as bad as everyone else about micro transactions so lets not pretend theyre innocent. Im not interested in parsing out degrees of less guilt.

Anyway hope we get new RDR2 stuff this year see y gens

cryptorelic
  • cryptorelic

odĕrint dum metŭant

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:57 PM Edited by cryptorelic, 26 October 2017 - 12:03 AM.

So basically this interview is just confirming what we all knew when RDR2 got announced.

How about a question like... how will RDR2 get implemented in this very new Online system ?

Is it going to be Grand Theft Auto V: Online in the future (so forever) or a more open GTA:Online implementing future GTA's (if there are any) or perhaps even different games like RDR2 ?

I highly doubt that they will have any other choice but to keep it locked to GTA V which means it will die sooner or later because they will stop rolling out content after a RDR2 release and maybe even a GTA6 release, which considering the facts will be the next instalment in the GTA series (with SP DLC's *officially* off the table).

I'm just going to believe as soon as GTA 6 is hitting us (IF) support for GTA 5 will get cut and everybody will have to move to GTA 6 (talking online only) which makes almost everybody constantly playing GTA 5 automatically buying GTA 6 just to continue and advance the fun.

R* is doing great at this point, I just hope they don't get stuck with GTA 5 and *not soon* work/release *+3yrs* on any new GTA due to Online and it's massive success.

I mean, they could lean back and cash in for another 5 years without bringing any new instalment in the GTA-series, just advance online more add more content get more people to join make it even more perfect.

My opinion on all this: Online is great fun, but in GTA my only love will always be SP. So turn it down a notch with Online on the next GTA release and focus more and longer even after the release on SP instead of on Online.

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:00 AM Edited by Xiled, 26 October 2017 - 03:32 AM.

Yep until they don't make any dlc for singleplayer and only make dlc for online. Oh wait gta v already did that. Can't wait to get dlc horses in rdr2 multiplayater that I can't ride in rdr2 singleplayer. Just like gta v does with cars.

• BUT THE BENZ likes this

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

Imran Sarwar, is that the new guy replacing The Benz?

Rafae
  • Rafae

General

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:53 AM

Yeah

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:41 AM

Yeah

Replacement Producers! Coming to cinemas soon!

• Rafae likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

It would be relatively same to assume that the overall content quality would be noticeably better than GTA Online (as GTAO uses 32000 Hz or lower audio, textures are lower, cutscene peds are lower).

The biggest killer in size is audio.

You mean the thing they messed up on the PC version bloating the size beyond what was needed? GTAO actually uses the CORRECT frequency range for this mastered audio, same as the consoles, etc, it was only on PC someone made a HUGE mistake as bandwidth blocked audio mastered for 32Khz into 48Khz, so there was NO impreovements at all, you're still getting 32Khz audio but it's now taking up the space of 48Khz, a whole THIRD extra of space needed. I wouldn't mind if they actually output source mix quality but on PC they used the console mastered audio, making it pointless and space hogging for no benefit.

Considering they've been doing GTAO audio at 32Khz for a while now I'd assume they wouldn't make the same idiotic mistake again with SP DLC.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

New Order

• Portugal

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:11 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 26 October 2017 - 10:18 PM.

A little correction: Radiostations and OST (at least) on PC are the original masters, but they're so murdered with the noise resulting from the ADPCM encoding that sometimes you can't really notice when looking at a spectrum. Here's a couple tracks from RLS with actual data (complex enough to stay above the noise) above 16 kHz (x2 = 32kHz):

https://i.imgur.com/8gIUm1Y.png

https://i.imgur.com/KeEBuqV.png

The biggest problem really is the fact they resampled it to 48Khz, along with the horrid ADPCM encoding. I'm not really sure why they felt the need to resample the 44.1 masters to 48, thus, indeed, keeping Ash's point about size.

Edit: OST. You can notice high frequency details that aren't part of the encoding from 16 to 18 kHz. Also, if you look closely, you can detect the cut-off at 22 kHz, the rest being ADPCM noise, because they resampled it.

https://i.imgur.com/amo3OOL.png

• Ash_735 likes this

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:01 AM

A SP DLC can't be bad than it is now, considering it's pretty much non-existent at this point. As for RDR2, a poor SP will probably lead to players abandoning the game, even quicker than GTA V. GTA:O Online sort of saved GTAV but RDR is all about SP fun first, before entering into the DLC or MP. I'm wondering if modes like Undead Nightmare will even be brought back.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:04 PM

Lol people still play single player games?

Spadge
  • Spadge

Hoochie Coochie Man

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:08 PM

Yeah

Replacement Producers! Coming to cinemas soon!

I don't feel him, looks kinda slimy. The Benz can't B replaced.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:27 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 28 October 2017 - 12:42 PM.

Ughhhh, again with the petty "waaa f*ck rockstar, greedy f*cks!" nonsense. I'll explain to you why Singleplayer DLC is technically not possible with the current DLC system.

Grand Theft Auto V uses a file in the update.rpf named "dlclist.xml". This XML document is used to mount DLC archives. All DLC is mounted using this file. Grand Theft Auto Online enforces file consistency (albeit very poorly, it just checks to see if the RPF is signed, nothing more) to make sure all players have the EXACT same archives. If archives do not match, you can only play with people who have the same exact files as you. This could be easily tested before Rockstar blocked using dinput8 (ASI loader) and OpenIV.asi in GTA Online - you would only be able to play with people who had the exact same mods as you. (However, you can still get online by signing your RPFs, but I suggest you don't do it, modding in GTAO is a no-go and will lead to a ban).

So, if SP DLC happened, players would be segregated by who owns the DLC or who doesn't. Now, instead of cutting up the playerbase, they could make the DLC a forced download and have it be unlocked after you fork up some cash, but nobody would want to download a large DLC package of content they can't access without paying. Another idea is that the DLC could be a free update, but there is no business sense in that. The ONLY WAY to have SP DLC is to chop up the playerbase - but this would kill the MP. DLC packages like map packs do the same thing to other games that have multiplayer, this is exactly what killed Max Payne 3's multiplayer..

So to all of you saying "f*ck rockstar" over something like this, grow up. The only time we should say f*ck rockstar is when they hurt us directly (OpenIV's short-lived shutdown is an example). Not getting some DLC isn't gonna destroy the damn game.

Technical concerns don't concern the layman gamer. Other games release single player DLC. It's a common thing. And Rockstar did it for EFLC. And guess what? We payed for it and we loved it and we thought it was great value for money. 

I also don't buy the cutting up the playerbase. I think that's the most fallacious argument ever.

They all ready cut up the playerbase when they abandoned singleplayer. That's besides the point. What's wrong with cutting up the playerbase? If I want to go to the cinema with friends we all need tickets to get in. If one of my friends doesn't want to pay to get in that's his problem. The cinema doesn't worrry about cutting up the viewerbase because of some imaginary thing of people not wanting to pay in and it cutting up groups of friends that might come in. If I want to play Xbox with a friend online we both must have Xboxs. Microsoft doesn't give free Xboxes away because one guy might buy one and his friend wont, therefore cutting up fanbase. 

I've read your second post and I suppose I'm not directing my reply directly at you NGclan. This against all those that use that excuse. I've seen the cutting-up the fanbase argument before. I don't buy it. Paid DLC and no Shark Cards are the way to go. That way nobody feels sh*t about playing in lobbies where one has a monetary, real cash gain. Anything owned in a game is done the same way by everyone, playing the game. Want a ride, you got to buy the ticket. I don't care the the playerbase is cut. Who do I have to care about that's not playing DLC? My friends? If my friend wanted it enough he would buy it. I'm certainly not going to worry about people I don't know not playing it. 

A real fan will buy DLC because they're a dedicated fan. With the freemium model, you don't have to be real fan. It's all there for you and you can pay your way to get things you like. Suddenly GTA Online is the most successful thing because any casual can participate. At least with paid DLC you can kind of say well anyone that bothered getting the DLC is a more than a causal fan and I'd rather be in a lobby with people that have love and passion for a game than someone who is just there because they can. It's all about gold medals for everyone and maximum participation. Never played GTA? Get in, it's free. We f*cked over single player experience, we just add free sh*t here. Come on.  

GTA Online is like that open-invitation college party where anyone and everyone can come and the place gets trashed, booze gets robbed and peoples handbags and phnes go missing. . Paid DLC is like that party that was invite-only but no matter how drunk you were and where you stupidly left your wallet or your phone it would make its way back to you because most people were on the same wavelength. 

That thing in the article about players will always find something to hate. It really only divided people in the HDera. Rockstar is all about making drastic changes during the HD era so much so that it's not alienating a minority of people but huge demographics of fans. GTA is really bi-polar in it's direction since IV and V. In IV it was taking out a whole bunch of features we've been adding to the series over the last 3 games, pissing off many fans. For V it's like silly SP story and  "we're now a online game with expensive micro-transactions." It's so inconsistent that I'm not sure it pays to be a long-time fan. I know they want to make every game unique but they almost benefit off the a rotation of new fans rather than fan-retention. Fans that get sucked in by a particular GTA, then realize it's not going to be anything like that again but you live in hope. In the 3D era for me, it just each title got bigger and better. Now,  I don't know what it is.  

• Rafae, bulldog385, Xiled and 1 other like this

RaMMy
  • RaMMy

⚜ ɯeDemβ๏yz ⚜

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:38 PM Edited by 4s4sin96, 28 October 2017 - 03:42 PM.

I'm curious to see the evolution of GTA without The Benz since he was an important part of what this series is today.

The new guy, Imran Sarwar, seems like a pretty much PR guy (that you see interviews from EA and Activision), if the day comes, and we see Microf*ckyougiveusmoneyTransactions into SP R* games, I won't care about this joke of an industry no more. 

As for GTA V SP DLC, why would they bother to waste time and money, when they can take the obvious route, MP ''UPDATES''.

Marius.Petran
  • Marius.Petran

Crackhead

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:30 PM

They can't keep up updating "GTA Online" in the next year with this small world of gta v,things in GTA Online today is tend to be more borring,all because of the map limitation,2018 will be the end of GTA Online development i can bet.

OVO
  • OVO

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:01 PM Edited by OVO, 31 October 2017 - 02:04 PM.

With GTA V, the single-player game was absolutely massive and very, very complete.

9c95f20c4150a768bc7e51932ef3f912.200x235

Can't believe you dare to say that if we can't even have f*cking chrome rims in SP.

• lol232, JRC99, alkaline_ and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users