Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:00 PM Edited by Android, 22 October 2017 - 09:12 PM.

zIp2SLH.png

Week of October 15th - October 21st

wE5k9l6.png

Welcome to the thirty-second issue of the GTAForums Weekly newsletter!

A new sub-forum has been created within the Rockstar Games section. Mainly focused on collectors in mind, the aptly-named Collectors sub-forum allows anyone to come and chat about their current collection, new finds, and so on. Since it has only just begun, it is a bit quiet, but hopefully things pick up soon as it could end up becoming an interesting asset to the community.

The Annis Elegy Retro Custom (19 votes) is leading yet again in Week 24 of the Weekly Vehicle Showdown. It's opponent, the Imponte Nightshade (10 votes), isn't too far behind it, but it may have a hard time coming up with the votes necessary to take the lead. If you're interested in voting, you don't have much longer, so hurry!

Issue 26 of Customs, Cruisers, and Classics was released, too. It's also part 5 of the Goon Squad showcase, so in this issue there's an interview with crew member Slasher.

GTAForums currently has a total of 15,099,196 posts (+9,134 from last week) and 717,388 members (+366 from last week) at the time this is being posted.

H93Hfjb.png

NEWS

GTA ONLINE

GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2

GENERAL CHAT

tjBbZMp.png

Welcome to the thirty-second week of Rockstar Central! I’m your host, Spider-Vice, and we’ll be highlighting this week’s happenings in the Rockstar Universe.

GTA Online
Transform Races are finally here! Launch yourself off a cliff with a supercar, end up as a boat, and shoot up to the sky as an airplane, all in the same race, in the latest evolution of racing in GTA Online. With a few nice twists to disorient you, like warping to other locations, these races are sure to be a testament of even more madness in GTA Online racing!

There are fifteen new Transform Races, all with a double GTA$ and RP bonus through this Thursday, 26th of October! You’ll be able to choose from 15 races, all featuring different twists and different vehicles and experiences. One of them even has the Phantom Wedge so you can send your opponents flying! Look forward for the Transform features to be added to the Creator later this fall, along with more Rockstar created Transform Races.

Until the same day, the 26th, there are some more bonuses going, this time until Thursday instead of Tuesday! LA Noire news on Tuesday anyone? Anyway… Lamar’s Contact Missions are now all paying Double GTA$ and RP rewards, so get to grinding those. Here’s a tip given under the table, spend as much time as you can in these missions to get the most of your pay! Time = money, and it’s not less time, MORE time!

Some discounts are also available in an assortment of Smuggler’s Run content, and more. 25% off:
- The LF-22 Starling in both Buy Now and Trade prices
- The V-65 Molotok in both prices
- The Buckingham Alpha-Z1 in both prices
- Engine Upgrades
- Turbo Upgrades
- Suspension Upgrades
- Handling Upgrades

This week, Rockstar has announced the next two sets of Premium Races and Time Trials until the 30th. From the 17th to the 23rd, we have “45º” as the Premium Race, locked to motorcycles; and the “Down Chilliad” Time Trial. From the 24th to the 30th, we have “Green Machine” as the Premium Race, locked to Supercars; and the “Del Perro Pier” Time Trial.

Rockstar General
This week, Rockstar is hosting yet another Celebrity Livestream, featuring T-Pain, coming by Rockstar NYC for his Acoustic Tour and is bringing some friends! MC Rob Markman of Genius, Abby Jasmine aka AbbNormal and Nyck Caution, who had been featured on the A$AP Mob GTA V stream.

It will be co-hosted by Typical Gamer, alongside the Rockstar NYC Stream Team, and he’s also going to jump in on the action.

Live on Monday, 23rd at 6pm Eastern on all the Rockstar Channels!

The Red Hook Crit Milano #8 recap has also been posted! Featuring special images from the venue and the race and the list of winners and runner-ups, you can check out the extensive recap and the final results on the Rockstar Newswire.

lH6C6oi.png

You’ve reached the sixth edition of Get Modified, the get spooky Halloween edition with your host, Ash_735.

There is no doubt that Rockstar Games will do something special for Halloween again this year, (maybe they’ll finally turn on that Halloween Weather?) but sadly it will most likely only be for Grand Theft Auto Online. However, that does not stop people in the modding community! So for our first item this week, it’s Simple Trainer by sjaak327. This all in one toolkit will provide you with everything you’ll ever need to manipulate Grand Theft Auto V. From vehicle spawns, weapons, time and weather, teleporting, and so on, this is the tool needed to blow open the game and allow you to go crazy. You might be wondering, however, why am I just mentioning this now? Well, as hinted earlier, Rockstar Games patched in a special Halloween Weather last year which has not been used by them, (apart from one adversary mode) BUT with Simple Trainer, you are able to activate it and enjoy this effect in your game right now.

So now you’ve got the weather set, it’s time to add some chilling things to the game, and obviously Trevor gets a lot of attention here, especially with these face packs provided by xXSMzXx. This pack provides you the option of dressing up as classic horror movie characters, or to keep it old school with the tried and tested clown face.

XWoJr09.jpg

Now let’s populate the world with ghouls. First up in this department we have Vampires by gtav_KWABZ, adding a little bit of classic Castlevania to the mix. Not modern enough for you? Well how about an army of T800’s from The Terminator, faithfully recreated by jr59. And of course, also from jr59, where would we be without the classic spooky Skeleton?

klxn6xT.jpg

For the true classics, thanks to Quechus13, we have the Halloween Add-On Pack, allowing you to play as very well done versions of Michael Myers, Leatherface, and Jason Voorhess, as well as bringing in a collection of melee weapons to suit said serial killers, including Kitchen Knives, Mallets and a Chainsaw!

ivZYu75.jpg

If you’re looking for something a little more comical, then Meth0d has got you covered with this Add-On Ped of Slimer from Ghostbusters, letting you fly around Los Santos terrorising people and causing all sorts of chaos.

z9T5lZo.jpg

Thanks to the modding community creating the tools and content above, you can dive in and turn Grand Theft Auto V completely upside down and experience a very different vibe for Halloween. We'd love to see some creative photos from all of you out there, and if you're dedicated enough, perhaps some movies too? Show us what you've got, it can be as violent or as comical as you want!

nQeR6he.png

ukuhZZp.png

5QLt3k3.png

gkaUlqa.png

iLLYHiGHROLLER

jun1eLp.png

PSpsWml.png

bhAh7eI.png

mOPFJ4y.png

q4BTMzp.png

J3OSRcE.png

Rl9T2Za.png

We'd like to introduce forum leader, Red Dead Redemption 2 fan, and author of R* Central, Spider-Vice!

Arrow: As a member of the community for way over a decade, what initially brought you here?
Spider-Vice: Back in 2006, I was very much into modding the III-era games. Before I joined, I remember looking for Total Conversions, car and map mods on GTA Garage and the modding forums. Eventually, as I had some questions about GTA SA and wanted to contribute to the discussion, I ended up joining, also because GTA IV had been announced, and by March 2007 here I was hyping the first trailer for it. I took a hiatus for a while around that time, but then came back and here I am since then.

Has your opinion on the community changed in any way since you originally joined?
Honestly, not really. A forum is always a place where people voice very different opinions, after all, a forum wouldn't exist if this weren't the case. The advent of a game like GTA Online changed things up a little compared to the era where you only discussed GTA "NeXt" and GTA IV, but I feel like it's just the natural evolution of things. Different generations, different personalities joining as years pass, making things more dynamic, even when things go a little bit south. On the flip side, many of the close-knit communities like the original Official Gangs still exist for years and years, and I'm proud to belong to one of those since 2011.

What's the history / context regarding your username?
I'm not even sure myself! Somewhere in 2006 or 2007, I liked the Spider-Man movies and I loved GTA Vice City for quite some time, and I was looking for a new nickname. For some reason, the words "Spider" and "Vice" came to my head and I stuck them together. Ended up sounding more badass back then than it actually is, but I ended up keeping it everywhere.

What do you enjoy most about the community?
As I mentioned before, I think the different opinions and points of view are one of the enjoyable parts of the forum, it's boring to get people to say "I agree" to everything others say, you know? The close-knit communities I mentioned are also a very high point of GTAForums, whether they are official gangs or non-official gangs in the Crews forum. The thing that most impresses me, however, is how the community gets together when there is something to investigate: a new RDR2 leak? Something new from the GTA V beta era? A new finding related to Rockstar Games' deepest secrets? People get together and analyse those things to death, just look at the RDR2 Mapping Thread and the GTA V Beta Hunt. Or even the GTA V Mapping Thread from 2011! It's a very exciting part of the forum, all the findings and how people get together for the same cause.

Is there anything you would like to change here on the forum?
Go back to IPB1, I miss that blue theme! Bring back karma! Jk. I think it's fine the way it is, save for the eventual release of IPB4 which should happen in a few weeks/months/decades or so™.

Which forum member do you feel closest to?
I can't really pinpoint a member I feel closest to. That would have to be several members. The fellas at Zaibatsu I feel really close to, for obvious reasons. They've always been a great bunch to be with. And then there's the staff too, I usually talk very frequently with Kirsty on Discord, and most other staff too really. Discord is an awesome invention, we're all pretty close anyway and it's not always serious business, in fact with some of them, very rarely so except when really needed.

What do you enjoy the most about writing R* Central? Have you written anything like it before?
A few years back, I had a small unsuccessful website where I wrote news about Rockstar related titles. It's no longer up, but it's not the first time I do this. I've always enjoyed writing news articles, especially about my favourite developer. Sometimes I might not have time or the necessary information to write about everything I want to in an issue, so I apologise for that. I very much enjoy all aspects of R* Central, especially when I have the chance to insert innocent jokes into the issue. It's a bit of a shame that sometimes all I have to write about is GTA Online, but there isn't much I can do about it, it's all Rockstar wants to do now, at least for the next few months. Hoping Rockstar turns their attention to RDR2 fully soon, I don't believe GTA Online can last so long!

As the forum leader of the RDR2 sub-forum, how do you try to keep the activity / spirits up during a lull of information?
Because of lack of information, there aren't many things we can do to spice things up. We've thought of some things, so you should stay tuned should the drought be large again. :) Keeping threads like Will CJ Be in RDR2? open, much like the V days, allow people to have more of a laidback and fun discussion which should help distract from the drought some. Trailer 2 has also recently released and there's still quite a lot of speculation going on, and a lot of mapping too! So we hope that the drought doesn't last too long, or people will start going batsh*t crazy.

Picture this; you've suddenly become an Admin here on the forum. What do you do first?
Oof, hard to say. I would probably do the exact same thing I do now, except it would be extended to all of GTAForums in that case. I would probably be even more engaged in the evolution of the Network as a whole, I like giving suggestions and forming strategies about things to do or improve, even currently.

As the host of Rockstar Central, I'm sure everybody is wondering what your favorite R* title is. Would you mind sharing?
The response might shock half of GTAForums, so here goes, but not before a little "preface". My favourite R* title used to be GTA Vice City and then San Andreas because of how it played, the story, the features and things to do. I replayed that game over a hundred times if not more between 2005 and now, and I still know the map like the back of my hand. However, with the release of GTA V, looking at how the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine has evolved and how silly the story can be, my attentions pretty much turned to GTA V. Despite criticisms, I think it's a pretty solid game despite some shortcomings with the story. There's a lot of detail put into it, in the NPC's, in the city, everything is pretty top notch in terms of that. Spiritually my favourite is still GTA SA, but I'm going to say GTA V.

Do you have any other interests, hobbies, favorite music, and so on? Tell us more about the person behind your alias.
Sure! My interests are pretty boring but I generally like technology, nature and geography. I like to do what most boring people like to do - listening to music all the time, chatting with friends, being with friends IRL doing random stuff (despite being quite awkward and introverted), I dunno. As for my favourite music, I mostly like Alternative Rock, Indie and even shoegaze/new-wave/post-punk music. I'm the kind of guy who is almost constantly wearing band t-shirts and likes doing so a lot. Obviously there's also the video games, but with uni and a crappy laptop, I don't do much of that anymore except when I come home to my gaming PC. I've also been very distracted with the new Life is Strange game, which is one of the most amazing gaming experiences I've had in terms of story-based games, along with the first game.

Any final comments? Do you have anything to say to our readers & the GTAF community?
I would like to say thanks for reading the interview about my boring introverted self I guess! You're all awesome!

qO34erD.png

Kanye West - New Slaves

“New Slaves” was the first single used to promote West’s sixth studio album, Yeezus. Its launch was accompanied by 66 projections of the song on buildings around the world. The track features a more minimalistic and experimental production compared to his previous work, much like the entirety of the album.

In the track, West goes through various topics, such as slavery and racism, criticizing the media as well as going through some racial stereotypes. The track culminates in a giant crescendo sampling  "Gyöngyhajú lány" by Hungarian rock band Omega, while American R&B artist Frank Ocean sings over it.

Album: Yeezus

Genre: Hip-Hop/Experimental Hip-Hop

Release Date: June 13, 2013

Label(s): Def Jam

Writer(s): Kanye West, Christopher Breaux, Cydel Young, Ben Bronfman, Malik Jones, Che Smith, Elon Rutberg, Sakiya Sandifer, Louis Johnson, Mike Dean, Gabor Presser, Anna Adamis

JyLyVpJ.png

Android - Editor & Publisher, Topics/Snaps of the Week

Arrow - GTAForums News

Ash_735 - Get Modified

slohbur - Graphics Assistant

Spider-Vice - Rockstar Central

Testarossa - Track of the Week

unbid - Interviewer

• Voodoo, JoonasPRKL, Spider-Vice and 22 others like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Hic sunt dracones

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:10 AM

Great read as always.

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

Now I know a bit more about Spider. Interesting fella ;) 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users