Mods folder not working

2 replies to this topic
Glisp
  • Glisp

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:46 AM

So for some reason my mod folder won't work, Why is modding GTA V so f*cking complicated? I set it up properly according to a guide, but none of my add-on vehicles or pedestrians are working. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Please help me.

LeeC2202
  • LeeC2202

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

You know, from the perspective of someone who tries to help people when they can, these kinds of posts are absolutely infuriating. They are 99% guaranteed to make someone close the page, the minute they have finished reading your post. I sat here for 5 minutes wondering whether to do precisely that.

You think modding GTA V is complicated, even with a guide? Trust me, modding GTA V is nothing compared to trying to troubleshoot a problem with zero information. It's like going to a garage and saying "My car doesn't work" and expecting them to just fix it.

So pretend you're in my shoes for one minute, look at your post and ask yourself "What information is in that post, that gives me any information about your game (like the version), your setup (how you have the game installed), which guide you have followed, what errors are being logged, which parts of modding the game do work etc...".

You said "I don't understand what I'm doing wrong", to which I would say "How am I supposed to know what you are doing wrong, when you haven't told me what you have done?". Already I have probably taken 10x longer to write my reply than you did to ask the question and I'm not the one who needs the help.

People won't ask question after question, in an attempt to drag information out of you, that should already be here... their time is too valuable to do that with every troubleshooting thread on the forums. So the less info you provide, the more chance people will ignore the request for help. To get help, you need to give people help first and that means give them useful information.

• MSB165 and meimeiriver like this

meimeiriver
  • meimeiriver

Crackhead

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 4 weeks ago

So for some reason my mod folder won't work, Why is modding GTA V so f*cking complicated? I set it up properly according to a guide, but none of my add-on vehicles or pedestrians are working. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Please help me.

Like Lee said, first explain what you did, and then maybe we can tell what you did wrong.

And clearly you didn't "set it up properly according to a guide," or you'd have had a working mods folder by now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users