Quantcast

» «
Photo

Transform Races - Your Thoughts?

372 replies to this topic

Poll: Transform Races (211 member(s) have cast votes)

Liking the new Transform Races?

1. Yay! (51 votes [24.17%])

Percentage of vote: 24.17%

2. Nay. (67 votes [31.75%])

Percentage of vote: 31.75%

3. Mmm, they're alright. (93 votes [44.08%])

Percentage of vote: 44.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote
kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think R can kiss my white ass.
This was my first and only transform race.

The same thing happened in the second lap and ultimately cost me the win.

I exploded in the same checkpoint on my first lap, still won the race and set world record on the last lap
Why don't you have spoiler on your car? Because of looks?
  • AUScowboy and Jenkiiii like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by StangOne50, 4 weeks ago.

You deserved it - shouln't have put neons on that Vagner.

This is why we get sh*t content. Noobs like you focus on my lights instead of the fact that this sh*t is flawed.
  • KWF1981 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by sleepwalk1980, 4 weeks ago.

Definitely looking foward to logging on later. Plus now hangar missions have improved my flying ability 100 fold, I should be good to thrash all the kids who only ever drive supers.

Also check out R* building huge themed things like the creator community do. See, dragon, get wrecked and home run... Nice try R* but we're still better at creating
  • SaveTheZombies likes this

Maxx1013
  • Maxx1013

Overtime Shootout sucks

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Changed my vote they are complete fu*king crap. One race I fly through a checkpoint but don't transform so I respawn and try again this time I transform into a car and immediately spin out of control. Another race I'm in first for the whole fu*king race a few checkpoints from the finish I have around a 20 second lead I transform into a car and immediately blow up so I put my controller down wait for the race to finish instantly dislike it and close this piece of sh*t game. This could be a really fun thing that I could spend hours everyday for weeks doing but since the people working at R* at complete fu*king idiots I will never touch this game mode again and won't bother playing GTA until the next update if there is anything good in it.

This is why we get sh*t content. Noobs like you focus on my lights instead of the fact that this sh*t is flawed.

Flawed is a very nice way of putting it. This sh*t is broken.

• StangOne50, stagolee, kenmy13999 and 2 others like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I exploded in the same checkpoint on my first lap, still won the race and set world record on the last lap
Why don't you have spoiler on your car? Because of looks?

I have the standard spoiler on it. I was able to get back into 1st but the same sh*t happened on the second lap and the guy in 2nd passed me, since the finish line is right after that CP I lost.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by KWF1981, 4 weeks ago.

Why do people wanna play them solo?

Can anyone confirm if Custom vehicles is active through the whole race or only from start to first checkpoint?

If you get in early, and run solo on these while they're very new... Risk free racing blonde tattoo/world record award... Had to, R* don't/won't/can't fix the glitched times... That award always vexed me, so when it came up I was delighted man...

I got mine when the 2nd set of stunt races were added, just popped on as soon as the next DLC thread mentioned them...

I think I set 4/5 records that morning, though the others were in races versus others... But just like busses... Wait for one to come, see many...

* Research too, tracks and vehicles...

• StangOne50 and kenmy13999 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by KWF1981, 4 weeks ago.

This has to be the best, simplest way to describe it man... 100%.

(Oops, sorry)

• StangOne50 likes this

johnpolo
  • johnpolo

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Can't wait to try them tonight!

Turbulence
  • Turbulence

Bati lightning

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

They're alright. Prefer normal stunt races though.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Many of the flying sections aren’t very competitive. It’s not “you doing better” as much as “they screw something up”. The sea sections, too (at least the ones I tried). The sections are short, simple turns with multiple checkpoints to aim for.

The warp checkpoints are simply annoying, especially the group of them near the end of the Vinewood Hills race.

I set a lap record but no on-screen acknowledgement, other than the star next to time on the the post-race results screen. I got the Racing Blonde tat (legitimately) years ago, so I’m not livid about it this time. Same thing happened on the first day of Stunt Races.

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hmmm, so basically it's mostly super cars, motorbikes, and special vehicles, eh? Oh, just pardon me while I choke and die from my pending sense of excitement! 😑

I'll give them a try when (or if) I have the time, but I have to ask: are customs the only option here or can that be turned off? I'm not interested in purchasing cars that do not appeal to me just so that I can try out a few races. I'm assuming there isn't an option to simply select or set the car of your choice for each transformation. I wonder if that's even an option for custom tracks. Probably not, but can you even create custom transformer races yet? I'd be far more interested if this didn't follow the stunt race model and instead made use of *gasp* actual roads or natural terrain. 😝

Seriously though, no muscle cars or sports classics? R*, you break my heart more and more every day and I rarely even play the bloody game anymore.
  • Rafae, alkaline_, Jenkiiii and 2 others like this

ALifeOfMisery
  • ALifeOfMisery

I see dead people...real ones....often.

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hmmm, so basically it's mostly super cars, motorbikes, and special vehicles, eh? Oh, just pardon me while I choke and die from my pending sense of excitement! 😑

I'll give them a try when (or if) I have the time, but I have to ask: are customs the only option here or can that be turned off? I'm not interested in purchasing cars that do not appeal to me just so that I can try out a few races. I'm assuming there isn't an option to simply select or set the car of your choice for each transformation. I wonder if that's even an option for custom tracks. Probably not, but can you even create custom transformer races yet? I'd be far more interested if this didn't follow the stunt race model and instead made use of *gasp* actual roads or natural terrain. 😝

Seriously though, no muscle cars or sports classics? R*, you break my heart more and more every day and I rarely even play the bloody game anymore.

Just customs on/off. The vehicles used in each race is locked except some allow you to choose your starting vehicle from a specific class.
  • alkaline_, Jenkiiii and -LN- like this

JoeFury1997
  • JoeFury1997

Easy lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it.

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah don't use the Schafter v12, I just overshot the second last checkpoint on one of the races.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah don't use the Schafter v12, I just overshot the second last checkpoint on one of the races.

Or just take your finger off the accelerator when needed?

JoeFury1997
  • JoeFury1997

Easy lover, she'll get a hold on you believe it.

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well it was my first time doing the race so I wasn't expecting it.
  • The Ost and 555-We-Tip like this

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

First: buy all the vehicles to use in Transform races.

Have you got a spare $40 million?

• Jenkiiii likes this

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Happened to me too on my first try. Absurd that you can even go that far over it.

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm bored already  :lol: and I haven't even played yet.

It's not new or serious enough for my middle-aged sensibilities. I need something... tangible, like real hills and ramps and realistic steak, maybe.

I'll post some serious comments later once I get off work and chow down.

• kenmy13999, -LN- and KWF1981 like this

Randoom.
  • Randoom.

insert some wannabe important title here

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Wow what a well constructed totally relevant reason why we get "sh*t" content.

Too salty for jokes?

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Well, I haven't tried them yet. I have no problem with water races, I like air races - as long as they actually require some ability, I like road races....but I think that's where the problem may come in, I'm guessing that the car or bike sections will mostly consist of 'stunt' tracks & those, I do not like.

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Soldier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 4 weeks ago

Why do people wanna play them solo?

Can anyone confirm if Custom vehicles is active through the whole race or only from start to first checkpoint?

If you get in early, and run solo on these while they're very new... Risk free racing blonde tattoo/world record award... Had to, R* don't/won't/can't fix the glitched times... That award always vexed me, so when it came up I was delighted man...

I got mine when the 2nd set of stunt races were added, just popped on as soon as the next DLC thread mentioned them...

I think I set 4/5 records that morning, though the others were in races versus others... But just like busses... Wait for one to come, see many...

* Research too, tracks and vehicles...
I see what you mean and also the others that answered my question.
When there's new races I usually host my own non contact races and I usually win more than I loose but the payout is much better than racing alone. I also got my racing blonde tattoo last winter or something, would've gotten it today also if I didn't already have it
  • Jenkiiii and KWF1981 like this

ComradeKuma
  • ComradeKuma

Ryder, Nigga.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Only synths put neons on a Vagner.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm in love with the warp checkpoints! Can't wait for the creator, got a couple of warp ideas up in my noggin :D
  • Mach1bud and sleepwalk1980 like this

555-We-Tip
  • 555-We-Tip

He's got half of Mexico in here!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've played them for a couple hours at this point. They're alright. I kind of want to hate them but they are pretty fun in truth. I might get bored of them soon though and want traditional racing back. Unfortunately I don't know if that's ever coming back. 

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm in love with the warp checkpoints! Can't wait for the creator, got a couple of warp ideas up in my noggin :D

Already got a half dozen races nearly done. Just need to put in some warps/transform CPs and I'm good to go!

And I just got finished playing through all the new TRs.

Gotta say, I loved it. A few races are typical rockstar fair, no very creative or imaginative. And they need to mix up the vehicles, overusing a lot of them (seashark, besra)

Some of them are really good. Dragon for instance - flying through the dragons mouth in a plane, through his body in a Super then out up and over it's back to drop through it's head in a Compact and back out it's mouth.

Definitely will get a lot of repeat plays from me. 1 and a half thumbs up for TR

• dead goon and REXX like this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

First: buy all the vehicles to use in Transform races.

Have you got a spare $40 million?

I have 172 million, and I just to need to buy: Vortex,Faggio Sport, Trophie Truck, FMJ, Ultralight and Seabreeze.
  • sleepwalk1980 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Only synths put neons on a Vagner.

I could care less what your mom does with her vagner lol

fryday
  • fryday

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Happened to me too on my first try. Absurd that you can even go that far over it.

My second transform-race, I was leading 10 seconds in front, when this happened... ended 10th...

those random traps must not be in there.

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

They're pretty good, not anything more than meets the eye though. :rol:

I too am looking forward to it hitting the creator. I think the community can come up with more interesting races than these.

• Goingcrowd9 and ALifeOfMisery like this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've played the one called McKenzie twice and when riding the aqua blazer I'm unable to lower the wheels so can't complete the race? Pushed right dpad 100 times and nothing... works fine outside this race... frustrating... anyone seen this happen?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users